Marc Bartra

ebc_99

Varane is no better than Bartra, he just came out of nowhere and got overhyped because of it. Bartra is every bit as good, and had a better season last year. It is a shame some fans can't see how good he is yet jump on the Varane bandwagon.

Stric

The difference between Varane and Bartra is that, in the beginning of him being a recognized player, Varane had a stretch of a few very good games, including one or two damn near excellent ones, after which he went silent. Bartra's best games weren't as good as Varane's best, but he's been making steady progress and isn't far behind Varane, or isn't behind at all, generally.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
The difference between Varane and Bartra is that, in the beginning of him being a recognized player, Varane had a stretch of a few very good games, including one or two damn near excellent ones, after which he went silent. Bartra's best games weren't as good as Varane's best, but he's been making steady progress and isn't far behind Varane, or isn't behind at all, generally.
+15 :emotions16:
I personally believe he can reach the same level as 2009-11 Piquenbauer one day. I have nothing but faith in him.

As for Varane...he is pretty good >_>. Loads of potential for sure, really nothing bad to say about him. No use in comparing though, both have bright futures. Really surprised he was mostly on the bench last season.

CuleLife4Life

+15 :emotions16:
I personally believe he can reach the same level as 2009-11 Piquenbauer one day. I have nothing but faith in him.

As for Varane...he is pretty good >_>. Loads of potential for sure, really nothing bad to say about him. No use in comparing though, both have bright futures. Really surprised he was mostly on the bench last season.

He had chronic knee issues and that cnut Pepe managed to have a good year so Ancelotti couldn't bench him.
He seems like he'll be leaving for 1st team action on another team though.

Bartra can be as good as Varane probably even better. I just want him to step up and get the recognition Varane gets. Hopefully he gets called up to the national team soon.

Richard.H

Varane is 2 years younger than Bartra and to be fair, has shown that he can handle a lot of pressure. Bartra in those same pressure situations didn't do too well.

It's this maturity that, for me, puts Varane just a tad bit ahead of Bartra. When he reaches Bartra's age, he should be one of the world class CB's.

Once again, I'm not saying Bartra is bad. He's a great CB with good positioning and discipline. I just think Varane slightly wins this rivalry.

DinhoR10

Copa del rey final? Header Golazo? Replacing pique against atletico in the champions league and was our best defender? You don't consider those situations pressure?

JamDav1982

Copa del rey final? Header Golazo? Replacing pique against atletico in the champions league and was our best defender? You don't consider those situations pressure?

The whole defence were all over the place in the two CL games against Atletico. They could have scored 6/7 over the two legs.

Bartra was as good/bad as every other defender in those games.

Even the Copa Final he wasnt that great, scored a great goal and gave everything but a Madrid side without Ronaldo could have easily had more than two and again Bartra was no better than the other defenders in that game.

sumo

Varane is better than Bartra for sure. Flair of physical power and technique not in same level.

I'd say Bartra is better than Varane with the ball at his feet. Bartra has a lot of flair. Which is why he might be excellent in a role similar to how Abidal used to play for Barca: on the right side of a three man defence, with Alba taking the role Alves used to play.

DinhoR10

In the first tie bartra was great and had the best performance statistically of any of or defenders the goal came from the other side of the field. But you didn't answer my question, how are those not pressure situations?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
In the first tie bartra was great and had the best performance statistically of any of or defenders the goal came from the other side of the field. But you didn't answer my question, how are those not pressure situations?

He wasn't up against Messi :alveshat:

Busi-Messi Barca

This this this.

Varane is overhyped as all Madrid payers are. He's still a great defender with good potential but so is Bartra in my book.

Home of Barca Fans