Manchester United

messid10s

To think Moyes could face off against Guardiola in the Champions League next year. I wouldn't want to be a united fan on that day.

Kerrybai

No. Just can't believe all my Christmases have come at once. Fergie retires and they handpick Moyes as his replacement. LOL.

Not only will Man U be weakened but so too will Everton! Thus I can't believe my luck!

Did Paisley win much before taking over at Liverpool? ;)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Did Paisley win much before taking over at Liverpool? ;)

Seeing as he was an integral part of our club from the 50's to the the 70's before he was manager and Shankly's tactical mastermind during his managerial period then yes.

You're totally missing the point - no rational person expects a United implosion - given the finances its almost impossible for them to finish outside the top 3

The point is Ferguson to Moyes is a huge downward step and Moyes is a huge downgrade on the managers they could have gotten.

Oh and it fucks everton too.

It's all rather good (for me.)

Last edited:

Unbiased United

Seeing as he was an integral part of our club from the 50's to the the 70's before he was manager and Shankly's tactical mastermind during his managerial period then yes.

You're totally missing the point - no rational person expects a United implosion - given the finances its almost impossible for them to finish outside the top 3

The point is Ferguson to Moyes is a huge downward step and Moyes is a huge downgrade on the managers they could have gotten.

Oh and it fucks everton too.

It's all rather good (for me.)

I've not agreed with you much on here, as is the United-Liverpool fan relationship....but I see your point here and have to agree.

Moyes is a good manager, maybe even very good, but he certainly isn't on the level of SAF. So, for me its not unreasonable to assume we will weaker from this point onwards. That's not a given of course and Moyes could prove us wrong, but I'm not all that happy about the choice to replace the greatest manager we've ever had.

I couldn't see past Mourinho myself, the only person with the confidence to step into those giant shoes unfazed.

BBDD

Dear me, 6 year contract? If he does fail we're stuck with him for the long haul.

Still don't understand the decision. He's Scottish and looks a bit angry, that doesn't make him the next Ferguson. We're obsessed with long term managers, like we're above every other club in the world who have to change managers every once in a while, I don't want us to become Chelsea or Madrid but fuck me, we had our pick from any number of league and CL winning managers and opted for someone who's biggest achievement is finishing in upper-midtable on a small budget..4

Good luck to Moyes anyway, it's not that I think he's a bad manager or will do a horrendous job, but next season should have been a very exciting and intriguing one, but that's out the window having made the most uninspiring appointment possible.

Andrew M

It doesn't always have to be a big name. If you have an idea and a concept you can have much success without the high profile. Guardiola, Klopp etc

Jenks

BJ1BSM0CIAECPkY.png

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
David Moyes is a great, genuine guy. His teams don't play the best football but they give 100%. I think he is similar to SAF but doesn't bitch about referee's constantly, or put pressure on them. I love the guy, i hope he does well.

oz187

I like Moyes but have serious doubts over his appointment to Utd. In terms of motivation and getting the players to play with intensity I think he'll be great. But does he have the tactical nous to compete with the better teams? Will he be able to construct an attacking and entertaining playing style?

He also doesn't have much European experience. Are the board prepared to give him time to learn? If he struggles in the Champions League there'll be calls for his head from the first season. Fergie was given time, but Utd are one of the biggest clubs around now, will he be given that luxury?

if the fans and board give him time(a year maybe 2) I think he can ensure that Man Utd will remain the top team in Premier League, but if they want instant sucess I dont think he is the right man..yet

Eetu

Adormit
A week ago Simon Kuper wrote a piece for FT about Moyes and his time at Goodison Park. I thought it was a good read.

The six year contract is nice gesture by the club, hope he does well.

Kerrybai

Dear me, 6 year contract? If he does fail we're stuck with him for the long haul.

Not necessarily, Alan Pardew was given an 8 year contract but I believe there is a term in the contract indicating that they can fire him with 1 years pay, United may have done something similar.

Home of Barca Fans