Luis Enrique

blaugrana1987

Why does L.E bench Rakitic so often like this ? I don't get it ..
Maybe because Rakitic works his ass of in defense. I think he has done 9.8km in game against Man City where he was substituted in 60-something minute. He works very hard in defense and he probably needs a rest.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I don't get this "rest" complaints either, he was rested a lot, and isn't the footballers athletes ? I mean 90min every 5 days on average is not the everest to climb, it feels to me like just a new thing people have found to complain or make comment-strategy blabla

DinhoR10

Cause Raktic a couple months ago played a game and looked dead tired and couldn't run, can't remember which game but ever since then Lucho always rests him whenever he can. He does thing like today, bring him on to end the game so he doesn't lose his sharpness but at the same time does't build up fatigue. We need him at 100% for the classico.

Vlom

Rakitic is amongst the most rested players of the Gala 11, that's what worries me, if it's a "tactical" decision from Lucho ...

skitch.png

Last edited:

Alik

Rakitic needs to be well managed. If he gets injured we can probably kiss our title aspirations good bye.

vlad

I don't get this "rest" complaints either, he was rested a lot, and isn't the footballers athletes ? I mean 90min every 5 days on average is not the everest to climb, it feels to me like just a new thing people have found to complain or make comment-strategy blabla
that "resting" thing became obsession among barca fans since pep big rotations, it´s kinda boring to read everytime comments like "oh no he is playing again, he need rest!"

Vlom

Was Messi rested a lot when he was 23 ? I don't think so, so why should Neymar ? This is pissing me off that it's now an excuse for every bad performance .. ffs, they're paid $xxx,xxx/week, can't they run for 90min? And i've watched plenty of training videos, it's really no hard work, silly tiki taka and laughs all day

Alik

that "resting" thing became obsession among barca fans since pep big rotations, it´s kinda boring to read everytime comments like "oh no he is playing again, he need rest!"

Yeah, Tito/Tata playing the same lineup for the whole season has nothing do with our views :rolleyes:

And currently watching Ancelotti do the same at Real is just imagination.

Rotation should be well managed when we want to compete in all competitions. Fitness plays a large part too.

Lucho went overboard at the beginning of the season, but I think he's doing very well now with the exception of his handling of Neymar and perhaps Messi.

Vlom

There's very little chance he'll rest Messi this season, for a couple reasons :

- he plays a big role helping in the middfield
- he probably wants to be pichichi in la liga
- he probably wants to be pichichi and reclaim the record of goals in the champions

I really don't see him benching Messi anymore, especially since the Anoeta disaster.

Androutsos

Was Messi rested a lot when he was 23 ? I don't think so, so why should Neymar ? This is pissing me off that it's now an excuse for every bad performance .. ffs, they're paid $xxx,xxx/week, can't they run for 90min? And i've watched plenty of training videos, it's really no hard work, silly tiki taka and laughs all day

They only show the warm ups in those training videos...

skn02

Rakitic is amongst the most rested players of the Gala 11, that's what worries me, if it's a "tactical" decision from Lucho ...

skitch.png

DO you realize how often athletes losing form due to hamstring injury or something like due to playing too much and not enough rest. Lucho is right ot be cautious with him, he works his ass off everytime out. Rakitic is not messi who have the privilege to walk most of the game.

Home of Barca Fans