Luis Enrique

Umtitol

Lucho is a very limited coach. After 3 seasons it's showing. Already did in the 1st, but Messi had his best season ever arguably, got the treble, and some thought lucho is good. He's not.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's fairly obvious we're not capable of controlling any game right now, so I hope Lucho allows Sevilla to take the initiative so we can counter them into oblivion. Better than trying to pass it out with ter Stegen and the defenders with them pressuring us into our own box.

We did that post-January in Lucho's first season, but haven't seen a lot of that lately.

snowy

The first goal was a mistake and the 2nd was a set piece after a poor intervention from Busquets and a sleeping moment from Ter Stegen. We then had to risk more, since Rakitic was giving us absolutely nothing going forward, subbed him, but lost the midfield, and City played better after that.

I really liked how we played in the first half until personal mistakes started to creep in.

It was a game that was full of personal mistakes imo. Digne at first had some, Umtiti cause a pen. at the edge of the box that should've been given, Roberto was really poor and his passing was really bad, Busquets lost balls as well, Arda lost balls as well when he came in.

Lucho's tactics put a lot of pressure on players because they receive the ball on static positions a lot. It is a more static positional game than in the past, and that is why the first touch and the pass have to be better.

1st 15 min were littered with errors in defense though. Despite the fact we dominated on possession, they created way more dangerous situations. The only stretch where we dominated was if I remember correctly between min. 15th and 40th (or in the vicinity). Yeah static football won't win anything nowadays. MSN are good at exploring gaps but with Iniesta injured, looks like the only way to get the ball to them is via those long feeds or like DonAk said, by way of quick counters.

serghei

I thought those 15 mins. were just the start of the match. As soon as the game settled, we dominated and looked like we could score 1-2 goals more. Then Roberto made two fuckups in a row, and we received one goal and could've received another easily. We dominated the first half for sure, but Roberto's mistakes cost us and gave City momentum going into the 2nd half. Then more personal mistakes gave them the lead and it was all over for us, and we just saved our energy for Sevilla I thought and didn't wrestled our way back in the game.

I thought our attitude after receiving the 2-1 was poor, but this probably had to do with the game being not that important, considering we need just 4 points from the next two games to be 1st in the group, and that's considering City win 6/6.

Last edited:

snowy

Really hope you're right cuz if 2nd half was us delivering our max, then we'd need a complete overhaul...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It's fairly obvious we're not capable of controlling any game right now, so I hope Lucho allows Sevilla to take the initiative so we can counter them into oblivion. Better than trying to pass it out with ter Stegen and the defenders with them pressuring us into our own box.

We did that post-January in Lucho's first season, but haven't seen a lot of that lately.

We also did that during Tata's tenure to good enough effect... The thing is that if it goes for a while the purists will start complaining and things will turn to shit again...

bismp

No fucking midfield.

I get it that we have no Xavi anymore,that Iniesta is old(and currently injured) and that Busi is having his worst form of his life,but still there are no excuses for what we've been seeing not only this season,but the whole year.

The situation in the second half was laughable.We couldn't get the ball pass the midfield line,we couldn't even get 3-4 passes in a row without losing the possession.Expecting the midfield to get a through pass is too much to ask for right now.Everything comes from the individual brilliance of Messi and less occasionally Ney.

If we continue like this,this is going to be a Tata season 2.0

R

reaper

The season is already over. We wont win with rubbish like Sergi Roberto, Digne, Arda, Gomes etc.. These players are beta players.

vlad

The season is already over. We wont win with rubbish like Sergi Roberto, Digne, Arda, Gomes etc.. These players are beta players.

if something is rubbish, its your comment, get to conclusion that barca will not win anything because they are playing bad and season started not so long ago

R

reaper

if something is rubbish, its your comment, get to conclusion that barca will not win anything because they are playing bad and season started not so long ago

Now don't get personal. It is my opinion these players are rubbish. I said the same about Bartra and got someone just like you - being very silly indeed. Barcelona agreed with me and got rid of Bartra. Perhaps English is not your first language but I never said we would not win the league because we are playing badly. That is your weird words. I said we will not win because we have too many players who are not good enough. Players like Sergi Roberto and Gomes have ceilings well below are usual standard. Pause and reflect. You aggression hiding behind a keyboard is nothing to be proud of.

Last edited:

vlad

Now don;t get personal. It is my opinion these players are rubbish. I said the same about Bartra and got someone just like you - being very silly indeed. Barcelona agreed with me and got rid of him. Pause and reflect. You aggression hiding behind a keyboard is nothing to be proud of.

dont care what are you think about players, your opinion, you wrote that barca will not win anything, and season just started, how did you come to that?

R

reaper

dont care what are you think about players, your opinion,

Clearly you do. Perhaps calm down.. This is not your lounge. We are allowed opinions.
If we don't win the league you will hide from me.. or say we lost for another reason. I am stating - and stated before the season begun we would not win the league this year with these payers. I have never predicted that before in my life.

Last edited:

Umtitol

No fucking midfield.

I get it that we have no Xavi anymore,that Iniesta is old(and currently injured) and that Busi is having his worst form of his life,but still there are no excuses for what we've been seeing not only this season,but the whole year.

The situation in the second half was laughable.We couldn't get the ball pass the midfield line,we couldn't even get 3-4 passes in a row without losing the possession.Expecting the midfield to get a through pass is too much to ask for right now.Everything comes from the individual brilliance of Messi and less occasionally Ney.

If we continue like this,this is going to be a Tata season 2.0

denis and rafinha are not controllers, and gomes is still far from being able to do that. it's really bad atm.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Im getting sick of the pitchforks out for him every time we lose. Pique and Alba go down through injury, our defense suffers and all of the sudden, Lucho is shit.

Iniesta gets injured, Lucho tries to find the replacement and the midfield starts to struggle, now all of the sudden Lucho is shit.

It's like we have to be über Pep-era, 5-0 golazofests or its the worst this teams been in years and Lucho is an imposter. Like, we aren't the only elite team and everyone automatically bows down before us. It's absurd really.

They were arguably full strength while we have some key injuries. We'd smash them even worse if they didn't have KDB and Otamendi/Stones.

Also, totally different game if Gomes' chance doesn't go off the crossbar. Suarez, Busi, Bob underperforming. It's just a bad spell and it's a good time to have one rather than later on. Last season, without Messi we looked unstoppable. Suarez and Neymar were scoring for fun, we got overconfident and complacent and we slipped.

1st season, we had an unconvincing start and looked like on the verge of utter failure and then we go unbeaten and sweep every title.

Still a lot of season left and honestly this loss could help us down the line this season so people need to get a fucking grip and stop this bullshit every time we don't get a result.

Besides, for me Lucho stays till Xavi is ready as long as we keep La Liga. That simple.

Home of Barca Fans