Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Doubt Messi cares that much, he's a paycheck player at this point. As long as he bleeds PSG dry of money, he doesn't really care. He's focused on Argentina. He should go play in MLS next, I just hope Laporta is not dumb enough to fuck up our rebuild by bringing him back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He'll play out his contract I think because there's no way PSG can get rid of Neymar even if they wanted to after signing him to a long-term deal and I don't think another European club is an option for Messi. Barcelona and Man City probably only two options he would consider but doubt we or them want him.

PSG will have a new President/CEO, Sporting Director and Manager next season acc to latest reports so Nasser, Leonardo and Poch will all be booted out. Will be interesting to see what they do. Been some talks about Zidane being the manager and Wenger the SD but I find that unlikely.

malvolio

So, where does he go? I said earlier and was serious about taking him back.

He would play another role and with 5 subs rule we could easily accommodate him along with Dani Alves as great subs, at least.

Tbf we don't have anyone remotely close to his quality. He could stay out of cup and Liga games vs minions.

But won't happen anyway so no point in discussing it.

DonAK

Won't be surprised if PSG gets rid of half of their squad and then sign up all the top French talent in their league. Gouri, Tchouameni, Caqueret, etc.

malvolio

Won't be surprised if PSG gets rid of half of their squad and then sign up all the top French talent in their league. Gouri, Tchouameni, Caqueret, etc.

Not a bad move but would postpone their CL dream for at least another 2 years.

Rassvet

[Luis Suarez on IG] As always, football has a very short memory. I'm always with you guys. Love you guys so much! (Referring to Messi and Neymar getting booed by the PSG fans at home)

serghei

That's bad news for us who love a good meme PSG. Finally means they woke up and go at it in a sane way. Realized football is not a circa 2004 Pepsi advert.

KingLeo10

He should see out his contract at PSG and retire to the MLS. I still want us to give him a proper farewell in front of a packed Camp Nou with an exhibition match in his name, but don't think we should get him back as a player.

DonAK

He should see out his contract at PSG and retire to the MLS. I still want us to give him a proper farewell in front of a packed Camp Nou with an exhibition match in his name, but don't think we should get him back as a player.

According to MD the club want to do it in 2025 when the redeveloped stadium is opened up...

Rory

Played quite well, sharp passing which started off two of the goals, unlucky with hitting the post. Of course Bordeaux are shite so a decent game is the bare minimum. Definitely running more off the ball too. Should have brought that energy the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans