Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

A lot of fickle people here and all over the other forums. This Argentina team is better than 2014. Argentina wasn't even good in that World Cup, but Messi had to carry them for most of that tournament. You don't go 36 games unbeaten.... beating Brazil twice and beating Italy if your team is much worse than the one in 2014.

I just feel that Argentina on another day would have destroyed that highline with better-timed runs.... and they scored 3 or 4 this game. On another day, that shot doesn't go through Romero's legs, and that last goal doesn't deflect near the top corner, which Martinez would normally save.

Yeah, Argentina should be doing better and beating Saudi, but Saudi had everything going for them today. Another day, they don't get that luck.

If Argentina comfortably beat Mexico and Poland, you best make sure that they'll go back into hiding.

Higuain carried 2014

Rory

The whole Argentina aren't as good as people think thing is just from people who want to feel clever. From top to bottom the squad has good or very good players. They've got great chemistry between each other. Have a winning mentality, and determination to fight for every ball. Obviously that wasn't the case today but every game for the last couple of years before this one was exactly as I've said.

xxxxxx

Better squad than 2014? No way man, it's not even close.

Their attack was probably better back in 2014, but only because Messi and Di Maria were much younger. Aguero was decent for Argentina.... but never amazing, except for one year. Lavezzi was average. Higuain also never performed for Argentina. Martinez is better than Romero in goal. Their defense and midfield are better overall, and it's structured better.

I get that this is a horrible result for Argentina, but people wouldn't be questioning if it's a better squad if they had beaten Saudi. But since they've lost, it's suddenly the worst squad they've had in some time.... even though they just won the Copa America.

Barcilliant

People not giving Saudi Arabia enough credit. Two excellent finishes and defending and intensity was in another level.
This is what happens when you have a coach who actually knows how to actually you know coach. Unlike that bum Xavi Renard can take an average team and make them look much better.

People not giving Saudi Arabia enough credit. Two excellent finishes and defending and intensity was in another level.
This is what happens when you have a coach who actually knows how to actually you know coach. Unlike that bum Xavi Renard can take an average team and make them look much better.

They fought like there is no tomorrow but also so lucky ?. The first half argentina couldn?t beat the offside by a simple pass !!! Messi played horrible & de maria too not to mention their full backs 🤡🤡

Anyway argentina got their shot in 2002 2006 2014 but blew it & this time i do believe there is gonna be an early exit

hardyboy

I don't feel as bad or as devasted as i used to feel when Argentina used to lose when he was in Barca. Does anyone share the same feeling?

xxxxxx

They fought like there is no tomorrow but also so lucky ?. The first half argentina couldn?t beat the offside by a simple pass !!! Messi played horrible & de maria too not to mention their full backs ����

Anyway argentina got their shot in 2002 2006 2014 but blew it & this time i do believe there is gonna be an early exit

To be honest, back in 2010.... Spain lost their first match and everyone thought they were out after that loss. These games happen from time to time. Also, Spain just about won in their last group game.... and if they wouldn't have won that and Switzerland won like they were supposed to, Spain could have had an early exit. They went on to win the World Cup. You need luck to win these tournaments, and Argentina didn't get it today.

People are writing off Argentina as they're out already.... but I fully expect them to be much better against Mexico and Poland. Having the World Cup in November is a stupid idea, and most of the squads have only had about 5 to 6 days together in the training camps (and they've only had 1 friendly). Teams normally have 3 weeks of training together before the World Cup starts.

Windhook

Others need to step up their game. Argentina will not progress from this group if they keep relying solely on veterans Messi and Di Maria.

Dark days ahead for Argentine football once Messi retires from NT football.

soul24rage

Big congrats to Saudi Arabia, Renard tactically outclassed Scaloni.

Build up play was terrible, needed to get the subs a lot earlier and some of the starters don't look fully fit at all (understandable since they hadn't played that much). As long as both the players and Scaloni use this experience in a positive way, then the team will be solid.

soul24rage

Will The GOAT , the 7 times France Magazine D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 8 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player , IFFHS player of the decade , MVP in World Cup/Copa America/Finalissima/U20WC/Olympics , and Laureus award win against the mighty Saudi Arabia with his amazing leadership and sharpness?

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

[MENTION=22502]soul24rage[/MENTION]

[MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION]

You may have won the battle, but not the war yet :messi:

feggydinho

He needs to be more aggressive and play like it's his last WC

That's not just in his system anymore, its unfortunate but the reality.

I used to want him to show aggressiveness and be everywhere when losing (like Neymar does), but it just doesn't happen anymore and makes you feel like he could've done more but it's what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans