Luis Enrique

Gaudi

Our system is broken. Why? That's everyone guess, maybe only players know.
But nobody can seriously belive all our players just declined like they have some "off" switch.
Suarez doesn't look like a shadow of himself, yet Alexis and Cesc look great since they left. If Suarez had to played 1 vs 4 in Liverpool he would have looked the same as he does today.
Even our midfield individualy is not to blame. Put Messi-Ney-Suarez in Sevilla they woukld became contenders for the title without any problems and Rakitic was in their midfield. Yes, we could have used someone like Kroos or Thiago pre injuries, but still I repeat, put those 3 in Stoke and Stoke becomes contender. Yet we have Busi, Anders, Xavi, Raktic and so on...al top midfielders. even Xavi can play with class no matter the age. And with Don, people here are talking like he is 54 not 30!!!! 30! He is in his prime.
Yet they all look like shadows of them self.
Someone posted a video against Villareal, if i remember, from 2011 I believe...well Pedro was also slipping, loosing the dribble and so on, but nobody cared, as we looked unstoppable. Now all our players flaws come to light, but that has to be the system. Maybe training, maybe dressing room problems, I don't know but there is NOW WAY all our players simply declined just for fun, yet as soon as they live us they find their mojo again.

BBZ8800

And that is why i think we need a big overhaul of the team, including the old players that won us alot of trophies. When even Pep cant motivate them anymore, it will only get worse.
And recent years has shown this to be true. Pique, Alves, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro and even Messi somewhat are not the players the were 3-4 years ago.

And then I don't understand why some people don't want an overhaul.

The worst thing with all these players is that they will get worse and worse each Month and each Season (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Pique etc).
If we will be lucky, they will stay on the current level.

So, basically:
1. in the best case scenario, the current Messi and Iniesta is what we will see in the next few years.
2. more realistic scenario is that they will get worse and worse in each Season, even compared with the current level.

3. The scenario where Messi and Iniesta will again play like 5 years ago=doesn't exist.
Watching them playing as good as then is possible only on Youtube.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We do need an overhaul. Of Pep's old team only Messi, Iniesta, Busquets, Mascherano, and maybe Pique are worth keeping around.

F

Flavia

And then I don't understand why some people don't want an overhaul.

The worst thing with all these players is that they will get worse and worse each Month and each Season (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Pique etc).
If we will be lucky, they will stay on the current level.

So, basically:
1. in the best case scenario, the current Messi and Iniesta is what we will see in the next few years.
2. more realistic scenario is that they will get worse and worse in each Season, even compared with the current level.

3. The scenario where Messi and Iniesta will again play like 5 years ago=doesn't exist.
Watching them playing as good as then is possible only on Youtube.

An overhaul wouldn't be needed, if the board did his job and got the right players in each of the past 4 summers. So many good players passed on.
Right now we can't do that, with the ban. By 2016, this will have to happen, anyway. Messi is only 27. I'd wait before saying he'll only decline. I don't think he'll ever be 2012 Messi again, but he still better than most.

mssarm

Messi is a human being, he cannot play at the same level all the time. This is not my statement from me , this is from professionals who spent their life in sport. He is no longer the best player of the team, he is one of the best, but the team is built around him. This is going to be the problem regardless the coach. We see it almost every game: teams learned how to stop Messi. It pains me to see that even young defenders can stop him from dribbling in, or how other Barca players have run back to recover the balls that Messi lost and he simply waits until his teammates recover the ball for him. Of course sometimes he is flashing his old magic, but we see that less and less. Maybe this is temporary and he will come back, but also very possible this is going to be permanent. if by some magic we convince Pep to come back to train Barca he would ask to sell Messi. Bayern doean't have Messi or CR7 type of players, nevertheless they are great team

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Messi has saved Lucho with individual performances. Very strange he chose him to have a conflict with him but then again it just became more publicized as Lucho has went at it with both Pique and Montoya too. The constant benching of Bartra, when he saved his ass against PSG is troubling too.

F

Flavia

Messi has saved Lucho with individual performances. Very strange he chose him to have a conflict with him but then again it just became more publicized as Lucho has went at it with both Pique and Montoya too. The constant benching of Bartra, when he saved his ass against PSG is troubling too.

Mathieu too, after Jeremy said he was surprised to play LB vs rm. LE scolded him in the press. And coincidence or not, since then he dipped hard in form.

Ursegor

World Champion
Meh, let's sack him and bring Tata back so he can play 4 midfielders and Neymar on the right flank and fail to win against these lot 6 times in a row.

Best big game performance by Barca since the Pep days against an opponent of this caliber.

F

Flavia

Meh, let's sack him and bring Tata back so he can play 4 midfielders and Neymar on the right flank and fail to win against these lot 6 times in a row.

Best big game performance by Barca since the Pep days against an opponent of this caliber.

Weren't you saying these players would never play well, as a team? No matter the coach, they were all crap, and we'd have to live with that until 2016? Where's that speech? :pep:

There's still the 2nd half, but if LE can keep up the team playing as this first half, he can stay. He seems to be learning from his mistakes, which is positive. The best they have played in a long time.

Home of Barca Fans