Marc Bartra

Alarcón

He can become world class if he learns from his mistakes and improves upon them. His talent is obvious but he is not one of those players who just seem to be above everyone else even at a very young age (like Varane). Probably a late bloomer as well.

Lomar1o

bartra is good. makes mistakes, but who doesn't? you could make a movie out of pique's clownish fuck ups. the only thing that i dislike about bartra is that instead of positioning himself well he rushes to the opponent in 1 on 1 situations. that bale's goal for example, he ran at him, should've stopped earlier, but he ran at him knowing that he had no back up behind. that isn't smart, but im sure he's gonna improve in that area, because it comes from experience. he'll be more calm. plus he's very good in the air.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Bartra has talent but he is not world class, not yet. If he cleans up his game, improves his positioning and defensive fundamentals, and most importantly sheds his baby body and gets some physical strength, he might yet become a top player at his position.

Antimadridista1

Thiago Silva became world class at 27/28/29.

The best period in the career of a centre back is btw 27 and 32 years old. Bartra has a lot of time to mature his game.

khaled_a_d

Thiago Silva became world class at 27/28/29.

The best period in the career of a centre back is btw 27 and 32 years old. Bartra has a lot of time to mature his game.

T.Silva has been class since he was 25/26 and he wasn't a CB since he was teenager like Bartra and suffered 6 month hospitalization that affected his career
It is true that Bartra still has some years to reach his peak ,but let's not set the bar too high for him,he is already a good rotational CB and if he develops into a better player it is always welcomed but expecting him to be one of the best CBs in the world might be too much even if it isn't out of question

Neeraj

Looking at his game against Real Madrid he was the players who recovered most balls on the pitch (14), also scored a the only goal for us. But I guess all of his ball recoverys were lucky ones and he didn't position himself good. And about Bale, the guy has hella pace and Bartra being injured didn't help him at all. I don't know what your definition of a top defender is but please tell me.

You don't just look at stats to comment on a defender. There have been enough games where Alves has been shit throughout but his stats say he recovered so many balls or wtv. When you watch football you just know how comfortable a team is with their defense and you can see that a defender has everything under control (like the silvas and vidic of the past seasons) or you get the feeling this guy could crank under a sterner test. And let's not justify anything by the goal he scored that's a moot point.

He pulled up in the bale goal dani alves and pinto were more to blame for that, hes faster than Masch pique , alves and has even outrun montoya at times with montoya having a head start. And I dont know how you can say a guy who recovers something like 25 balls a game has bad positioning. With him on the pitch we suddenly look ok on set pieces and balls over the top. Kid made one mistake since Pique came back and the haters come down like an avalanche.

As for Alves, I agree but currently Imo he is a joke of a defender and since we are talking about Bartra I feel he should have done more (bring him down if not anything). Faster than pique and masch? Come on that's not saying much now you're comparing him to 2 very slow defenders. And I don't think you got my point I'm agreeing that he's been one of our best defenders especially since piques injury but that doesn't directly translate to him being superb in an absolute sense only in a relative sense (where the sample set is quite a joke).

Overall I'm not even hinting that we should sell him. All in saying is he doesn't look like a world class defender and until he becomes one (IF he ever becomes one) we can't have him as our primary cb. We need a thiago Silva (just using him as an example) with Bartra playing the perfect rotation role. And then if he gets good, well that's great then.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

DinhoR10

You don't just look at stats to comment on a defender. There have been enough games where Alves has been shit throughout but his stats say he recovered so many balls or wtv. When you watch football you just know how comfortable a team is with their defense and you can see that a defender has everything under control (like the silvas and vidic of the past seasons) or you get the feeling this guy could crank under a sterner test. And let's not justify anything by the goal he scored that's a moot point.

As for Alves, I agree but currently Imo he is a joke of a defender and since we are talking about Bartra I feel he should have done more (bring him down if not anything). Faster than pique and masch? Come on that's not saying much now you're comparing him to 2 very slow defenders. And I don't think you got my point I'm agreeing that he's been one of our best defenders especially since piques injury but that doesn't directly translate to him being superb in an absolute sense only in a relative sense (where the sample set is quite a joke).

Overall I'm not even hinting that we should sell him. All in saying is he doesn't look like a world class defender and until he becomes one (IF he ever becomes one) we can't have him as our primary cb. We need a thiago Silva (just using him as an example) with Bartra playing the perfect rotation role. And then if he gets good, well that's great then.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Nvm then I wasn't arguing that he's starter material yet, if up against Masch then yes he should start but he's not completely ready yet. But he has all the potential to be if you ask me.

barcanuck

Bartra is definetely no all start defender at his age but is showing great signs of progression. That's all we can ask from him, he's only played 50 first team matches in his career. Let's just hope he becomes a really solid CB. We need a big game ready CB for next seasons to partner Pique in the meantime.

abual3bed1

Bartra is definetely no all start defender at his age but is showing great signs of progression. That's all we can ask from him, he's only played 50 first team matches in his career. Let's just hope he becomes a really solid CB. We need a big game ready CB for next seasons to partner Pique in the meantime.

He's only gonna learn with more minutes. He's been just good in the minutes he played this season and his improvement is showing comparing to last season. Hopefully he'll learn more from the coming defender, well unless it's David Luiz :VdB:

barcanuck

He's only gonna learn with more minutes. He's been just good in the minutes he played this season and his improvement is showing comparing to last season. Hopefully he'll learn more from the coming defender, well unless it's David Luiz :VdB:

Don't worry Bartra will be the best at 27 years old :xavi:

CatalinR10

Bartra: "I've grown a lot this season, improved a lot, matured a lot. I thank all my teammates and the coach for that." #fcblive

Galning

Bartra: "For me, it would be bad news if Tata would leave. He really believed in me and that's why I grew so much this year."

:tata1:

We've reached the point where canteranos are happy that they are picked ahead of Song in their natural position.

Stric

Bartra: "For me, it would be bad news if Tata would leave. He really believed in me and that's why I grew so much this year."

:tata1:

We've reached the point where canteranos are happy that they are picked ahead of Song in their natural position.

Yeah I guess that's the standard Tito instilled in him.

Home of Barca Fans