Luis Enrique

Ursegor

World Champion
Weren't you saying these players would never play well, as a team? No matter the coach, they were all crap, and we'd have to live with that until 2016? Where's that speech? :pep:

There's still the 2nd half, but if LE can keep up the team playing as this first half, he can stay. He seems to be learning from his mistakes, which is positive. The best they have played in a long time.

I was just anti-jinxing. :coffee:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I remember when we played well against Sevilla and continued that form against APOEL , then completely dropped everything against Valencia. Thats when I gave up on him. Great first half though , hope the team keeps it up. And most importantly keep building on this in the next games.

DinhoR10

Fuck it all if we can play like this in the CL, i'd take 5-0 defeats in the league, Messi/Iniesta/Xavi deserve another CL after that 2012 BS.

BBZ8800

This was move away from Pep's possession football (but especially from possession without any risking in the last 2-3 Seasons) and moving closer to a football more similar to Van Gaal's or Rijkaard's Barca (Possession with a lot of fast counterattacks, whenever possible, even if that means losing that possession.)

If Lucho can keep up the attacking style from the first half and if he won't make 6 rotations in the next round, maybe he can do something with the team.

Last edited:

Fibonacci

This was move away from Pep's possession football (but especially from possession without any risking in the last 2-3 Seasons) and football more similar to Van Gaal's or Rijkaard's Barca.

Very good point. With ageing Xavi, we cannot recreate Pep's era. We have to change. If today was anything like what the future is going to be like, we're in for a treat.

BBZ8800

Very good point. With ageing Xavi, we cannot recreate Pep's era. We have to change. If today was anything like what the future is going to be like, we're in for a treat.

Also, for fans on our forum who were fans of Barca only during Pep's era and during Pep's shadows Tito and Tata, those fans can also see that Barca can be extremely spectacular and lethal even though we played differently than in Pep's (and post-Pep)-pure-possession era.

This was still a possession Barca, but different.
Keeping the ball was not the most important thing tonight.

Tonight we created more counterattacks in the first half than probably in the last 3 years with Xavi-Iniesta-Busi trio with Xavi's turns and safe passes.

Home of Barca Fans