Luis Enrique

mssarm

Where you confident with Pep when he blew it against the inferior Inter in 2010, or the doubly inferior Chelsea in 2012?

While I am not saying it was all Pep's fault (far from it) I am 100% certain that if we lose in the semis or the final against the far superior (to that Inter and that Chelsea) Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, all the Lucho-detractors will blame him immediately.
Because of his smug face!!!! Who needs ugly looking Barca manager!! I guess Perez wasn't wrong when he passed on Ronaldinho because he was too ugly to play for RM.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Where you confident with Pep when he blew it against the inferior Inter in 2010, or the doubly inferior Chelsea in 2012?

While I am not saying it was all Pep's fault (far from it) I am 100% certain that if we lose in the semis or the final against the far superior (to that Inter and that Chelsea) Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, all the Lucho-detractors will blame him immediately.

Somehow yes I was more confident and those slips were kind of a shock to tell the truth.

EDIT : And no I won't blame him unless he comes up with some weird iniesta/rafi combo, or double pivot like this week end, or takes off neymar with us needing a goal, etc etc .. so except for a blatant tactical mistake, I won't hold anything against him, and I'll repeat myself, no matter what happens, i'm in favour of him staying for next season :)

Last edited:

Vlom

Because of his smug face!!!! Who needs ugly looking Barca manager!! I guess Perez wasn't wrong when he passed on Ronaldinho because he was too ugly to play for RM.

Smug face has nothing to do with ugly face.

Vlom

You are right I'll give you that, but at the end it still has something to do with face and not the skills

Yes that argument is entirely personal and just a feeling I get from his persona, nothing else.

mssarm

Yes that argument is entirely personal and just a feeling I get from his persona, nothing else.

It will stop being Barca fan the day I see we are selecting our players and coaches based on their cuteness. I'm fan of sport club based on sporting reasons and not on appearance or facial expressions.

Vlom

It will stop being Barca fan the day I see we are selecting our players and coaches based on their cuteness. I'm fan of sport club based on sporting reasons and not on appearance or facial expressions.

Again, you misunterpret what i'm saying on purpose, let's just put this to rest.

Go Lucho :)

mssarm

Can't figure out which one worse:someone calling to sack Lucho because he doesn't like the way his eyebrows are done or the one who calls Mourinho best coach in the world.

Vlom

Can't figure out which one worse:someone calling to sack Lucho because he doesn't like the way his eyebrows are done or the one who calls Mourinho best coach in the world.

FFS, I'll repeat it again : I'm 100% for Lucho to stay next season no matter what, even if I don't like him.

raskolnikov

Lucho just need to stop making stupid mistakes, he has blowm the league several times already. Its the players individual brilliance that saved us several times, recently against Celta and Valencia.
If we win la liga it will be despite of him rather than due to him.
However he has also showed he can be a good manager, just need to stop experimenting in big games and it will all be fine.

Also if he really doesnt talk with the players thats very bad. No way can you keep control over the dressingroom like that.

I

instinct

he has blowm the league several times already.

We're top of the table. No team can win every game and you should know that by now.

Its the players individual brilliance that saved us several times

We have Messi, Suarez and Neymar as our front trio. Of course they'll save us with individual brilliance. What about Pique? Rakitic? Xavi? Busquets? Bravo? Masche? Don't they play an important role in our success as well? If yes, can we really speak about individual brilliance anymore?
I don't even understand how you can distinguish between individual brilliance and team effort. Where does team effort stop and where does individual brilliance begin? An answer would be greatly appreciated.

If we win la liga it will be despite of him rather than due to him.

Lucho

- resurrected Pique
- the team has a great fitness level
- he rotated throughout the season. We're one of the few top clubs which doesn't struggle with injuries which is crucial in the final games of the season
- switched Messi to the right where he was on a phenomenal level at the start of 2015 (and he still is tbh)
- made us more unpredictable which proved to be very effective especially against Atletico
- our defense is probably the strongest in many years

If we win the Liga, it'll because of the team AND Lucho (+ staff). Your claim is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry.

Gnidrologist

Best manager in the world my ass...

When will this cologne wear off? So many people still stuck in 2010 media hype BS...
Cule butthurt detected. If he is not, than who is? Pep lol? I don't know what criteria anyone uses here, but he's certainly most consistently successful coach of the last 10 years, smug mug or not. For the record, i dislike him as much as the next person here, but facts are facts.
So yeah, Enrique can be smug as he like if he does the job well.

StarLord

Cule butthurt detected. If he is not, than who is? Pep lol? I don't know what criteria anyone uses here, but he's certainly most consistently successful coach of the last 10 years, smug mug or not. For the record, i dislike him as much as the next person here, but facts are facts.
So yeah, Enrique can be smug as he like if he does the job well.

Like I said in many of my posts already (and have been saying for years) the role of managers is grossly overstated in today's football.

But, for the sake of argument, let's play this stupid game.

I know very well already what you are going to say in support of Mou. You will say:

a) Has won the CL with Porto.

b) Has won the CL with Inter.

c) Won the EPL in his first try.

d) Defended the EPL in his first try.

e) Has won 8 leagues over not so many years/in not so many years. Including the 3 bigger leagues.

f) Won one league against the mighty Barca of 11/12.

What you will fail to say:

a) His Chelsea was far and away the richest team in England at the time.

b) He failed in his primary purpose when hired by Abrahmovich. Namely, winning the Champions League.

c) He failed in his primary purpose when hired by Real Madrid. Namely, winning the Champions League.

d) He is now failing again in his primary purpose for which he was rehired by Abrahmovich. Namely, winning the Champions League.

e) He has been failing in the tournament that created his reputation in the first place, namely, the Champions League, for many years now, despite the fact that he had some of the most expensively assembled sides ever. All his recent failures, came against poorer clubs. His humiliation by Atletico was the apogee of Mou-failure.

f) Managed to outdo the utter ineptitude of last year's elimination at the hands of Atletico at home, by an even more astonishing display of ineptitude (and negative football) by getting eliminated by 10-man PSG in the round of 16. Despite the fact that he sacrificed the FA Cup, so that his Chelsea had no games to play right before both legs.

g) Systematically produces the most dour football on the planet.

h) Chelsea have done better without him, rather than with him in the CL. Much better, despite having an ageing team without him.

k) Real Madrid immediately triumphed in the Champions League, as soon as Mou got out of the way.

l) Winning leagues is easy, especially with Chelsea/Real/Porto/Inter.

m) "When Mou came to Spain, Real Madrid were 2 points behind us. When he left, they were 15." - Gerard Pique Bernabeu.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans