Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazario1985

I think so too.

They also have the midfielders that can press and will run and work hard off the ball with Wijnaldum, Verratti and Paredes.

Marquinhos and Ramos as CBs with Donnarumma/Navas in goal.

Anything but minimum 1 CL title + 1 SF run at worst is a failure.

One of their best pressing guys is Angel.

So it will be a headache for the coach to figure out the right squad but the kind of headache any coach dreams about.

Zidane82

Messi wins the CL 2 times in a row , convinces Mbapee to join Barcelona on a free transfer , Laporta gathers all the money he can till next 2 years and also brings Haaland.

Mbapee - Haaland - Messi

Barca wins the CL and Messi gets a proper farewell.

HOPE.

Why would he ever come back though ?
Wasn?t he hell bent on joining ManCity last year ??

I thought he?d been talked into staying for another season ?

It?s not as though he wanted to spend his whole career here and then retire ..

malvolio

It's just impossible to see anyone stopping them. Messi just brings way too much skill, experience, calm and control to what is an already star studded team. What are the odds right now for a PSG win? I'm not a betting guy but I think this year I might actually put something on it.

it helps that there aren't that many top top teams around. spanish teams are in the mud, from the english ones only chelsea and city look menacing and there is bayern.

sure anything can happen in KOs but with away goal rule being abolished there is more room for error.

Nazario1985

Best in the world really? They have done nothing to prove that. Better with Messi now but still just inside top 5 on paper. Playing in that league isn't improving them every year

They are one of the best squads in the world easily top 2 or 3, I only see Bayern or City with them in the top 3.

They reached the CL final a year ago, they are getting close.

It's up to the coach now.

fergus90

Depends if their players can stay fit and the new signings gel too really. Up to 5 new players in the first-team may time take to get cohesive. I'd say it's between PSG, Bayern, City and Chelsea 'on paper'.

However, one team usually springs a surprise too.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Even though I don't mind PSG winning a CL or two, especially at the expense of the likes of Bayern, Madrid and Liverpool etc., I must say I will be enjoying them crashing out empty-handed immensely, with all the hype and expectations after Messi joining them. It would be great if they still get zero CL's in the two years Messi stays there.

For football yes, its really sad that some clubs think they can basically buy the cl title. Not only PSG, also Manu or City. Thats why i was so happy that lille won last season the ligue 1 title or villareal has beaten Manu in EL final, this gives me hope. But if barca is getting out of the cl it doesnt matter for me if PSG wins, would be happy for Messi and Pochettino even though it would be sad day for football. It makes me furious though when i see people like rassvet or kingleo want PSG wins the cl instead of barca, you cant be barca fan if you dont want to see barca winning the trophies. Anyways, lets hope those fifa playing clubs wont win big titles for the life of football.

Last edited:

snowy

you cant compare the expectations of winning cl with barca and psg dude, psg is at the moment the best team in the world

On paper but still the players need to gel. Just look at how long it took for Chelsea last season. .

Thinking the frontline will manage it fairly quickly but you just can't V for granted in CL, with chance playing such a big role.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Poch will set them up and how much room will be given for the players to play on the fly and improv...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
For football yes, its really sad that some clubs think they can basically buy the cl title. Not only PSG, also Manu or City. Thats why i was so happy that lille won last season the ligue 1 title or villareal has beaten Manu in EL final, this gives me hope. But if barca is getting out of the cl it doesnt matter for me if PSG wins, would be happy for Messi and Pochettino even though it would be sad day for football. It makes me furious though when i see people like rassvet or kingleo want PSG wins the cl instead of barca, you cant be barca fan if you dont want to see barca winning the trophies. Anyways, lets hope those fifa playing clubs wont win big titles.

I don't want Madrid and Bayern to win more CLs, period, and to a lesser extent, Liverpool. If those three don't win, I don't care who wins or not, including PSG.

KingLeo10

For football yes, its really sad that some clubs think they can basically buy the cl title. Not only PSG, also Manu or City. Thats why i was so happy that lille won last season the ligue 1 title or villareal has beaten Manu in EL final, this gives me hope. But if barca is getting out of the cl it doesnt matter for me if PSG wins, would be happy for Messi and Pochettino even though it would be sad day for football. It makes me furious though when i see people like rassvet or kingleo want PSG wins the cl instead of barca, you cant be barca fan if you dont want to see barca winning the trophies. Anyways, lets hope those fifa playing clubs wont win big titles.

:lol: :lol:

No one has taken the prospect of Messi winning big trophies worse than you.

Glad we get to see you meltdown in real time :lol:

mc_lovin

PSG has at best 2 seasons to win the CL. And generally it's a fair bit of lottery. Apart from that they need to out-talent other teams like we did in 2015. With worse versions of Messi and Neymar.

I wouldn't bet on them. And I won't pretend Messi doesn't cause massive issues (for all the talent he has). It seems like there's only this fairy tale version of him in people's heads since he left.

malvolio

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">PSG get ~?68m per year from licensing deals with Nike / Jordan Brand<br><br>Nike get 100% of ? from shirt + other sales until certain threshold is met, at which point PSG can earn more<br><br>There’s a reason why Nike earns more in 6 weeks than PSG have earned in its entire 50-year existence</p>— Jake Cohen (@JakeFCohen) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakeFCohen/status/1425221022551363588?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans