Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 3-1

Schumi

I think it is completely sane to be worried. First encounter with a decent offense this season we conceded three goals and Madrid are very much above decent at the moment. Definitely hoping for a Busi - Xavi - Iniesta midfield.

All three of the goals we conceded against PSG were easily preventable. We also scored two cracking goals and could have had even more.

Plus we will have :suarez1: this time round.

Schumi

They haven't been up against top opposition either, apart from Atletico. We all knew how that went. As long as we exploit their lack of a proper DM in midfield, we should be fine.

This is absolutely correct. Even more so, they tend to lose the ball far more easily and with far less pressure than we do. Just re-watch last night's game, or their game against Villarreal. Sure they have some awesome moments, but so do we! People who are scared of them because they strolled over Liverpool must have not watched the game properly. Liverpool were completely inept in all areas of the pitch for most of the time. RM gave the ball away far too cheaply at times but they were utterly hopeless in exploiting that.

Neymessi

All three of the goals we conceded against PSG were easily preventable. We also scored two cracking goals and could have had even more.

Plus we will have :suarez1: this time round.

PSG did not have ibra and TS and some other key player likewise.

I don't think anyone is being pessimist,its just that I would be more than happy with a draw.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca lost again PSG. PSG > Barca

Real Madrid is apparently the best team in the world, La Real beat them. So that means that Real Sociedad = Best tema in the world :eusa_think:

dakt

We need a 'Humble Pie' thread to put all these pessimists in place.

After seeing them play lately...pessimism sound like a good option. We couldn't defeat broken PSG...RM is a whole different beast.
Ronaldo will most likely try to crown his current form with goal against us. They have top class midfield to support him. They have great run so far.

dakt

Real Madrid is apparently the best team in the world, La Real beat them. So that means that Real Sociedad = Best tema in the world :eusa_think:

Bad start. Same as the last season...doesn't mean much. At the start of the season we were all thinking RM is falling apart and Ronaldo is on the getaway to MU. We were wrong. Things have changed.

Schumi

After seeing them play lately...pessimism sound like a good option. We couldn't defeat broken PSG...RM is a whole different beast.
Ronaldo will most likely try to crown his current form with goal against us. They have top class midfield to support him. They have great run so far.

Can you list the opponents they have defeated recently? Could you also list how many penalties they have been given? (Several of them for their opening goals)

Schumi

PSG did not have ibra and TS and some other key player likewise.

I don't think anyone is being pessimist,its just that I would be more than happy with a draw.

The fact that they did not have Ibra helped them a lot in our encounter. They utilized other far more pacy players to pressure us and launch counters, which is the best way to harm Barca. Ibra embodies the exact opposite of pace and pressing.

As for T. Silva, well Luiz scored and Marquinos came up with an absolutely heroic stop on Alba to prevent a certain 3rd goal for us. Don't worry too much about PSG, we'll take care of them in December!

Any chance they start Khedira?

Not one in a million.

dakt

Can you list the opponents they have defeated recently? Could you also list how many penalties they have been given? (Several of them for their opening goals)

Comparing to us, they had stronger opponents and scored more goals. BUT, forget the stats....they LOOK better on the field lately.

DonAK

Cristiano got a free role. He can stay out on the left, drift in the middle, move to the other flank. Whatever he wants. He'll exploit the weak link.

Neymessi

Good argument,except that I said nothing of the sort you are thinking.

Schumi

Comparing to us, they had stronger opponents and scored more goals. BUT, forget the stats....they LOOK better on the field lately.

Like Ludogorets?

RM always look better than us against the minor teams because they are given lots of space, which is very unlike what we are facing all the time. And even if they do look better than us, the game on Saturday is a completely different one altogether. Remember that they were looking better than us before the late 2010 Clasico...

Last edited:

DonAK

You mean just like last season where we in the end won 4-3 at the Bernabeu... Only difference is that we also are better this season. Not telling anyone to be overly optimistic and think that we would destroy them, but I find this negative attitude whenever we play a big game for a bit nauseating. I'm not speaking about you or anyone specific though. It just seem to be the overall mood over here all the time.

We have never been good away in the CL to be fair.

Bad start. Same as the last season...doesn't mean much. At the start of the season we were all thinking RM is falling apart and Ronaldo is on the getaway to MU. We were wrong. Things have changed.

It was kind of expected though. To think Real Madrid would fall apart would be incredibly naive. They have been in stellar goalscoring form, but that's an issue because people often ignore their flaws. Against better teams, RM would not get to score those 3-4-5 goals easily. They will have to struggle for it.

It's not like they are without flaws. Look at the Villarreal game for example. They got completely dominated and team unbalanced in the middle and their defenders all over the place because of that. That's something better teams will exploit.

Good argument,except that I said nothing of the sort you are thinking.

Neither did I say that you said that, if it makes sense.

Just a little joke about how losing and winning one game can suddenly make you the best and how quickly people are willing to stamp a team as unbeatable to shit in a matter of one game.

Home of Barca Fans