Marc Bartra

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Yes he was very good, but to say he was the best isn't fair because he hasn't played against madrid, atletico, atletic, and the other good teams!
Well, after watching him cleaning up Pique's and Puyol's mess in the matches he did play, I don't think it's very hard to see that he has been our best CB, by far.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Saying he has been our best CB is really not saying much. He is the youngest of the bunch, so he wins by energy and speed alone.

In the home of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Stric

Saying he has been our best CB is really not saying much. He is the youngest of the bunch, so he wins by energy and speed alone.

Well this is just pushing it. By that logic, every player that's the youngest of the bunch (among CBs, attackers, or whatever), would win by that alone. This is simply not true. Especially regarding CBs, where experience is probably more important than with any other position.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well this is just pushing it. By that logic, every player that's the youngest of the bunch (among CBs, attackers, or whatever), would win by that alone. This is simply not true. Especially regarding CBs, where experience is probably more important than with any other position.

Yes well, you're talking about our CB group here. You've got the current version of Pique, a pass-his-prime and injured Puyol, and a non CB in Mascherano. Speed and youth is enough for Bartra to distinguish himself amongst these.

Samuel Eto'o

In the home of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Might make a few mistakes here and there but I find that he's a good reader of the game.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yes well, you're talking about our CB group here. You've got the current version of Pique, a pass-his-prime and injured Puyol, and a non CB in Mascherano. Speed and youth is enough for Bartra to distinguish himself amongst these.

One does not become the best defender in the Segunda with speed and youth alone.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Come on, that's not all Bartra's good at, he's good at 1v1s, is calm and composed in possession, pretty good in the air and has great bursts forward. He'd be seen as a great talent in any club.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Oh no I'm not saying that's all he's got. All I'm saying is that is all he needs to stand out. I'm taking a shot at the entire group, not Bartra.

All I said from my original comment was that saying Bartra has looked like our best CB didn't really sound like a compliment to him, considering who he is being compared to.

khaled_a_d

Come on, that's not all Bartra's good at, he's good at 1v1s, is calm and composed in possession, pretty good in the air and has great bursts forward. He'd be seen as a great talent in any club.

We need to see those qualities against the bigger teams tbh,against the likes of RM,Chelsea,Bayern,BVB etc ,he has shown he is probably our best defender against opponents in Liga ,hope he proves he is the as good against the best

Cule4life

The Culest
We need to see those qualities against the bigger teams tbh,against the likes of RM,Chelsea,Bayern,BVB etc ,he has shown he is probably our best defender against opponents in Liga ,hope he proves he is the as good against the best

Not even Baresi and Maldini can show those qualities from the bench

Home of Barca Fans