Marc Bartra

L

linetty

Varane is miles ahead of Bartra and is already one of the top CBs in the world when fit. He has everything and would be Barcas best CB by a distance.

Bartra has done NOTHING at ant level to get the praise he gets on here from some people.
What has Varane done to get praise? Bartra was by far better last season and 2 seasons ago they played too few matches to judge.

veryfatchocobo

What has Varane done to get praise? Bartra was by far better last season and 2 seasons ago they played too few matches to judge.
Bartra's done nothing that Varane has. He's been immense in pretty much all games he's played (minus the last WC game for France) and he's the starting CB for France with Sakho and deservedly so. His El Clasicos where he shut us down (with Sergio Ramos) were impressive.

L

linetty

Bartra's done nothing that Varane has. He's been immense in pretty much all games he's played (minus the last WC game for France) and he's the starting CB for France with Sakho and deservedly so. His El Clasicos where he shut us down (with Sergio Ramos) were impressive.
Bartra is still better and stats in various forms can prove it be it total of the whole season or per 90 minutes.

I am glad we have Marc and he will boss it this season certainly.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

So you saw every one of Varane's games?

DinhoR10

Ummmm. You mean the classico where he was part of a double nutmeg goal? I think you're stuck in 2012.

Povikas

Brandon
boer6jf.png

Captain Bartra

Neeraj

Yeah I'm also of the opinion we can't really compare Bartra and Varane. Varane has established himself as a WC centre back that everyone is talking about, nobody considers Bartra a threat, yet.

Let's hope this season the tide changes and Bartra rises to the fore! But I have never rated Bartra THAT highly, I think he was our best CB last season, but in absolute terms, I think that says diddly squat, cause we probably had one of the worst defence out there.

People tend to throw the we conceded so little argument around, but that's being a little silly if you ask me. We are a far superior team than 90% of the teams in La Liga, and we dominate possession, and generally outclass teams (who aren't RM, Atletico, etc.)

leaving them with barely a few attempts on goal. However, on those few attempts we always looked vulnerable, everybody knew how shit we were at set pieces, and almost every counter attack against us looked like a goal because of Pique and a lot of times Masch.

Coming back to the point - Hope Bartra gets the time he deserves after being the best CB last season, but will he come anywhere close to being a top class defender that top teams would be wary of/want in their XI? In my head, I don't see that happening, but

hope I am proven wrong!

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

As cules we should all root for Marc to reach a level Varane, even if he is overrated, has and that means fighting for a legitimate spot in the starting lineup in liga and national team.

Just because we root for Barca doesn't mean we can make stuff up and say that Bartra has done the stuff Varane has because he hasn't. People outside of La Liga probably don't even know who he is meanwhile Varane, if sold, can go for an insane amount of money today because of his resume.

But I do think that this is Bartra's year to step up and take over one of those starting CB spots. He has the talent for the whole world to know his name by the end of this season.

serghei

Real Madrid back-line is better than ours (ours from last season that is) by a considerable margin when not played in a high line. But if you put Ramos, Carvajal, Pepe and Marcelo/Coentrao and ask them to defend 30-35m. away from their goal, they are very bad. They can soak pressure all right, but they cannot defend well in 1 vs 1 duels to save their life. And both Pepe and Ramos are known to make huge mistakes occasionaly. When we played them in the clasico last season we were both vulnerable in defence. The difference was that Ancelotti made them to put heart in what they do. At the right time, towards the end of april.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

You guys can continue to call varane world class and I'll continue to watch him get humiliated and roflstomped. I suppose we both win that way.

Galning

Varane wasn't the same last year as in his debut season. Still living of that hype I see.. Bartra definitely had a better season than him.

Home of Barca Fans