Luis Enrique

Raketa10

Maybe Ronald Koeman could be an interesting choice for next year if Lucho continues like this although I would prefer Pochettino over him.

Last edited:

Xtroverto

But, but, but, he's from the house, he knows the club and style!

Now seriously, I'm not saying we should sack him immediately, but I also believe a change would be beneficial... He did his job, a treble and a double are more than enough, but I think the fatigue is starting to show and we shouldn't wait for a disaster to make a decision, the problem is that I don't know of any other manager that would suit us...

There's still a lot of season ahead of us, but I don't see us winning much if things continue like this...

Only complete idiots sack a winning coach, regardless of weather the team play well or not. Case in point, Florentino Perez sacking Del Bosque because he wanted champaign football and got kicked himself after 3 years of fiasco, another example would be Ramón Mendoza who sacked Toshack and started a 5 year title drought despite having arguably the best team in Spain.

If you have a winning manager you stick with him no matter what, the jackass running PSG will regret getting rid of Lauren Blanc, the best manager they have ever had and ever will have.

After sacking Van Gaal we spent 4 years winning shite because the other managers coming after were even worse, had we stuck with Van Gaal he would have turned the ship around and we would not have been a running joke in 2002-2003.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Only complete idiots sack a winning coach, regardless of weather the team play well or not. Case in point, Florentino Perez sacking Del Bosque because he wanted champaign football and got kicked himself after 3 years of fiasco, another example would be Ramón Mendoza who sacked Toshack and started a 5 year title drought despite having arguably the best team in Spain.

If you have a winning manager you stick with him no matter what, the jackass running PSG will regret getting rid of Lauren Blanc, the best manager they have ever had and ever will have.

After sacking Van Gaal we spent 4 years winning shite because the other managers coming after were even worse, had we stuck with Van Gaal he would have turned the ship around and we would not have been a running joke in 2002-2003.

Of course we won't sack him if he continues with winning but if we continue to play like this we won't win any trophy this year and he will be sacked for sure in that case.

Xtroverto

Of course we won't sack him if he continues with winning but if we continue to play like this we won't win any trophy this year and he will be sacked for sure in that case.

Negative, Luis Enrique will not be sacked this season no matter how it goes. If he is not the manager next season it is because he himself declined to extend his contract that end this summer. He would get a contract extension even if the team finished 3rd in the league and were eliminated in both the cup and ChL. The winning successes he has had in his 2 first seasons gives him minimum 2 seasons of no titles before he is sacked, he would most likely leave on his own terms before that though.

Before Tata Martino left, he was offered to stay for 2014-15 season even though he completely fucked up. In contrast to Real Madrid, the handling of managers in our club is a matter of professional evaluation and not run by some hobby expert who thinks he is playing Championship manager.

Last edited:

serghei

I think he should stay as a manager as long as he can motivate the players. Only if he can't do that anymore he needs to go. Tactically, it's not a big problem for me that we don't control games as much as we used to. Xavi is gone, Iniesta is also approaching retirement, we will have to get used to playing more end to end football with less control. But this is problematic because it requires our players to work harder off the ball. The key here is to make the team to continue to work hard off the ball, and that is already starting to look like a difficult task.

We can't part ways with Lucho because he can't win everything. The problems in the team have to be bigger than just not getting results. It's still early in the season, and it's overly dramatic to complain about bigger issues, since we just beat City 4-0 3 days ago and we are now 1st in La Liga as well.

So far, it looks like a standard season with ups and downs. Many teams are in this situation, maybe except Atletico, who look like they are a step above in the motivation department - which is why Simeone is, hands down, the best manager in the world. But then again, Atletico gets tired usually near the end of the season.

Last edited:

Total-Football

I would put Xavi in charge as soon as it's possible .. i trust nothing but Total football .. we 're not doing it now , we are playing direct foot ball like everybody else .. that's not what got us back on track after years of drought ..

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Thank you sir, for bringing a sensible post into these last pages which were beyond :shit:

Sack Lucho..... Call him names, the guy who helped us win a treble the season after the fiasco that 2014 was!

Seems like, slowly, the bunch of people in here are turning into the royal fans!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who talked about sacking Lucho?

It doesn't seem like the guy himself will continue for much longer. A season at most equalling Pep's four here.

I would put Xavi in charge as soon as it's possible .. i trust nothing but Total football .. we 're not doing it now , we are playing direct foot ball like everybody else .. that's not what got us back on track after years of drought ..

No one knows whether Xavi will make a good coach or not. First he has to get his coaching license and take all those required courses and that won't happen while he's still playing.

aaron101

Lol and you think things would change that easily? by just putting Xavi in Lucho's place in an instant? He hasn't even coached a team yet. Do you think you're gonna see total football right away after putting Xavi as manager? This is not a video game. Obviously, we don't have enough players to play Pep's tiki-taka or total football right now.

Barcilliant

This!!

Lucho has plenty of credit in the bank. Luchos problem is over rotating. This combined with injuries has crippled our rhythm and form.

I don't think the league is possible this year but with some luck we may win a copa or Cl. I Tip AM for the league.

Barcilliant

As someone earlier pointed out we can play possession as evidenced by last season. I think Lucho however prefers a more direct, unpredictable approach.

aaron101

As someone earlier pointed out we can play possession as evidenced by last season. I think Lucho however prefers a more direct, unpredictable approach.

Exactly, on Lucho's interview when he arrived at Barca, he made it clear that we won't be playing just possession football or tiki-taka because our play has been so predictable for a few season (with Tito and Tata). He said that he will mix things up to make us unpredictable and that's what happened to our first season and won the treble.

ini4ever

Lucho himself will leave the club if he feels he's got nothing to give anymore and basically running out of ideas whether the club offers him to stay. It's all up to him not like ' you won trophies but we sack you '

Raketa10

First of all nobody said he should be sacked at the moment. That would be crazy! Main problem is that we are playing terrible this year.

Victory against City was a result of their mistakes and individual quality of MSN and not by some tactical ingeniousness of Lucho, that is clear as a day. They didn't deserve to be beaten 4-0.

First two seasons Lucho was doing a great job that is a FACT but this season he is clearly ot of control and that is also a fact.

For me by far the best game we played this season was the game agains Atletico until the moment Messi and Busi had to come off. We were very unlucky in that game and we had total control until that moment. Apart from that, from the begining of the season we are playing terrible.

In first 9 games we have conceded 12 goals!!! 12!!! That is more than Alaves, Malaga, Deportivo etc. and that is our main problem. In Lucho's first season we conceded 21 goals in the ENTIRE SEASON!!! This is happening because we simply have ZERO control of the game! One thing is to play direct football and another is football without control and this is the type of football we are playing right now. This is not how trophies are won, especially CL trophy we are aiming this year as our main goal.

And one more thing, I hugely respect Simeone but we clearly have better team than ATM has so I am still convinced we will win La Liga but we have to consolidate ASAP.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans