Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Crazy to think 1 year ago, people who suggested Messi being the issue on here were attacked and now it's become the common consensus and most of the evidence is on the pitch. No world class players, no GOATs yet were are playing some of our best football in years as a TEAM.

I don't get the hate for him though, he's the GOAT (prime Messi) and gave us so much joy. Some might say 'well he joined P$G, that traitor' but remember Messi himself didn't actually want to leave, PSG were his only option.

A year ago Messi was scoring like crazy and dragged a poor Barca on his back so yeah , people criticising him got rightfully attacked as he wasn’t the issue , he would be if he would join us in the summer though.

Kul_z

The rules of Messi fan boys... Barca struggle without him.. they miss Messi.. Barca win without him... Messi would still make team better.

Can focus on making his own team better now.

Its laughable how usual haters bring him when something is good as he was the root of all evil that was happening to us in last years.

Let me get this straight, you think that in this xaviball system, where even dembele 'can' make simple job of hugging the line, without any positional awareness and laziness while pressing back where he runs a bit faster then busi himself, messes up half of the decent passes that should have been a decent link-up play, ball control in the mould of lukaku at best(im generous) , and messi couldnt be useful?

Oh common.

serghei

Messi is just too old. There's nothing more than that. His legs are gone. At this point, it's almost like bringing Iniesta back. Same thing. They don't have the legs anymore to deal with the effort required to play at a certain level.

I bet he still takes the piss in PSG trainings at free-kick and rondos drills just the same as in 2009. But in live game adversity, he doesn't cut it anymore and never will again probably.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wouldn't mind what @Rassvet says.

He's a Bayern Munich fan until Lewandowski starts declining. Then he'll jump to another team. Maybe even Real Madrid to stan Mbappe.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Also: If you come to a forum to keep track of Ws and Ls all the time and randomly instigating shit then you must have very little to do in your real non-internet life.

Touch grass.

Joan

Seriously though, is there anyone who would take Messi back these days? Knowing his demands and how he effects the squad?

serghei

I wouldn't take him even if he wants to play for free. Just have him back for a send-off game and that's it. Chapter closed.

KingLeo10

Wouldn't mind what @Rassvet says.

He's a Bayern Munich fan until Lewandowski starts declining. Then he'll jump to another team. Maybe even Real Madrid to stan Mbappe.

He was stanning for CR7 and RM big time during their CL 3 peat. Which is completely fine...we welcome RM fans here, but individuals who use names such as "FCB1987" or "messi15478" (Fati) pretending to be Barca fans while stanning for opposition players and incessantly trolling our players is where my problem with them began.

I mean this guy recently said we were on the verge of becoming Dortmund to RM's Bayern. And now he caught a huge L today on that take, is trying to shit stir in this thread.
[MENTION=14527]te amo barca[/MENTION] actually has the best take on this one (as in actual reasons/analysis). Messi does not fit Barca's current team and we are better off without him.

That doesn't mean he is a bum or there has been some sort of revelation in football over the last 3-4 years. Right now, what's left of Messi isn't enough to compensate for the advantages of superior tactical play and pressing/effort and cohesion. But that doesn't mean we can't appreciate how utterly dominant he was at his best. Similar to how Iniesta in his last season at Barca was getting overrun in midfield more often than not versus even semi-decent opposition, but I ain't letting that cloud my appraisal of Iniesta's overall stature as one of the 5 (probably 3) greatest Barca players ever, just to give an example.

Rassvet

Also: If you come to a forum to keep track of Ws and Ls all the time and randomly instigating shit then you must have very little to do in your real non-internet life.

Touch grass.

Interesting you say that considering one of the first things your bf on here did post match was to dig up a post I made several days ago to insult me and try (fail) to hand me an L over it.

Seems you two have resorted to your usual game of making terrible takes and then trying to change the discussion into a barrage of personal attacks to cope with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans