Marc Bartra

DinhoR10

I don't see much of a difference between Varane and Bartra, Varane had a good season last year and now he's leaking goals at times, Bartra had some bad games last season(Didnt really get to play that much anyway) but now he's made like 1 mistake in all the times he's been bossing the defense.

khaled_a_d

I don't see much of a difference between Varane and Bartra, Varane had a good season last year and now he's leaking goals at times, Bartra had some bad games last season(Didnt really get to play that much anyway) but now he's made like 1 mistake in all the times he's been bossing the defense.

Varane is better man,let's not be homer here
Varane was injured a lot this year ,he is yet to be fit for games ,he is much younger than Bartra too ,stronger ,taller more proven against stronger teams and more experienced at younger age ,list goes on tbh

Cule4life

The Culest
Yeah and i'd wait until Varane gets fit to compare the two. But i dont understand the need to constantly compare the two. I just want Bartra to boss it for our team

DinhoR10

Meh, maybe I just don't rate varane as highly as others, but maybe my view of him was warped cause he wasn't 100% in the classico. Although the experience thing can't be held against Marc, bad management isnt his fault.

psychotsek

Varane had a great coach to train him,believe in him and ease him to the first team.The result was a good season.On the other hand Bartra had a coach(?) who didn't believe in him,was by no means eased in the first team (CL,Bayer) and a club that would probably let him leave if it wasn't for this year's performances.Yet he managed to become one of our best players this year.
With these in mind I can't rate Varane that much more than Bartra.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Yeah and i'd wait until Varane gets fit to compare the two. But i dont understand the need to constantly compare the two. I just want Bartra to boss it for our team

There is no need for comparison ,but there is a reason they are made,just Like Neymar&Bale ,Messi&Cr7
Bartra is our young CB ,Varane is RM young CB ,If the two continued to be good there will be always a comparison

JamDav1982

Varane had a great coach to train him,believe in him and ease him to the first team.The result was a good season.On the other hand Bartra had a coach(?) who didn't believe in him,was by no means eased in the first team (CL,Bayer) and a club that would probably let him leave if it wasn't for this year's performances.Yet he managed to become one of our best players this year.
With these in mind I can't rate Varane that much more than Bartra.

Pep had Bartra when he was older than Varane is now and never played him and played CM and full backs ahead of him. It is a bit tough to blame Tito, perhaps if Pep had played him more he would have been more ready for first team football.

Varane's better than Bartra, but the gap between them is significantly smaller than we (myself included) thought it was last season.

Pep had Bartra when he was older than Varane is now and never played him and played CM and full backs ahead of him. It is a bit tough to blame Tito, perhaps if Pep had played him more he would have been more ready for first team football.

Bartra was never in the first team under Pep. He was in the first team under Tito.

JamDav1982

Varane's better than Bartra, but the gap between them is significantly smaller than we (myself included) thought it was last season.

Bartra was never in the first team under Pep. He was in the first team under Tito.

Whether he was promoted or not doesnt really matter all that still means is that at 20/21 Pep still did not think he was good enough. Anyway many players who are still with the b team play 15/16 games for the first team if they are thought good enough and needed.

Onyi

No. He was promoted in 2010. Pep left in 2012. Go to the first page of this thread for evidence.

Making his first team debut and being promoted are 2 different things.

In La Liga, first team members wear no. 1-25, and he wasn't given a first team number until the 2012-13 season.

M

Messi+Eto

Batras improving on a daily basis, and has exceeded my expectations based on his performances last year. However I believe he could become a Kompany-esque beast. I see a lot of similarities in them. Batra likes to go forward and boss the midfield/attack. Already has nice control of the ball, kinda like Kompany (largely due to his midfield past),just needs some Physical and mental training. . . . Maybe he should be put on some kinda special program.

Home of Barca Fans