Marc Bartra

FC B

He didn't have much work to do in the minutes he got. All he had to to was to pass the ball to Mathieu:p
Don't know why and what he was looking for in the Elche box when Iniesta wronlgy passed the ball to him instead of Leo...

Cule4life

The Culest
Whether he's not good enough to start over Masch or he's being treated unfairly, he should just leave and save his career.

L

linetty

Leaving is not taken into consideration here. He will play for fuks sake, Enrique only wanted to go with experience at the back since it was his first official game...

But yeah, Bartra, escape while you can dude.

I

instinct

Whether he's not good enough to start over Masch or he's being treated unfairly, he should just leave and save his career.

Yup, he should make room for a world-class defender like Benatia or would he play more then? :horse:

Cule4life

The Culest
Yup, he should make room for a world-class defender like Benatia or would he play more then? :horse:

Being benched in favour of Masch is a whole together different matter than Benatia. Plus no one should be an automatic starter not even Benatia or Pique or for that matter Masch. Its just that imo he has shown enough to atleast play over Masch especially against a weak Elche side at home. I could be wrong and Masch may be better in training. But in both cases it makes sense for him to leave

Zangash

Banned
Don't see why he's still around. He could go to England and be a starter there and we'd inevitably have no choice but to buy him back in a couple of years when our two new CB signings inevitably decline. He has no future here whatsoever and it has absolutely nothing to do with his ability as a CB.

I fucking hate that Mascherano became a part of this club. =/

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Don't see why he's still around. He could go to England and be a starter there and we'd inevitably have no choice but to buy him back in a couple of years when our two new CB signings inevitably decline. He has no future here whatsoever and it has absolutely nothing to do with his ability as a CB.

Relax mate. Mathieu was a new signing and it's understandable to play him with an experienced partner in his first game. Blame Pique for getting suspended for this game, not Masche for being played. Bartra will get a lot of playing time this season.

I

instinct

Wow...

Zangash

Banned
Relax mate. Mathieu was a new signing and it's understandable to play him with an experienced partner in his first game. Blame Pique for getting suspended for this game, not Masche for being played. Bartra will get a lot of playing time this season.

The problem is we didn't have any experienced CBs available to play alongside him. If he needed an experienced partner he could have played Xavi there, who has far more experience than Mascherano and is also just as much a CB.

Bartra will not get much playing time when any CBs not named Bartra are fit if he remains 5th choice, which it is very clear is his exact position on the totem pole.

I

instinct

The problem is we didn't have any experienced CBs available to play alongside him. If he needed an experienced partner he could have played Xavi there, who has far more experience than Mascherano and is also just as much a CB.

Bartra will not get much playing time when any CBs not named Bartra are fit if he remains 5th choice, which it is very clear is his exact position on the totem pole.

You don't even know what Lucho plans. Mascherano starting ahead of Bartra in the 1st round doesn't prove your point...not yet. I'm pretty sure that Lucho knows about the qualities of Bartra and if he performs better than the other defenders in training, he'll start ahead of them in the league/CL or Copa. I'm pretty sure about that.

Zangash

Banned
Do you really think that? :facepalm:

Nope.

Zangash going crazy, definitely taking it waaay too far...

Possibly. I might possibly be.

You don't even know what Lucho plans. Mascherano starting ahead of Bartra in the 1st round doesn't prove your point...not yet.

Will my point be proven next week when Pique returns from suspension and starts next to Mathieu, who will inevitably, for some reason, still need an "Experienced" partner? Or will it be proven after international break when Vermaelen returns and inevitably starts next to Pique or Mascherano, because he needs an experienced partner as well? That'd be three straight games of him failing to start. It took one CB to be injured, another to be suspended, and a CDM to get a red card before Bartra got a chance to play. These are facts.

I'm pretty sure that Lucho knows about the qualities of Bartra and if he performs better than the other defenders in training, he'll start ahead of them in the league/CL or Copa. I'm pretty sure about that.

So what you're saying is you're pretty sure he isn't performing better than the other defenders in training; not even Mascherano. In this case, we should sell him, as he is dead weight.

F

Flavia

So what you're saying is you're pretty sure he isn't performing better than the other defenders in training; not even Mascherano. In this case, we should sell him, as he is dead weight.
No, he's depth. But if he's not starting ahead of Pique/masch, I think it's on him. When Pique came back, Marquez was around, and he benched him. Lucho has faith in the younger players, so if Bartra shows he is better, he will start.

Home of Barca Fans