Luis Enrique

Icarium

Lifestealer
City haven't had luck in europe. Can't help with a coach like pellegrini. City made it out of a group with bayern and roma in it, if not for yaya toure suspension they would have easily qualified. If not for his international duties they would be up top with chelsea. You have to remember city defeated bayern too.

serghei

Why were PSG unlucky not to make semis?

They couldnt eliminate a Barca missing Messi for the most part and an average Chelsea side that was inferior to Man City.

Are Chelsea better than Barca as had better CL history the past 3 seasons?

They dominated us on Camp Nou. Deserved to win that game. And Chelsea was not inferior to Man City last year. In fact, Chelsea made the semifinal in CL and then gift-wrapped the title for City, after the same Chelsea beat City both times (2-1, 1-0).

JamDav1982

They dominated us on Camp Nou. Deserved to win that game. And Chelsea was not inferior to Man City last year. In fact, Chelsea made the semifinal in CL and then gift-wrapped the title for City, after the same Chelsea beat City both times (2-1, 1-0).

City won the league... Chelsea were inferior last season.

PSG ominated and didnt win... thats not unlucky thats not taking your chances. No luck to blame there just were not good enough.

They were very lucky Messi got injured and they were very lucky referee gave them a goal in first leg that never should have stood.

City getting beat twice by Chelsea mean nothing... Malaga have beat and drawn with Barca/

For someone who says 'its all about the trophies' you dont have come out with excuses for the teams you like that fail.

City won two trophies last season Chelsea won fuck all.

F

Flavia

I think I already know who I'll vote for "Members You Could See as a Couple in Real Life", in this years award :pep:

serghei

For someone who says 'its all about the trophies' you dont have come out with excuses for the teams you like that fail.

City won two trophies last season Chelsea won fuck all.

JamDav, you're taking things out of context again. I said it is all about thropies when you cuantum the success of a season. There is a big difference between having a better season and being a better team.

khaled_a_d

Luis Enrique: "I would have signed for this result before. We can be proud of this result. The first half was amazing.
Luis Enrique: "We did what we wanted, which was winning the game. And we deserved it
Luis Enrique: "Alves subbed off? He got hit by Clichy, and we decided to sub off the players who had been booked.

F

Flavia

Really weird subs, Rakitic and Alves off? Don't know what he was thinking but a great win nonetheless.

Luis Enrique: "Alves subbed off? He got hit by Clichy, and we decided to sub off the players who had been booked."

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Good win. Not a perfect game, we did let them back into it during the 2nd half. Although, we can't really expect a lot of 'perfect' in a competition as challenging and hard to control as the CL in an era like this where we aren't the clear 'dominant force' in football. There'll be a lot of grinding out victories and having to fight for them. For CL standards, this was a very clean 1st leg away win against the most difficult r16 opponent available. I'm happy with what we did today.

Hopefully the Camp Nou tie will be more comfortable than this one was (even with a 2-0 lead, City's set pieces and counters made me a little uneasy). If we build a win streak until then and give a confident performance in the return leg, we'll set ourselves up for a chance at a great CL run. Hopefully we are more fortunate with the draws as well.

Home of Barca Fans