Marc Bartra

serghei

Pretty dissapointed with how he defended at Villareal's goal, but very nice at going forward with the ball. IMO, Bartra needs to remember that defending at set pieces is a major part of being a top centre-back. In La Liga, a 2-1 is as good as a 3-0, but in Champions it's a completely different bussiness, so to speak.

ebc_99

Bartra is playing really well, I can't think of many defenders of his age that are playing as well as he is. If we can get one more CB in January then I would be more than happy with the defence.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PhilS

His runs forward are thrilling, they invigorate the team. When Alves is out, these runs are more needed.

Pretending he is already a fine CB is premature. Masch is much more dependable. Every coach plays Masch big minutes, they are not wrong.

Pretty dissapointed with how he defended at Villareal's goal, but very nice at going forward with the ball. IMO, Bartra needs to remember that defending at set pieces is a major part of being a top centre-back. In La Liga, a 2-1 is as good as a 3-0, but in Champions it's a completely different bussiness, so to speak.

I agree that Bartra did badly on the corner (despite his good overall game), but it's not like Masch would have done any better on that corner. In fact, he would probably have done a lot worse.

ceefoo

He will get the blame for Musacchio's goal, because it was his man who scored. But other members of the team could have done better. Pique, who was marking zonally, for some reason got attracted to Busquet's man, even though Busquet's had him man-marked. And the goal was headed in his zone.

Credit to Villarreal. It was a good delivery from the corner, whipped in at pace. Those are difficult to defend anyway, and although Bartra stayed with his man, you can't always get there when the player (Musacchio) is running ahead of you and attacking the ball with aggression.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He will get the blame for Musacchio's goal, because it was his man who scored. But other members of the team could have done better. Pique, who was marking zonally, for some reason got attracted to Busquet's man, even though Busquet's had him man-marked. And the goal was headed in his zone.

Credit to Villarreal. It was a good delivery from the corner, whipped in at pace. Those are difficult to defend anyway, and although Bartra stayed with his man, you can't always get there when the player (Musacchio) is running ahead of you and attacking the ball with aggression.

That play was mostly on Bartra. He got duped by Musacchios loop around and really allowed him to dance straight down the middle of the box for a clear header without even needing to jump. That is a mistake borne of inexperience, so it's really not that big a deal.

You're right though that other players could have done better. Barca needs to change the way they cover those dead ball plays. Pique in a zone is IMO not a smart strategy. Zone players need to be instinctual and smart to know when to move, when to stay, when to cover a player and when to stick in the zone. Pique has slow reactions and doesn't strike me as an instinctual and smart type of player.

Last edited:
R

reaper

Very confused about what barcelona saw in him. I dont think he is a naturally talented player. Far better and younger CB's than him.

Bartra

I think he is getting better and better each day. Villarreal match wasn't his best, though. Normally he's good at defending and also going forward with ball so I think he can do better things for Barca as he is so young and inexperienced now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Very confused about what barcelona saw in him. I dont think he is a naturally talented player. Far better and younger CB's than him.

I see you don't rate anyone with much talent, seems the confusion you're experiencing has to do with your inability to recognize talent

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The renewal talks with centre back Marc Bartra (22), whose contract expires in Juna, are ongoing. A deal is expected soon. [sport]

:p

Home of Barca Fans