Man of the Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xaviniesta

So few people mentioning Busquets, wow...

busquets is so amazing he doesn't care about this shit. he is the messi of his position but 99% more underrated. if there would be man of the season award he would definately be top3 without any doubt.

Trickykid

I would've liked to fit in both VV, Busi and Xavi, but in the end I opted for what seemed like the most decisive 3:

Villa
Iniesta
Alba

Trickykid

It's rediculously close between Villa and Iniesta, so if anyone feels like chipping in before I do the final count tonight, it could potentially be a real late decider.

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award
La Liga, Celta, Home (3-1)

1. Villa (44%) was on fire all night, many back-heels and excellent movement, on spot to score the goal and that assist (although it was clear offside) but still did so great and deserved that standing ovation ~ abual3bed1
2. Iniesta (40%) created yet another goal for Villa and imposed himself on the game throughout the 90 minutes ~ Ursegor
3. Alba (11,1%) He is getting to that Dani Alves level of 09-10,10-11. He's a beast for us ~ Richard.H

For the second league game in a row Tito plays MVP up front, and for the second time in a row David Villa makes the The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread top3. Last time out, against Alavés, he took 2nd spot, but that wasn't enough for El Guaje who blasts his way into top spot with 44% of the votes after a fine performance and another well taken goal and an assist against Celta Vigo. Villa really is firing on all cylinders at the moment, and there are even audacious posters on the forum claiming that he's already looking better than he was a few years ago. While that's probably debatable, I think it's now safe to say that Tito has been right all along, when he claimed Villa needed a slow start coming back from his broken leg. Does that mean Tito really isn't some kind of evil mastermind trying to unravel the club from within after all? In any case, spirits are high at the moment, and if Villa keeps this up, it looks like we finally again have a valid scoring alternative to Leo Messi.

Just 1 single top3 placement for 2 months has suddenly turned into 3 in his last 3 games. With Villa looking like he's coming back to his old self, Andres Iniesta is another one in great form at the moment. Yet another assist was added to his long list of merits, and a host of key passes meant that he was the true dangerman on the night, operating from his left sided midfield position and sending the Celta players into all sorts of trouble.
The Don took top spot in his last match, and it could very well have been two in a row for the Fuentealbilla native, had it not been for a couple of last minute votes for Villa by ammar and Deco20. Luckily The Don isn't one to bear a grudge, and he will happily let this slide... for now.

In third spot, with nearly 30% less votes than Iniesta, we find Jordi Alba who takes his second top3 medal from his last 3 games. To emphasize the great form of Alba, and his popularity in this very thread, Alba has now revieved votes in his last 7 games i a row! A feat that is only rivalled by Messi. Voices on the forum are already retiring Dani Alves on the opposite flank, as Alba is setting the world alight with blistering speed and - for a defender - absolutely uncalled for attacking prowess. They could very well be on to something, as Alba truely is reminiscent of our brilliant brazilian when it comes to tenacity and lust for attacking, but as of now Dani Alves is still a blaugrana, and luckily so. Big money offers coming from russia or Paris could prove tempting though, as Martin Montoya waits eagerly to emerge from the shadows of the brazillian right back.

Random facts of the day:

- For the first time this season Xavi hasn't recieved a single vote for two matches in a row.
- For the first time since the 1-0 win over Valencia the 2nd of september, Messi revieved exactly 0 votes.
- Last match I reported that Messi and Iniesta had never featured on the podium together this season, and the trend continues, as Iniesta makes it, while Messi doesn't. 5 times Messi has been sulking in the shadows, while Iniesta has been basking in the light of the joyous Barcaforum.com users on 4 of these occasions.

Tune back to The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread in just 3 days, when the barca players yet again step onto the pitch. This time around it will be in rainy Scotland on Celtic Park where Celtic will host this weeks ChL match.

14azq4n.jpg

Edit: Added the quotes, as I forgot them yet again.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Villa deserved it. Iniesta and Alba also deserved the top3. That left side is lethal with these 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans