Manchester United

S7_MUFC

Really? every football news place in the world has reported it and various places said it was agreed even Vidal himself mentioned it! it's funny because it's the same thing all the time with United the last time and only one I can remember they bought a top player that wasn't in strange circumstances like RVP and Mata was Kagawa but that was because they missed out on Hazzard :lol:

I just don't see United getting him if hes actually available with other teams just letting him go
So, Why do you think United cannot sign world class players? Money obviously isn't an issue for us and in terms of reputation the only clubs who can match us are Real,Bayern and Barca...We couldn't sign world class players in recent years because of of Glazers' debt which is a non issue due to increased revenue and half of the debt being paid off.....Fergie was also obsessed with having a british core so we signed the likes of young ahead of Mata,Silva etc...and we also had some principle about not paying huge fees to agents.....I don't think those issues are relevant with woodward in charge because he's clearly interested in growing the club commercially and having world class players helps him to sell the club to sponsors.........I don't think Woody can actively buy players that managers don't wan like executives in spain do but if manager says that he needs a world class players I've no doubt that he'll do all he can to get the deals done..

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Real, Bayern and Barca don't just match you they're bugger clubs than you. If Serie A wasn't in decline then Juventus and Milan are bigger too.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Real, Bayern and Barca don't just match you they're bugger clubs than you. If Serie A wasn't in decline then Juventus and Milan are bigger too.

In what way are Juve and Milan bigger clubs?

Juve have achieved more domestically, Milan more in Europe! But they are absolutely nowhere near the same size of clubs, I would consider Liverpool bigger than both of those! More to being a big club than winning titles - History, Following etc, and neither of those clubs can match us in that regard!

S7_MUFC

There's no tangible way to measure how big a club is but if you ignore all the sugar daddy clubs and just look at the financial aspects of all the clubs than you can pretty much get the idea about how big a club is...I'm saying this because the amount of sponsorship deals and TV money(if you consider individual TV deals) are directly influenced by size of a club....Why did adidas pay so much to sponsor our club?? They could've based their valuation on how much they pay to clubs that you consider are bigger than us....

R

Ryu Hayabusa

In what way are Juve and Milan bigger clubs?

Juve have achieved more domestically, Milan more in Europe! But they are absolutely nowhere near the same size of clubs, I would consider Liverpool bigger than both of those! More to being a big club than winning titles - History, Following etc, and neither of those clubs can match us in that regard!

Of course Milan can match you in terms of history, actually they are bigger than you in that matter.
But you are lucky that Juve and especially Milan are even more shit in their current state than United. Though Juve is arguable, I guess. But with the added PL bonus over Serie A, i'd give it to United.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

There's no tangible way to measure how big a club is but if you ignore all the sugar daddy clubs and just look at the financial aspects of all the clubs than you can pretty much get the idea about how big a club is...I'm saying this because the amount of sponsorship deals and TV money(if you consider individual TV deals) are directly influenced by size of a club....Why did adidas pay so much to sponsor our club?? They could've based their valuation on how much they pay to clubs that you consider are bigger than us....

No. More of those monster contracts will follow. Adidas was completely foolish to pay you that outrageously much (and stupid), especially since your Chevrolet logo makes your kits downright repulsively ugly and hardly anybody will want to buy them.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Of course Milan can match you in terms of history, actually they are bigger than you in that matter.
But you are lucky that Juve and especially Milan are even more shit in their current state than United. Though Juve is arguable, I guess. But with the added PL bonus over Serie A, i'd give it to United.

I guess Milan is debatable, as the guy said above, there isn't really a way to judge, I'd say there is a group of clubs who can all have a legitimate claim to being 'biggest in the world'

Real, Barca, Bayern, United would be my 4 in no order...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
At the moment you are bigger because of the strong league compared to Italy. Though if Serie A was doing even slightly well financially then I'd say both of those clubs are bigger based on previous titles, past legends, prestige. Though you could argue United are bigger than Juve (I disagree).

The sponsor deal is helped by the fact you play in the Prem and the Far East has a weird obsession with that league.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

No. More of those monster contracts will follow. Adidas was completely foolish to pay you that outrageously much (and stupid), especially since your Chevrolet logo makes your kits downright repulsively ugly and hardly anybody will want to buy them.
So, I'm supposed to believe the assumption of some random poster instead of decisions of marketing executives of world renowned brands...Here are the facts for you-World record kit deal, World record shirt sponsor deal......and more of these contracts wont follow for some time because most big teams already have log term kit deals.....If we could sell our own Broadcasting rights like Real or Barca than we'd also have the highest revenue in the world......It's just ridiculous how rival fans downplay how big united are just because we had one bad season....

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I'm not a rival fan. I hated your club for a long time because of '99. But since we beat you into a bloody pulp every time we face you since then, I've forgiven you for '99 by now... ;)

And we'll talk again in 1-2 years or remember that moment, when most "big" club will have a 50 to 100 mio. a year deal with Adidas, Puma or Nike.

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

I'm not a rival fan. I hated your club for a long time because of '99. But since beat you into a bloody pupl every time we face you since then, I've forgiven you for '99 by now... ;)

And we'll talk again in 1-2 years or remember that moment, when most "big" club will have a 50 to 100 mio. a year deal with Adidas, Puma or Nike.
Well unless the kit deals are renewed before the current ones expire we'll probably talk after 4-5 years...It was just 3 times so and we deserved to win one but lost due to a red card....

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Ehrm... that's debatable, especially since that second yellow was solely due to the stupidity of Rafael. And if you only play football for 40 minutes and are so cocky to think you have the tie in the bag, you deserve what's comming to you.

But whatever. What's in the past, is in the past. ;)

shogunruax

United are certainly in the top 3 Bayern , Juve , Milan etc don't come close to the global appeal outside their country unlike us , Real and United

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Since when is "biggest club" synonymous for "global appeal" only?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans