Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

Messi in his prime is easy GOAT, but my only gripe with him through his career has been that there are a few instances where he could have absolutely gone bonkers with his effort. But he is very unpredictable in which games he goes all out in and which games he doesn't.

Spot on, like the last 30 minute against madrid few days ago and everyone was watching. The fact that coaches can't sub him out when he's at that phase in a game is the problem

Hardy

if this reaction from crowd keep going for the rest of the season I definitely see him asking to leave, now if nasser will allow that is another thing lol

JamDav1982

if this reaction from crowd keep going for the rest of the season I definitely see him asking to leave, now if nasser will allow that is another thing lol

Nasser could well be gone himself and if new project there with signings that can come in to replace him and Neymar could well happen.

Hopefully not as know where he would probably end up.

gregorrin10

Hopefully Nasser does leave and all the Qatar money with it. Then let PSG fans whistle their new team, when they'll be back to midtable like the pre-Qatar era, enjoying in their mediocricy again. I would love nothing more than those Qatari fucks giving up and leaving without getting that CL trophy. QSG crumbling would be so satisfying.

But I'm not saying that because of Messi. I still wish for him to go to MLS, if he leaves them this summer. There's no point in him coming back to chase some nostalgia and hold back the current team and all the progress we made without the Messidepencia. We can still honor him with an exhibition match once he decides to hang it up, in 2025 when the new Camp Nou opens, or sooner if he decides before, But I do see him for at least 2 years in the MLS, and maybe one more back at Newells, and that would take his career to 2025 at least.

Morten

Hopefully Nasser does leave and all the Qatar money with it. Then let PSG fans whistle their new team, when they'll be back to midtable like the pre-Qatar era. QSG crumbling would be so satisfying, and Qatar giving up after failing miserably and never winning the CL. But I'm not saying that because of Messi. I still wish for him to go to MLS, if he leaves them this summer. There's no point in him coming back to chase some nostalgia and hold back the current team and all the progress we made without the Messidepencia. We can still honor him with an exhibition match once he decides to hang it up, in 2025 when the new Camp Nou opens, or sooner if he decides before, But I do see him for 2 years in the MLS, and that would take his career to 2025 at least.

"Everyone" keeps going on about MLS, despite it not being a very good league, and few actually watches it.

I just don't get it.

JamDav1982

Why do you think Messi or any of the other players linked would care about few watching it?

More folk watch it with likes of Messi there anyway.

Devils

Never thought I'd see the day where this cat got booed out of the stadium by his own fans. :wow:

Stunning scenes.

Rassvet

"Everyone" keeps going on about MLS, despite it not being a very good league, and few actually watches it.

I just don't get it.

Messi himself said last year he wants to play in MLS at some point but why let facts get in the way of your anti MLS agenda?

Rassvet

https://twitter.com/carrusel/status/1502725647898226695

This is the tweet Messigician meant to link. He didn't "tally up" the highest combine g/a and pick out winners himself lmao.

He definitely did just do that lol. His winners correspond exactly to this photo. Some shameless twitter fanboys somehow decided that individual performance being first in the criteria now means that whoever had most g/a would win it so Messi would have 9 and now that’s being spread around as fact on Barca/Messi twitter.

In reality, Messi would probably have 5, Ronaldo 4, and then one for Sneijer, Ribery, Modric, VVD, and Lewa with new rules.

0-B4-DB067-60-E0-431-F-BDAC-F6-AAFD124-BEC.jpg

Jadentheman

We play cross and inshala when out of options. And because we don't have the personnel to unlock some defenses. That's where special players come into play. Players that can decide a game on their own.

The only issue is that Messi would need to be mobile in order to work in Xavi's system and he's not capable. It doesn't match his current game and even then I doubt he can go a full 90. He definitely has to be a bench player or take a super sub role. But also the team has a great thing going and no one wants them to revert to Messidepencia or look to Messi again. That ruins the dynamic. He will forever be a Barca legend, but he will just have to go to MLS(which isn't as easy these days as some people think), Newell's or even the Brazilian league for his twilight years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Even if Messi were to play for us for free, or for very little money (which he won't), I wouldn't fancy the idea of bringing him back.

Yes he could very well be quite helpful in some games to help us create opportunities, or finding the right player in the right place etc. that other players don't see etc. as he has still got the vision and the ability to read the game better than most players, but his goal scoring abilities have declined so much that he won't really be much of goal scoring threat for us, I think.

Most importantly, if he is back then the team, both Xavi and the players will revert back to the Messi-dependencia mode again. It might help us get a win here and there, it will not help us truly get better and move forward.

KingLeo10

0-B4-DB067-60-E0-431-F-BDAC-F6-AAFD124-BEC.jpg

All this pic tells me is that he was another level compared to even prime CR7 or Lewa in his prime.

95 G + A 2011
113 G + A 2012
90 G + A 2016

And then 4 more 70-80 G + A seasons, which Lewa has only managed 1 times in his life and that too, in Bundesliga

Insanity.

Rassvet

Even if Messi were to play for us for free, or for very little money (which he won't), I wouldn't fancy the idea of bringing him back.

Yes he could very well be quite helpful in some games to help us create opportunities, or finding the right player in the right place etc. that other players don't see etc. as he has still got the vision and the ability to read the game better than most players, but his goal scoring abilities have declined so much that he won't really be much of goal scoring threat for us, I think.

Most importantly, if he is back then the team, both Xavi and the players will revert back to the Messi-dependencia mode again. It might help us get a win here and there, it will not help us truly get better and move forward.

That's kind of my thoughts on it too. Messi coming back could make sense for all parties if it was approached right, but doubt it would go that way so best for it not to happen. It could be a very unpleasant season for him at PSG next year though especially if they don't have a great summer transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans