Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

On paper but still the players need to gel. Just look at how long it took for Chelsea last season. .

Thinking the frontline will manage it fairly quickly but you just can't V for granted in CL, with chance playing such a big role.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Poch will set them up and how much room will be given for the players to play on the fly and improv...

Yeah agree with you. At tottenham poche needed a few seasons to build a real team if i remember correctly so lets see how he will manage it at psg.

snowy

Why would he ever come back though ?
Wasn?t he hell bent on joining ManCity last year ??

I thought he?d been talked into staying for another season ?

It?s not as though he wanted to spend his whole career here and then retire ..

He did mention possibly coming back after his Paris stint in the presser. And he volunteered it as the reporter only asked him if he had a message to the Barca fans. He ended it saying anything is possible.

One thing's for sure though, a proper reunion (whether he signs again or not) and mega farewell show is bound to happen at some point in the future.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

PSG has at best 2 seasons to win the CL. And generally it's a fair bit of lottery. Apart from that they need to out-talent other teams like we did in 2015. With worse versions of Messi and Neymar.

I wouldn't bet on them. And I won't pretend Messi doesn't cause massive issues (for all the talent he has). It seems like there's only this fairy tale version of him in people's heads since he left.

2015 MSN was unbelievable, its a mystery how we had won only 1 cl with the best trio of the history.

Sorin

On paper they are the strongest team in the world, that's why it will be a huge failure to not win it. They are probably a world class LB away of having a complete team but that's really just nitpicking since Bernat is serviceable at least.

Question remains if they gel and if the front 3 will put aside their stardom and work for the team. We already know Messi's workrate, if Mbappe and Neymar follow suit they will have huge problems on the defensive side.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't know when it will happen, or when it can happen, but he deserves a proper goodbye in front of a packed Camp Nou. Even if it is playing for another team. Just something, even if it's not much.

Worst thing about all this was the way it ended. Shameful.

After years of culers trashing Real Madrid for the way Casillas left the club and how people were trashing Real Madrid for how Sergio Ramos left the club, only for Barca to do the same here.

eaman

They are one of the best squads in the world easily top 2 or 3, I only see Bayern or City with them in the top 3.

They reached the CL final a year ago, they are getting close.

It's up to the coach now.

They reached the final in a strange year with one legged games. Barely beat atalanta and only leipzig in the semis. They are nowhere most years like last when city barely got out of second gear to beat them. They will be better with Messi but I think even united are stronger all round now. As for best squads not really. They have kean hererra chipamoting and guaye as backup now so that says it all. Actually maybe guaye is a first teamer so you know

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't know when it will happen, or when it can happen, but he deserves a proper goodbye in front of a packed Camp Nou. Even if it is playing for another team. Just something, even if it's not much.

Worst thing about all this was the way it ended. Shameful.

After years of culers trashing Real Madrid for the way Casillas left the club and how people were trashing Real Madrid for how Sergio Ramos left the club, only for Barca to do the same here.

I'd argue that we did slightly better than Casillas and Ramos vis-a-vis Real Madrid since we had the presser for him with the club and team honoring him with the trophies and applauding him etc. Casillas and Ramos got nothing, Casillas had to arrange his own press conference with nobody from Real Madrid present if I remembered correctly.

Agreed that it is a shame he left in the fashion he did, without a proper sent-off. It is hard to schedule a game now since he is under contract with PSG. The only thing I can imagine would be if we draw PSG in the CL, or have a pre-season friendly with them at Camp Nou (Gamper or not), before the game we can arrange something for him.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Casillias was kicked out like a dog iirc. In our case we genuinely wanted Messi to stay but we're too broke keep him.

jairzinho

Agreed that it is a shame he left in the fashion he did, without a proper sent-off. It is hard to schedule a game now since he is under contract with PSG. The only thing I can imagine would be if we draw PSG in the CL, or have a pre-season friendly with them at Camp Nou (Gamper or not), before the game we can arrange something for him.

After he retires we could give him a lifetime contract like we did with Iniesta, make him a global ambassador and do a statue unveiling or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans