Luis Suárez

fergus90

You can cancel a players contract at any-time if the right to do that has been included in the initial contract. Quite rare it does get included but Suarez was volatile when he first joined Barca so plausible such a clause existed for him.

However, if Barca and Suarez mutually agree to the termination then there is nothing stopping them from doing it. It happens quite often when players leave by 'mutual consent'.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Surely if we terminate his contract, we would have to pay him what he's owed?

So what would be the point if we're basically paying his salary for the next 2 years anyway?

serghei

Surely if we terminate his contract, we would have to pay him what he's owed?

So what would be the point if we're basically paying his salary for the next 2 years anyway?

There will be some agreement of some sort. I think terminate his contract is some sort of euphemism for kicking him out.

malvolio

You can cancel a players contract at any-time if the right to do that has been included in the initial contract. Quite rare it does get included but Suarez was volatile when he first joined Barca so plausible such a clause exsisted for him.

doubt it he has agents/accountants/lawyers that stupid. a separate clause can be inserted for him doing stupid shit like biting players.

so i'm curious how they intend to pay him out.

However, if Barca and Suarez mutually agree to the termination then there is nothing stopping them from doing it. It happens quite often when players leave by 'mutual consent'.

mutual consent when you are payed 17M a year? :lol:

Last edited:

Devils

@FabrizioRomano | As reported by @gerardromero @jotajordi13, Luis Suarez is going to leave Barcelona in next days. Talks ongoing with many clubs.

fergus90

doubt it he has agents/accountants/lawyers that stupid. a separate clause can be inserted for him doing stupid shit like biting players.

so i'm curious how they intend to pay him out.

Players leave by mutual consent, happens regularly, e.g they're leaving their contract during a fix termed because both parties agree to it. Then a compensation payout is agreed.

Last edited:

Porque

It's a shame it ends like this because Suarez was truly one of the great strikers of the past decade. But it goes to show that in a fast moving sport like football that good will is only as good as the time you can perform, and with selling that timing is everything.

Florentino is a much better businessman than our board and even he has struggled with James and Bale.

That's the problem. Do you really think Suarez is just going to let them terminate his contract without what's he owed? I doubt he's going to negotiate.

To be fair, why wouldnt he? Statistically he performed well last season. He just can't cut it at the top level anymore. Not his fault for the contract our board offered him.

Luis "If they can pay out Setien they can pay out me" Suarez

serghei

That's the problem. Do you really think Suarez is just going to let them terminate his contract without what's he owed? I doubt he's going to negotiate.

Usually they reach an agreement where he's allowed to leave while getting paid a portion of his remaining contract. If he can't be included in some transfer or some deal involving other players.

Point is he will not play next season. One lazy player who can't run less. Yes we'll lose some golazos, but we'll gain more speed, more mobility, better off the ball defending, other important things.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You do have to love the way this board airs it's laundry in public when they have an agenda, even when it involves a club legend - classless to the very end

xxxxxx

Usually they reach an agreement where he's allowed to leave while getting paid a portion of his remaining contract. If he can't be included in some transfer or some deal involving other players.

Point is he will not play next season. One lazy player who can't run less.

But judging by what Suarez has said recently, I doubt he's going to agree to the termination. I think he's really pissed. He's either going to stay or we're going to sell him. No mutual agreement is going to happen.

Andrew M

But judging by what Suarez has said recently, I doubt he's going to agree to the termination. I think he's really pissed. He's either going to stay or we're going to sell him. No mutual agreement is going to happen.

If we tell him he won't be involved with the first team squad that would be humiliating to him and his ego

Home of Barca Fans