Luis Enrique

Antimadridista1

Answering "Yes, I find my starting eleven" is really bad because it makes us predictable.
But we all know what is our starting eleven at the moment.

BBZ8800

An old friend of mine who fell in love with Barça around Ronaldinho-days said the magic words tonight... Barça are no longer a pale reflection of something old. They are producing beautiful combinations, individual efforts and convincing wins. This is the Barça I was longing for and so happy it found its way back... Hopefully Lucho & co can keep this up.

Yes. In the last few matches we are moving away from trying to replicate Pep's Barca.

That system doesn't work anymore.

For the first time in a long period, we look like we have more than one-two options in attack.
For the last few years, it was all about possession, passing left and right (usually on the ground) all the time.

In the last 2-3 weeks, we play much faster, Messi is on a RW, Rakitic is playing way riskier than Xavi and he tries a lot of deadly (aerial) through balls instead of just passing the ball to safety.

Imagine if more players will try to attempt risky through balls or faster counterattacks, unlike in Pep's era.
We are finally moving away from: "Keep the possession no matter what" crap.

Even if Lucho fails in the end (now I hope he won't, because he is showing huge improvements), we should thank him for moving away from that sterile-possession crap.

Again, imo, in the last 3 weeks, we are playing more like Rijkaard's Barca than like Pep's Barca.
It seems that Pep style doesn't work anymore here, so let's go and play with some other attacking system.

frog-fcb

Yes. In the last few matches we are moving away from trying to replicate Pep's Barca.

For the first time in a long period, we look like we have more than one-two options in attack.
For the last few years, it was all about possession, passing left and right (usually on the ground) all the time.

In the last 2-3 weeks, we play much faster, Messi is on a RW, Rakitic is playing way riskier than Xavi and he tries a lot of deadly (aerial) through balls instead of just passing the ball to safety.

Imagine if more players will try to attempt risky through balls or faster counterattacks, unlike in Pep's era.

Even if Lucho fails in the end (now I hope he won't, because he is showing huge improvements), we should thank him for moving away from that sterile-possession crap.

Again, imo, in the last 3 weeks, we are playing more like Rijkaard's Barca than like Pep's Barca.
It seems that Pep style doesn't work anymore here, so let's go and play with some other attacking system.

Didnt tata try and go down that route abit also until.the players rebelled in the second half of the season

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
What I really hate is condescending tone of some of those journalists.

Is it really that condescending? Having his statement written down and then translated means that the original tone and manner in which Enrique said it is not conveyed very well.

Richard.H

Actually the way we are playing now is very similar to Pep's very first season. If you remember, we were taking a lot of risks in attack that season and our counter attacks were deadly. Yes, we still played the tiki-taka a lot, but that season was much less tiki taka than the subsequent Pep seasons.

Darko

Actually the way we are playing now is very similar to Pep's very first season. If you remember, we were taking a lot of risks in attack that season and our counter attacks were deadly. Yes, we still played the tiki-taka a lot, but that season was much less tiki taka than the subsequent Pep seasons.

this
don't get why people constantly mix up Pep's Barca with Tata/Tito/Spain style of plays, under Pep we didn't play possesion just for the sake of it, we ALWAYS created at least a few chances a game and lost games because of poor finishing and/or bad luck

Alarcón

I agree very much. The way we are playing right now reminds me much more of Pep's style than what Tito and Tata did.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It reminds you of Pep's first season because it was the last season Eto'o played at Barca.
And that's really Barca style of Van Gaal and Rijkaard, more than it is of Pep as he was forced to play with Eto'o, sunce the Cameroonian refused to be sold in spite od Pep publicly discarting him along with Deco and Ronaldinho

Icarium

Lifestealer
Copa+Liga is enough for me this year. Winning CL is very tough and we need a lot of luck, and winning league is also very tough now that real can concentrate on the league more.

Home of Barca Fans