Luis Suárez

malvolio

Usually they reach an agreement where he's allowed to leave while getting paid a portion of his remaining contract. If he can't be included in some transfer or some deal involving other players.

the only way i see this working is him having some agreement with another team for a huge sign on fee and salary. otherwise i imagine that it's very hard for him to just let go of the 17M or so we are paying.

malvolio

You do have to love the way this board airs it's laundry in public when they have an agenda, even when it involves a club legend - classless to the very end

that's what most users in here want. they got it into their heads that treating former stars like shit is the way to go, a la real madrid.

it also helps(the board) that suarez is not homegrown or catalan. politics and all involved.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Barcelona will meet with Su?rez' lawyers in the next few hours to settle the termination of his contract. He had one year remaining, plus an optional one if he played at least 60% of the games next season. It's the beginning of a key week at Bar?a. [rac1]

khaled_a_d

Man, what a bad ending.
Make no mistake, it is the right decision to let him go. It might hurt us next year but it is a necessary step back in order to get 2 steps forward.
But, he is a club legend. A great player and great career, and by numbers he scored well this year.
But, his last game is 2-8 loss and he will be literally kicked out of the club.
If he stays in Europe (Ajax) and we meet them (friendly or competitive game) he surely need to a get a sort of standing ovation.

JohnN

If we end up on bad terms with Suarez, it will be on him too though. Not that I hold any value to what news outlets claim, but he could have shown better attitude when not playing.

fergus90

that's what most users in here want. they got it into their heads that treating former stars like shit is the way to go, a la real madrid.

I don't think any barca fan would want that, but Suarez has under-performed and declined a lot in the last couple years, it's of course down to diabolical planning that it took a 2-8 thrashing to cancel his contract with 3 weeks to go before a new season, but his time is up. He deserves a proper farewell but the situation worldwide hasn't allowed that. I think a testimonial for him will be arranged at some point.

With competent direction at board level, he could have been phased out correctly and in a more deserving manner. He's played way too many games the last 2 years for a guy approaching 34 and I think it's really accelerated his decline.

xxxxxx

Suarez was refusing to leave Barcelona at all cost. Bartemeo then decided to terminate his contract to free up wages [ rac1]

Free up wages? We're still going to be paying him 17m euros and whatever else he's owed. As I said, there's no way Suarez is going to agree to a mutual termination.

Bartomeu is one dumb individual.

Porque

Koeman has made a last minute U-turn and decided to keep Suarez after realising he previously played for Ajax
Source: Usher

We're screwed lads.

malvolio

I don't think any barca fan would want that, but Suarez has under-performed and declined a lot in the last couple years, it's of course down to diabolical planning that it took a 2-8 thrashing to cancel his contract with 3 weeks to go before a new season, but his time is up. He deserves a proper farewell but the situation worldwide hasn't allowed that. I think a testimonial for him will be arranged at some point.

With competent direction at board level, he could have been phased out correctly and in a more deserving manner. He's played way too many games the last 2 years for a guy approaching 34 and I think it's really accelerated his decline.

fair enough, that's what i was thinking also. and i did say "that's what most users in here want".

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am against having our legends leave this way but if he refused to go then this is the only solution.

Home of Barca Fans