Manchester United

JamDav1982

Ultimately, you're arguing with me about a club that finished 8th last season and played terrible football, and have a clown for a coach.

All based on a few signings and a new team at board level, who have yet to prove anything.

My point is they should be fighting for that 4th CL spot as not close to top 3.

Your prediction has them at 5th or 6th.

You seem desperate for folk to be predicting big things for Man Utd so can be correct but nothing huge is being predicted..here at least.

Maradona37

Again not the point being made.. the point is element of all fan bases more or less have some that predict more than others... hence Arsenal title, Liverpool title, City the lot etc.

No one has made any point about City Arsenal or Liverpool fans predicting third or it not being likey... the exact opposite has been said.
So if Ipswich fans say they'll finish third it's ok becaue 'all fans do it'.

Serious question, are you addicted to arguing? Do you have psychological issues?

it's an entirely uncontroversial opinion that it's far less likely United finish in the top four than City, Arsenal or Liverpool.

Most people will tell you that going into this season. Look at the bookies if you don't believe me.

It's the common consensus.

Yet here you are telling me 'but every club believes their team can finish third'.

You are arguing over fuck all. Please stop being such a pedant.

Maradona37

Saying they will be fighting for 4th is 'too much credit' but you predict 5th or 6th....

Aye too much credit.
I'm being kind as you'd probably mock me if I predicted 7th or 8th. Cos they're on a 'positive trajectory' apparently.

Wouldn't surprise me if they finish 8th or 9th but I will be positive for them and say 5ht or 6th.

JamDav1982

So if Ipswich fans say they'll finish third it's ok becaue 'all fans do it'.

Serious question, are you addicted to arguing? Do you have psychological issues?

it's an entirely uncontroversial opinion that it's far less likely United finish in the top four than City, Arsenal or Liverpool.

Most people will tell you that going into this season. Look at the bookies if you don't believe me.

It's the common consensus.

Yet here you are telling me 'but every club believes their team can finish third'.

You are arguing over fuck all. Please stop being such a pedant.

No the point is relative to where other fans predict and all fan bases have more deluded/optimistic elements.

All of them.

What on earth are you going on about and the top four with City, Liverpool and Arsenal again?

What relevance does that have?

Maradona37

My point is they should be fighting for that 4th CL spot as not close to top 3.

Your prediction has them at 5th or 6th.

You seem desperate for folk to be predicting big things for Man Utd so can be correct but nothing huge is being predicted..here at least.
Why should they be fighting for it?

What has changed from them finishing 8th and playing terrible football? And having a clown for a manager and keeper?

You seem to be basing this on changes at boardroom level and a few transfers who have yet to even kick a competitive ball for them.

Where is this belief they should 'fight for top four'?

Maradona37

No the point is relative to where other fans predict and all fan bases have more deluded/optimistic elements.

All of them.
So it's ok for them to talk shite because they're deluded?

The point is they have more delusion than most. The common consensus on their forums always ends up being proved wrong.

On Redcafe, the critical posters are called 'miserable and negative'/ Yet they're the ones who are always proved right. Even seen a Manc make this same point on there.

Delusion isn't a virtue.

JamDav1982

I'm being kind as you'd probably mock me if I predicted 7th or 8th. Cos they're on a 'positive trajectory' apparently.

Wouldn't surprise me if they finish 8th or 9th but I will be positive for them and say 5ht or 6th.

Jeepers that is awful mental gymnastics.

Now its everyone elses fault you said 5th...

Maradona37

Jeepers that is awful mental gymnastics.

Now its everyone elses fault you said 5th...
Ok I will change it to 7th.

that's final my prediction for them for this season.

No doubt if they beat Fulham on Friday night you will be in beating your chest about it and shooting your load early.

JamDav1982

Why should they be fighting for it?

What has changed from them finishing 8th and playing terrible football? And having a clown for a manager and keeper?

You seem to be basing this on changes at boardroom level and a few transfers who have yet to even kick a competitive ball for them.

Where is this belief they should 'fight for top four'?

So you predict 5th but in a way they cant be fighting for top 4....

I think thats what they as a club should expect this season.

Maradona37

I reckon that City, Arsenal and Liverpool will all defo finish above them.

Chelsea, Villa, Spurs, Newcastle all have a good chance of doing so too. Even West Ham maybe.

JamDav1982

Ok I will change it to 7th.

that's final my prediction for them for this season.

No doubt if they beat Fulham on Friday night you will be in beating your chest about it and shooting your load early.

Ok so wrong if higher than 7th.

Lets see.

They as a club should be aiming for top 4 and at least battling for that spot..

Can they? Who knows but heads will roll if they dont as will be seen as failure.

Maradona37

Ok so wrong if higher than 7th.

Lets see.

They as a club should be aiming for top 4 and at least battling for that spot..

Can they? Who knows but heads will roll if they dont as will be seen as failure.
Football is unpredictable. Could be wrong, maybe they play above themselves. I am not ruling out they finish top four, but it will take an amazing season from them.

I think it's more realistic they finish in the region 5th to 9th. In that region teams are inconsistent and erratic and anyone can finish above anyone.

Home of Barca Fans