Marc Bartra

CatalinR10

BentiWxIYAAwUZI.jpg

L

linetty

If Puyol in the end wouldn't be fit enough for World Cup, Bartra is an option to replace him. Inigo Martinez and Nacho other options. [as]

abual3bed1

I can't believe Del Busque is still considering Puyol for the world cup. I know Puyol deserves a last shot at the big thing but VdB is delusional to think he can count on him at the moment.

barcanuck

I think this is the last hurrah for Puyol and Xavi so Del Bosque wants to take them in the squad as a gesture of good will.

Trickykid

I think this is the last hurrah for Puyol and Xavi so Del Bosque wants to take them in the squad as a gesture of good will.

Xavi only at the WC as a gesture of good will from Del Bosque? You gotta be kidding me. Puyi probably, yeah, but Xavi? Fuck no, he'll be an integral part of not only the squad, but also the starting XI.

Galning

Xavi only at the WC as a gesture of good will from Del Bosque? You gotta be kidding me. Puyi probably, yeah, but Xavi? Fuck no, he'll be an integral part of not only the squad, but also the starting XI.

Exactly. Same with Puyol really, he might not be the guy who's going to play every single game until the final but he's still good for rotation and has a major effect on the dressing room. Always good to have him there.

barcanuck

Oh I know Xavi will play every single minute of every game. But his decline is clear as proven by the 3-0 loss to Brazil in Confed Cup.

Trickykid

Oh I know Xavi will play every single minute of every game. But his decline is clear as proven by the 3-0 loss to Brazil in Confed Cup.

You claimed that he was in the squad only because of a gesture of good will from Del Bosque, which clearly isn't the case. He'll play the majority of the games because he's still the focal point of the team. You're probably right that he indeed has declined somewhat, but he's still a one of a kind player, who every single coach out there would die to have on his team. Xavi isn't done yet, not by a long shot.

Home of Barca Fans