Manchester United

Paul Scholes announces retirement, what a legend :worthy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22496013

Great player but should have never returned, it resulted in you guys losing a potential future CM in Pogba instead you guys are stuck with Cleverly and will probably have to dish out good money for a good CM (money wont be a issue this year though seeing as you guys are clearing out some players and also will end up most likely getting Fellaini)

Banana-Rama

Great player but should have never returned, it resulted in you guys losing a potential future CM in Pogba instead you guys are stuck with Cleverly and will probably have to dish out good money for a good CM (money wont be a issue this year though seeing as you guys are clearing out some players and also will end up most likely getting Fellaini)

david moyes will be aware that central midfield is a weak point for united, he has taken advantage of it a number of times against united at goodison, i am sure he'll sign a player or too there, i am not sure fellaini will be one of them tho,moyes loves everton so he won't want to be seen by everton fans to be weakening the everton squad. the irony is liverpool fans have been celebrating fergie stepping down but it actually means that united will finally strengthen the weakest part of the squad, fergie had an extreme reluctance to sign central midfielders which won't be the case with moyes. moyes tried to sign moutinho more then once for everton, he will finally have the funds to do that deal so i would put money on moutinho being that midfield signing, mind you he also tried to bring banega to everton but that is a less likely target for united...

Banana-Rama

You can have Matthaus and Zidane in midfield.........but being managed by Moyes negates that magnificence ;)

everton are going to finish above liverpool this season despite liverpool massively outspending them, you should be questioning your own manager before ours... :tease:

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
everton are going to finish above liverpool this season despite liverpool massively outspending them, you should be questioning your own manager before ours... :tease:

Seeing as I can see our manager building a team and building a way of playing and seeing it progressed during the course of the season being better football than what Moyes as achieved in 11 glorious years then no I won't.

Time for questions come 2-3 years down the line.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
BKKnbYHCUAAYeZa.jpg:large

Banana-Rama

Seeing as I can see our manager building a team and building a way of playing and seeing it progressed during the course of the season being better football than what Moyes as achieved in 11 glorious years then no I won't.

Time for questions come 2-3 years down the line.

oh so you will hold off on criticising rodgers until 2-3 years down the line, but your writing off moyes before he has even stepped in the door at united, talk about double standards, i already addressed the myth that moyes doesn't coach attractive football in a previous post, moyes is an excellent manager, he will do just fine at united, sir alex knows a bit more about what makes a successful manager then you do and he wholeheartedly recommended moyes for the job, so i will trust sir alex's judgement, you will be eating your words this time next year...

loozy

oh so you will hold off on criticising rodgers until 2-3 years down the line, but your writing off moyes before he has even stepped in the door at united, talk about double standards, i already addressed the myth that moyes doesn't coach attractive football in a previous post, moyes is an excellent manager, he will do just fine at united, sir alex knows a bit more about what makes a successful manager then you do and he wholeheartedly recommended moyes for the job, so i will trust sir alex's judgement, you will be eating your words this time next year...

I nearly ran out of air reading all that in one go :D

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Moyes has had 11 years to build a team to play a good style of football. He never did it. Just hoof it Cahill, Ferguson, Campbell, Beattie, Johnson, Yakubu, Anichebe, Fellaini. Same old tactics year in year out.

Moyes has done a good, if unspectacular job at Everton. The whole net spend thing has been misappropriated to an extent, as it's been massively warped by City's spending. In that, they paid Everton £30m for the average Joleon Lescott who was probably worth half of that, as well as £20m for Rodewell who again was not worth that. That accounts for a whole lot of money that came in then didn't leave the club. Moyes has done well at Everton.

Everyone right now, post-appointment shock, is trying to create these mythologies surrounding Moyes in order to justify his appointment. If you transpose his record onto a number of foreign managers of similarly sized clubs (many who've achieved more domestically) their managers wouldn't have a shout. So why does Moyes? Ferguson obviously believes him to be the closest embodiment of his own qualities. The problem is, the media and Utd fans are creating warped plausibility's for the man, imbuing him with illusory attributes he simply does not possess. Which means if he comes in and stutters, or is just simply average, it's going to be all the more galling for those heralding him as the next Ferguson at the moment.

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

Moyes has had 11 years to build a team to play a good style of football. He never did it. Just hoof it Cahill, Ferguson, Campbell, Beattie, Johnson, Yakubu, Anichebe, Fellaini. Same old tactics year in year out.

Moyes has done a good, if unspectacular job at Everton. The whole net spend thing has been misappropriated to an extent, as it's been massively warped by City's spending. In that, they paid Everton £30m for the average Joleon Lescott who was probably worth half of that, as well as £20m for Rodewell who again was not worth that. That accounts for a whole lot of money that came in then didn't leave the club. Moyes has done well at Everton.

Everyone right now, post-appointment shock, is trying to create these mythologies surrounding Moyes in order to justify his appointment. If you transpose his record onto a number of foreign managers of similarly sized clubs (many who've achieved more domestically) their managers wouldn't have a shout. So why does Moyes? Ferguson obviously believes him to be the closest embodiment of his own qualities. The problem is, the media and Utd fans are creating warped plausibility's for the man, imbuing him with illusory attributes he simply does not possess. Which means if he comes in and stutters, or is just simply average, it's going to be all the more galling for those heralding him as the next Ferguson at the moment.

Jurgen Klopp spent 7 years as mainz 05 manager, he didn't win anything in that time, in fact mainz were relegated in his final season there, dortmund took a punt on a manager who's record was less impressive then moyes' because they saw something special in him, the idea that this is the first time a big club has ever taken a punt on a manager from a lesser club is clearly nonsense, it happens regularly, maybe not in england but certainly in foreign countries.

Manchester united were not looking for a short term appointment, which big names like ancelotti, mourinho would of been, they would stay for 2-3 seasons then move on to the next big pay check. united were looking for a successful british manager, with a history of bringing through young players, who would stay with the club for 10+ years, moyes ticks those boxes better then anyone else. How is a british manager ever supposed to get an opportunity at a top club if they are not given a chance, chelsea have been going after flavour of the month foreign managers for years who get sacked within 2-3 seasons. What did villas boas do to deserve a chance at a top club, are you telling me moyes wouldn't of won the league in portugal with villas boas' porto team, are you telling me moyes wouldn't of done a better job at chelsea?

By the way there is nothing wrong with having a big striker up front, bayern have gomez and mandzukic who are big tall strikers, it doesn't mean a team has to play long ball football. Moyes has signed skillful flair players over the years as well but you conveniently ignore those, he signed pienaar not once but twice, he has had osman, another small technical player in his team for his entire tenure at everton. He signed arteta, a spanish midfield playmaker, he signed Bilyaletdinov, another creative midfielder, he tried to bring cultured midfielders like moutinho and banega to everton also.

The idea that moyes is going to tell players like carrick, cleverley and kagawa to hoof long balls up to van persie is ludicrous, he will play a style of football that gets the best out of the players at his disposal, clearly the players i just mentioned are better suited to passing the ball on the ground then hoofing it so that is what moyes will tell them to do. Moyes is not an idiot, he is well aware that long ball football won't be accepted at united...

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Lol B-R, don't even bother, when it comes to Everton and Manchester United Ed just absolutely cannot see sense and is extremely bias. You'll probably just end up facepalming yourself multiple times. :lol:

I mean everyone is bias to an extent, but Ed is more than your average football fan. Well, out of football fans I've known anyway. :p I got over being THAT bias by the time I was in my early 20's.

Home of Barca Fans