Manchester United

Banana-Rama

They've both won fuck all too. Except Rodgers tries to play football. I know who I'd want out of the two.

I didn't expect united to go with moyes, i expected someone higher profile, however on reflection i can understand the logic of the appointment. Sure we could of hired one of the big names like Ancelotti, Mourinho who do the rounds at every top club, they'll stay for 2-3 years and probably be successful in that time, then they'll leave and we'll be looking for another manager. Those guys are only short term appointments, they like to spend lots of money on ready made players for here and now to achieve instant success, they don't care about bringing through youth players or planning for the team of the future. Look at the mess that mourinho left behind when he left inter, a squad with too many old players on massive wages and no youth coming through, credit to him for what he won there but he didn't care about the future of inter, only the here and now.

United went with a manager who is prepared stay at one club for 10 plus years, a manager with a great history of bringing through young players. Comments that moyes does not coach attractive football are obviously nonsense to anyone who knows what they are talking about, Pienaar, Osman, Mirallas, bilyaletdinov, arteta are technical players signed by moyes, he tried to sign players like banega and moutinho while he was at everton.

The criticism seems to be regarding fellaini, everton have a shortage of strikers so moyes has used him further forward, they have taken advantage of his physical attributes and his great ability to take the ball down by playing long balls up to him, it has worked very well for them. He won't do that at united because he has lots of quality to pick from in terms of strikers, if he wants to mirror the 4-2-3-1 he has used at everton he won't sign fellaini and play longs balls to him, he'll use kagawa in that position.

What you have to remember about moyes is that he doesn't have an obvious footballing philosophy in terms of how the game should be played, he adjusts his tactics to get the best out of his personnel, he had fellaini in central midfield for years, he has only played him further forward this season due to a shortage of strikers. You can see from some of the players that moyes has signed that he likes technical players, he is not a long ball manager, people only think that because of the fellaini tactic...

Last edited:

Robbie

He'll probably come out of retirement again when United don't sign a midfielder in the summer. He's like a ginger Jay-Z

numero

BJ6iSVMCEAEbYI1.jpg:large

:worthy:

DavidVillano1

How idiotic!

Money spent last 5 years:
Liverpool 260Million
Arsenal 125 Million
Chelsea 326 Million
Everton 63 million

Moyes has spent nowt at Everton and produced good season after good season. Now it might not work like this, but if he can do what he's done with Everton, what might he do with the resources at Man utd.
Last five years Swansea £28 million, Wigan £47 million, Portsmouth spent £63 million five years before they won the FA cup. Birmingham £53 million the five years before they won the league cup.

Moyes has done a very good job for Everton, but it could have been better in the cups and other teams have won titles on a smaller budget. This money myth that surrounds Moyes needs to be put into perspective.

Home of Barca Fans