Manchester United

JamDav1982

I am being kind with 5th. A lot of their fans are predicting 3rd.

If they truly implode it could easily be 8th again. But like I say they have this supernatural ability to pick up more points than they deserve. Even in seasons they fall apart completely they never finish lower than mid-table.

Last season they honestly performed slightly above relegation level and finished 8th. They win more points than their performances warrant often.

Every fan base has elements that predict high finishes/wins.

There will be Liverpool fans saying can win it.. City fans that think can win the lot... Arsenal fans saying will win it etc.

Maradona37

So you are right when they finish 2nd and win a cup?

More or less right if they dont win the league then.. which has not been bold calls really in last 10 years.
Nah I predict them to struggle most seasons.

Winning a cup isn't the same as league football - teams can fluke a cup. Like finishing 8th and winning it like last season.

Already covered 2nd - De Gea heroics and COVID season.

You guys must be the only guys on the planet who don't think Man United have been poor for the last 10 years.

JamDav1982

Based on what do they have better ownership? These guys haven't done anything yet, Berrada, Wilcox, Brailsford, Ashworth. They could quite easily fuck it all up.

Of course they have not done anything yet. It is impossible that they could have.

Those guys are a lot more qualified than they have had in past at least. Have to see how it translates.

Maradona37

I think your prediction of 5th is fair enough and probably where most people would predict them to finish. But it doesn't mean they aren't moving forward as an organisation and as a team and doing things better than they have been for some time now.
That's just your opinion.

They finished 8th last season, haven't kicked a ball this season. They have brought in some guys with ownership as referenced above but yet to be seen if they are gonna make a big difference.

What makes you confident they're on the up? Don't say winning a cup. It isn't a projector for future achievement.

JamDav1982

Nah I predict them to struggle most seasons.

Winning a cup isn't the same as league football - teams can fluke a cup. Like finishing 8th and winning it like last season.

Already covered 2nd - De Gea heroics and COVID season.

You guys must be the only guys on the planet who don't think Man United have been poor for the last 10 years.

You said you had been right every season for 10 years.. to them finishing 2nd and winning a cup etc makes you right.

If that is the bar it is no great predicition in last 10 years anyway. They have never been close to favs for the title in that time.

Maradona37

Every fan base has elements that predict high finishes/wins.

There will be Liverpool fans saying can win it.. City fans that think can win the lot... Arsenal fans saying will win it etc.
The difference is those three clubs have the performances in recent seasons to back that up.

man United do not.

I can't believe I have to explain this.

Maradona37

Of course they have not done anything yet. It is impossible that they could have.

Those guys are a lot more qualified than they have had in past at least. Have to see how it translates.
Well we will see. Looking at the guys they're signing and the begging bowl they're throwing out to the UK government for a new stadium, the signs aren't promising.

You admit it's impossible to say. yet the other guy in here is saying rhey're on a 'positive trajectory.

Based on what, exactly? They haven't even kicked a ball this season.

JamDav1982

The difference is those three clubs have the performances in recent seasons to back that up.

man United do not.

I can't believe I have to explain this.

Do they?

Arsenal have never won the title in those years but Man Utd have been 2nd.

Liverpool have not won it in years either.

Arsenal are closer to winning it than Man U 3rd but not based on history as much as where they are now.

ajnotkeith

That's just your opinion.

They finished 8th last season, haven't kicked a ball this season. They have brought in some guys with ownership as referenced above but yet to be seen if they are gonna make a big difference.

What makes you confident they're on the up? Don't say winning a cup. It isn't a projector for future achievement.
If they were a good cup team, would that mean nothing? Cups are also competitions and teams aim to win them.

Maradona37

You said you had been right every season for 10 years.. to them finishing 2nd and winning a cup etc makes you right.

If that is the bar it is no great predicition in last 10 years anyway. They have never been close to favs for the title in that time.
The point is I have predicted them to be an abomination for most o the last 10 years, and they have been.

I bet you were crowing when Pogba came in in 2016, you were talking them up weren't you? Ended well mate.

Well done to them for winning the transfer window.

Maradona37

Do they?

Arsenal have never won the title in those years but Man Utd have been 2nd.

Liverpool have not won it in years either.

Arsenal are closer to winning it than Man U 3rd but not based on history as much as where they are now.
Are you seriously arguing that Man United have more right to believe they can win the title this season than Liverpool or Arsenal?

If that's your argument, then you are being pedantic and arguing for argument's sake.

Both clubs have far better players, Arsenal have a better manager (no opinion on Slot yet) and done better last season.

Liverpool and Arsenal have been better for longer than Man United. I acknowledge Klopp leaving is a problem though.

JamDav1982

The point is I have predicted them to be an abomination for most o the last 10 years, and they have been.

I bet you were crowing when Pogba came in in 2016, you were talking them up weren't you? Ended well mate.

Well done to them for winning the transfer window.

Here you go with making up shit to argue against again.

Usual nonsense.. Pogba?

What are you on about?

Maradona37

If they were a good cup team, would that mean nothing? Cups are also competitions and teams aim to win them.
If you don't understand the difference between being good in cups and being good in leagues, there's no point.

Look at United in the 80s, Liverpool in the 90s, your own rivals real madrid during most of Ronaldo's time there.

Do you honestly think fluking a club should give a club hope for a league season?

Home of Barca Fans