Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul24rage

One thing's for sure, anyone who thinks Messi has brought a lot of money to the club since the start of 2020 when the pandemic hit is delusional to the extreme. We've paid him (with some still due for payment) nearly 180m in this period while our revenue was shite.

Maybe Messi does generate over 100m making his salary not a big deal in normal (if not ideal) conditions. But his humongous salary kept going while the club's revenue was taking hit after hit.

That was the whole big deal of covid impact. Revenue is highly dependant on many factors, most crushed by the covid situation. Expenditure is more or less fixed. Wages and taxes, bank loan returns keep going.

All the Barca players took a 70% pay cut when COVID first hit. But not sure when the 70% pay cut stopped though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
All the Barca players took a 70% pay cut when COVID first hit. But not sure when the 70% pay cut stopped though.

I think the 70% pay cut was based on the allocated wages from the last three months of the 19/20 season (between April and June 2020) when we started playing behind closed doors. It only saved the club around 18m, according to Bartomeu, I believe.

FC433

^
[MENTION=22502]soul24rage[/MENTION]
never took an actual cut as far as I know. I think Barca's squad is one of the few if any squads where they delayed their salaries instead of cutting altogether. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Devils

E8mfO17XsAcxql3

Crazy!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
^
[MENTION=22502]soul24rage[/MENTION]
never took an actual cut as far as I know. I think Barca's squad is one of the few if any squads where they delayed their salaries instead of cutting altogether. Please correct me if I am wrong.

They did have an actual cut, which didn't save much money (18m), however they also agreed to defer their wages, which cut immediate wage expenses at the time by 138m, if I remember correctly. That 138m is probably haunting us now.

Messigician

Tebas (La Liga president): "The clubs who have not signed the CVC agreement will not have access to this money. Bar?a were supposed to receive around ?200 million. The other clubs will enjoy that money now.

Savage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans