Luis Enrique

gasgas

That is just an assumption. Lucho never had a prime or close prime Xavi to work with. He tries to adapt this Barcelona to playing without it's most influential midfielder ever probably. So far he's done a very good job.

You know tata had xavi too and managed to make him look like a boring backpasser who can't defend

serghei

Its not an assumption, you can observe that from the day Enrique started being the Barca coach.

How the players move , where they move, its all not very good in order to control a game.

Most of the goals are scored because of pressing and counter attacks.

Maybe he's a pragmatic coach who knows you can't play the same style of football if you replace Xavi with a more average player. He made the transition from a Xavi-dominated midfield to a different midfield and won a treble and a double in 2 seasons.

It's not true to say we can control games as before, even without Xavi, because our ability of controling games was directly tied to Xavi. People mention Iniesta, but Iniesta doesn't give us control. He is not like Xavi at all.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho is not a great tactician. Not all managers are that. Some try to work out a simple, but effective plan to win, which is what Lucho is a master at. He's been doing that with success until now with MSN being the integral part of his plan.

But in today's game, especially against the bigger sides, you need to come up great tactically in crucial games, moments, and I don't see Lucho capable of doing that a lot.

The players' form is an issue as well so we should do better when that improves, but Lucho got to figure out a new simple, but yet effective plan to play again. Because now other teams have figured out how to counter his plan and it's getting ugly.

Okay, the first goal was a mistake, but the way we lost momentum after that and that Rakitic sub was just criminal.

This is also why he doesn't make many changes or makes some strange subs in games. He tries to replace players with others who fits that plan instead of switching up the tactics to suit the game being played.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I will support Lucho for this season and see how things go once the competitions are wrapped up.

I think November is going to be hell for him though based on the fixtures and how poorly we are playing.

Hope he can get a efficient system going for the second half of the season like he did in 2014/2015.

I sincerely doubt that. If he continues like this he will get fired like Rafa last year, before December.

gatsu

Our back line are the one with more passes and touch we are willingly neglecting the midfield.

Barça need to be vertical, simple lets skip the midfield and play with 3 forwards and 7 garding dogs, this is lucho wAy of thinking.

serghei

Okay, the first goal was a mistake, but the way we lost momentum after that and that Rakitic sub was just criminal.

The first goal was a mistake and the 2nd was a set piece after a poor intervention from Busquets and a sleeping moment from Ter Stegen. We then had to risk more, since Rakitic was giving us absolutely nothing going forward, subbed him, but lost the midfield, and City played better after that.

I really liked how we played in the first half until personal mistakes started to creep in.

It was a game that was full of personal mistakes imo. Digne at first had some, Umtiti cause a pen. at the edge of the box that should've been given, Roberto was really poor and his passing was really bad, Busquets lost balls as well, Arda lost balls as well when he came in.

Lucho's tactics put a lot of pressure on players because they receive the ball on static positions a lot. It is a more static positional game than in the past, and that is why the first touch and the pass have to be better.

Last edited:

Zebulun

Lucho is not a great tactician. Not all managers are that. Some try to work out a simple, but effective plan to win, which is what Lucho is a master at. He's been doing that with success until now with MSN being the integral part of his plan.

But in today's game, especially against the bigger sides, you need to come up great tactically in crucial games, moments, and I don't see Lucho capable of doing that a lot.

The players' form is an issue as well so we should do better when that improves, but Lucho got to figure out a new simple, but yet effective plan to play again. Because now other teams have figured out how to counter his plan and it's getting ugly.

This is also why he doesn't make many changes or makes some strange subs in games. He tries to replace players with others who fits that plan instead of switching up the tactics to suit the game being played.

Agreed with everything you said here. Lucho really frustrates us With his decisions/lack of decisions. how could he take off rakitic, bring in arda (who btw his leg was in a cast a couple days before and couldnt train) no fucks for rafinha and his impressive form and energy. Everyone saw that busquets and roberto was being overrun but he didnt change anything to help them. I know this game wasnt that important but we were lucky that sterling made so many bad decisions else we couldve gotten a manita. watching this game reminded me of when liverpool overran us in the preseason and lucho didnt change fuck.

DonAK

The first goal was a mistake and the 2nd was a set piece after a poor intervention from Busquets and a sleeping moment from Ter Stegen. We then had to risk more, since Rakitic was giving us absolutely nothing going forward, subbed him, but lost the midfield, and City played better after that.

I liked how we played in the first half until personal mistakes started to creep in.

If he wanted to risk it, then he should have brought Denis on for Rakitic. Not Arda who's slow as fuck in an already slow midfield getting bypassed like it's not there. Arda's been at his best more advanced up in the field as well, and ended up playing deeper because of how the game developed when he came in.

serghei

If he wanted to risk it, then he should have brought Denis on for Rakitic. Not Arda who's slow as fuck in an already slow midfield getting bypassed like it's not there. Arda's been at his best more advanced up in the field as well, and ended up playing deeper because of how the game developed when he came in.

Yea, that was a mistake. Arda should've been on later and as the 4th striker, to force a draw if the score would've been 1-2 still. About Denis, I'm not his biggest fan, think the level is too high for him at this point in time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We didn't realize how good we had it with no bench !

Ironic really.

I am not denouncing Lucho yet as few players are in terrible form (Busi, Neymar..) and we are adapting to life without Bravo and Alves.

I am worried though as we are playing bad football for some time now. Expensive subs aren't helping us (yet) and we are running MSN to the ground. Which was a main reason we almost collapsed last season.

Sevilla, Sociedad will be hard.

DonAK

Yea, that was a mistake. Arda should've been on later and as the 4th striker, to force a draw if the score would've been 1-2 still. About Denis, I'm not his biggest fan, think the level is too high for him at this point in time.

Yeah. That's a bit about what I meant with how Lucho doesn't try to switch it up tactically, but instead when he makes a change, he sees players like pieces in a puzzle of his simple system, which is why he brought Arda on.

Anyway, end of the day, we'll win the CL group, but we got to improve right now.

I'm really nervous about the Sevilla game because they've been impressive and Sampaoli probably got everything covered with how he want to approach the game. Lucho need to think out something different and the players need to take responsibility and stop dicking around too much.

serghei

I think this defeat is better than a win for the Sevilla game, as oddly as it may sound. We also did look to take it easier at 1-3. Players didn't give as much effort as the game was clearly done, with them playing well and the fans being behind them.

Home of Barca Fans