Lliga: (El Clasico) FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-1

Leo_Messi

Thank you! :cheers:

You are welcome.

Busquets should start if he is ready. He is much more suited as a DM than Masehrano for the team. There is no comparison in my eyes.

Mascherano should partner Piqué in the defense. I don't trust Mathieu or Bartra in such high profile games.

Lucho just said that Busquets might be an option on Sunday. I take that as him being ready but not 100% ready. So a gamble in other words. A difficult situation. Carlo will no doubt put emphasis on pressuring Mascherano whenever he has the ball. It could turn really ugly.

sabby

The official site takes local time in the countdown :lol: So wherever you are, you can see the match your local time 9pm tomorrow :D

raskolnikov

Im really happy with our attack, strongest in the world, 3 world class players who can all decide the game and keep opponents busy.

Remember only a few years ago when we lost the decisive match in la liga 1-2, we had an attack consisting of Tello and Messi, Pep went kind of crazy experimenting with the 3-4/5-3/2.
Back then it was Messi scoring and being heavily marked since they wouldnt do it to Pedro,Alexis,Tello or Cuenca (with Villa injured) since they were not dangerous at all.
Nowadays our attack is way stronger and less messidependencia than before. Which makes me more confident about tomorrow's game.

F

Flavia

Important but not decisive says Luis Enrique

Jordi Clos
03/21/2015 14:15

The FC Barcelona manager refused to accept his side are favourites against Real Madrid, but admits that home advantage is a huge bonus

pic_2015-03-21_ENTRENO_03.v1426946862.JPG

In front of a packed pressroom on Saturday, Luis Enrique discussed his team’s prospects in the Clásico against Real Madrid. “It’s an important game but not a decisive one” he said. “There are still ten very difficult games ahead of us … But games with Madrid are certainly different to any others. They are our eternal rivals and the closest team to us in the table. If we win, it also means they get no points, and there’s also our head-to-head goal difference to bear in mind. There’s a lot to look forward to.”
The following are some of the most relevant comments made by the Barça manager in today’s press conference:

On potential favourites

“There are no clear favourites in games like these. These are two top quality teams with a lot at stake. But we do have home advantage and playing in front of our own fans always gives us that extra boost”.
“We won’t fall into the trap of thinking it will be easy. We know the defence will be under serious pressure at times and we hope the fans can focus their excitement on helping us when things like that happen”.

On a golden opportunity

“This is a nice chance to put some space between us. We’ll need to play our best, and be solid both in defence and attack. And supported by the Camp Nou”.

On a unique occasion

“These are special games. They’re attractive. They’re stimulating. The fans always look forward to this fixture and I hope we can bring them some joy by playing good football”.
“It’s not quite as intense as a manager. You have to control what’s happening on the pitch. It’s more about keeping your cool and making decisions at the right time”.

On the game he wants

“We’ll try to carry on doing what we have done up to now, which is create more chances than the opposition, control the pace of the game, have players in the right place at the right time, control our emotions and push each other in the right direction”.
“We like to control the ball and, as much as possible, do so in the opposition’s half. And we like to move the ball around the field as a unit and finish off our moves”.

On what he expects from Madrid

“I expect a similar Madrid to the first game. Well positioned in their half, ready to get the ball forward and with infinite resources to draw upon. They can dominate in loads of areas of the game”.

Busquets' fitness
The biggest question being asked around the pressroom was whether or not Sergio Busquets features in Luis Enrique’s plans for Sunday night. “He has been training with the squad for the last three days” said the first team coach. “But not at one hundred per cent. He is not in perfect condition, but he’ll get there.”

DinhoR10

I think you are either overestimating Neymar, considering his poor form, or underrating Carvajal. Could Neymar give Carvajal a hard time? Sure, but its not a given he will do whatever he wants on Sunday, like you seem to believe.

Will Caravajal be able to stop him a couple of times? Sure Neymar isn't Messi but Neymar has never had a hard time with Carvajal, assuming he's on form of course. When he's on form he never has a hard time unless double teamed. So the question becomes which of the front three will be left with 1 marker? Leave Neymar he'll get past Carvajal, leave Suarez, Iniesta and Rakitic will roll balls through to him, and Messi you already need atleast 2 players on him so thats a different matter entirely. If you guys sacrifice midfield players to mark Messi and Neymar our midfield will have a field day.

Home of Barca Fans