Manchester United

Maradona37

Yes 5th to 8th... so if finish 5th are correct.

Simple.

So you say 5th to 8th but if finish 5th are wrong?

Brilliant.
No, I said they could finish anywhere from 5th to 8th in my view.

Because if they play better than I expect it could be as high as 5th they climb. If they play worse it could be as low as 9th, even 8th.

You call it hedging bets, but picking out one solitary position for a mid-table or upper mid-table team is foolish. There's too much variation.

same goes for chelsea - could be 4th to 8th for me.

JamDav1982

No, I said they could finish anywhere from 5th to 8th in my view.

Because if they play better than I expect it could be as high as 5th they climb. If they play worse it could be as low as 9th, even 8th.

You call it hedging bets, but picking out one solitary position for a mid-table or upper mid-table team is foolish. There's too much variation.

same goes for chelsea - could be 4th to 8th for me.

Yes... so you picked a range that finishing 5th fits with your prediction and would make you right.

Basic stuff.

Maradona37

I respect people who I think are qualified to have respect.

Simples..

You respect who you like... couldnt care less.

It is an awful argument about failed transfers.. but have at it.
It isn't. The point is people far more qualified than the guys you 'respect' make mistakes galore.

You haven't told me who these guys are. For all I know you fabricated them.

Either way, saying 'I know qualified people who I respect more than you and they disagree so you're wrong' is tragic level debating.

Why don't you try actually analysing yourself rather than relying on authorities?

JamDav1982

It isn't. The point is people far more qualified than the guys you 'respect' make mistakes galore.

You haven't told me who these guys are. For all I know you fabricated them.

Either way, saying 'I know qualified people who I respect more than you and they disagree so you're wrong' is tragic level debating.

Why don't you try actually analysing yourself rather than relying on authorities?

Awful awful point.

Everyone in football makes mistakes from Pep down..

You choose who you respect and I will choose who I respect based off of whatever I see fit.

Simple.

You can think these are guys who have never kicked a ball for all I care. doesnt matter to me.

Maradona37

Yes... so you picked a range that finishing 5th fits with your prediction and would make you right.

Basic stuff.
And you kept saying I said 5th.

My point is I don't think they'll make top four. Whether they finish 5th or 8th/9th for me depends on if they turn into a catastrope or not.

Something else I said in the summer of 2023, when everyone was drooling over Ten Hag, is that he wouldn't see 2025 as United manager. I stand by that too, if they're smart enough to pull the trigger if/when it all goes wrong.

Maradona37

Awful awful point.

Everyone in football makes mistakes from Pep down..

You choose who you respect and I will choose who I respect based off of whatever I see fit.

Simple.
Pep and City make far fewer mistakes than United. That's why they win so much more.

Obviously it's about minimising mistakes.

Pep also makes infinitely fewer mistakes than your mates who coach at Albion Rovers or Airdrie.

JamDav1982

And you kept saying I said 5th.

My point is I don't think they'll make top four. Whether they finish 5th or 8th/9th for me depends on if they turn into a catastrope or not.

Something else I said in the summer of 2023, when everyone was drooling over Ten Hag, is that he wouldn't see 2025 as United manager. I stand by that too, if they're smart enough to pull the trigger if/when it all goes wrong.

Nope I said your prediction would have 5th as you being correct.

Simples.

JamDav1982

Pep and City make far fewer mistakes than United. That's why they win so much more.

Obviously it's about minimising mistakes.

Pep also makes infinitely fewer mistakes than your mates who coach at Albion Rovers or Airdrie.

Indeed they do.

Top detective work.

Again lying with strawman arguments...bad faith.

Maradona37

Nope I said your prediction would have 5th as you being correct.

Simples.
No, I predicted a range. As in I expect them to fall into a section, a section that is based on how they do with a maximum and a minimum, based on the variation in their performances.

I never said FIFTH AND THAT IS IT! like you imply.

Seriously, do you have severe brain damage? It's a genuine question.

JamDav1982

No, I predicted a range. As in I expect them to fall into a section, a section that is based on how they do with a maximum and a minimum, based on the variation in their performances.

I never said FIFTH AND THAT IS IT! like you imply.

Seriously, do you have severe brain damage? It's a genuine question.

Yes and that range covered 5th..

Very simple.

So 5th and prediction is correct in that 'range'.

Maradona37

Indeed they do.

Top detective work.

Again lying with strawman arguments...bad faith.
You made a shite point about how everyone makes mistakes in football, including Pep.

Implying that your mates and Man United should be let off the hook cos Pep makes mistakes too - overlooking that pep has been wildly more successful than all of them.

Awful patter.

Also now you are using the bad faith comment I made a page or two ago. You are a stoater of a guy.

JamDav1982

You made a shite point about how everyone makes mistakes in football, including Pep.

Implying that your mates and Man United should be let off the hook cos Pep makes mistakes too - overlooking that pep has been wildly more successful than all of them.

Awful patter.

Also now you are using the bad faith comment I made a page or two ago. You are a stoater of a guy.
No it was a very good point about Pep and relevant.

Top patter.

Weasel.

Maradona37

Yes and that range covered 5th..

Very simple.

So 5th and prediction is correct in that 'range'.
I said 5th to 8th.

Their upper maximum is fifth I think. If everything goes wrong it could be closer to the middle of the table.

It's a variance thing.

It's not hard to understand.

JamDav1982

I said 5th to 8th.

Their upper maximum is fifth I think. If everything goes wrong it could be closer to the middle of the table.

It's a variance thing.

It's not hard to understand.
Indeed 5th to 8th so if finish 5th they are in the predicted range and prediction is correct.

Very basic stuff.

Maradona37

No it was a very good point about Pep and relevant.

Top patter.

Weasel.
No it was a shite point, it's only good in your tiny mind, because you didn't understand that yes - everyone makes mistakes - but the United board and your clueless mates make far more than Pep. That's why pep wins everything, United are a joke, and your mates manage in the highland league.

And who's coming out with personal attacks now?

Jammy rattled.

Home of Barca Fans