Luis Enrique

gasgas

I would put Xavi in charge as soon as it's possible .. i trust nothing but Total football .. we 're not doing it now , we are playing direct foot ball like everybody else .. that's not what got us back on track after years of drought ..

You want us to play a predictable brand of football with players who aren't even qualified for it?

Seems !like a good plan :rolleyes:

BBZ8800

I think he should stay as a manager as long as he can motivate the players. Only if he can't do that anymore he needs to go.

I have wrote before that I think that nobody can motivate a core of our starting 11 (Pique, Masch, Busi, Iniesta, Messi, plus to some extent Rakitic, Alba, Neymar etc).
Majority of our starters are emotionally drained after too many years of winning.

So, on one hand, I don't think that anyone can motivate THIS squad anymore, except changes in starting 11 (2-3-4 new young players who haven't won anything, so that we can get a balance of fresh blood and old experienced guys).

On the other hand, not only that no one can motivate the current starting 11, but this is Lucho's 3rd season.
As have been said before, all coaches ran out of ideas and lost the ability to motivate the locker room after some time.

Imo, one day (summer 2017 or summer 2018) when we'll sign a new coach, we will need a new long term project with 2-3-4-5 new starters (like Umtiti, Gomes and some new similar guys in the future).

The current starting 11 is not dead, though, but...
On our day, we can win 7:0 against any team.
But the problem is that these emotionally drained players will play hot and cold more and more often.
There will be no more 10-15 wins in a row, but more like: 7:0, 1:1, 5:0, 1:1, slip after slip more often.
And in a CL, we can easily have problems against good and younger, more motivated teams.

So, sacking Lucho in summer 2017 imo isn't a solution if a new coach will again play with Busi-Iniesta-Raki-MSN.
These guys may be best skills wise (or close to the best), but an actual performance is a sum of skills+physical shape+motivation, and our emotionally drained oldies aren't on top anymore on a physical and motivational level.

That doesn't mean that we should change all players, but some new blood in starting 11 will be needed.

serghei

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], then the course of action is force change by changing managers after short cycles. Because no team has ever won anything without motivation in competitive sports.

To me, I see a drop in motivation the same way it happened with Pep in 2011-12. But I hope this is just a dip, like it was in the past seasons (in which we always had some periods of bad performances), not the new standard. Still early to say wich one is it.

Gaudi

I'm not in a panic mode, because there is no need for one. But Lucho to me looks like Breaking Bad episode were Mike talks about half measures. We netiher play direct football neither rotate front 3 neither play deep defence netiher pressing....something in between. I'm now wondering wasn't it true that Xavi turned the first season around and not Lucho?
Our game plan is not good, is netiher high pressing netiher falling deep, it's just a high defensive line with no real defending from mid or attack, so we get cought often. Our attack is mostly get the ball to MSN and wait for magic.
I said before no need to look for coaches that play simillar, I'm quite sure that Diego Simeone, for example, would love to play attacking football if he had the team, same as Klopp is trying with jis direct football. We need a coach that has authority and knows how to play.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Three years and running and we're still struggling with the same issues. Difference is that if you don't fix it, it will come back to bite you sooner or later, and it definitely is now.

I can't understand what he thinks at times. Arda in midfield? As slow as he is?

Raketa10

I would also say that all of the signings he insisted on (Arda, Mathieu, Aleix) are total disaster in the end.

Home of Barca Fans