Marc Bartra

Lomar1o

i still think bartra, if treated well, can be our main cb for years to come. i just hope puyol hasn't given up on him and continues mentoring him, if he ever has done so

Frodo_FCB

I have barely seen him make a mistake that led to a goal. he is always passionate and i like his positioning most of the times. Miles ahead of Pique in terms of speed and his aerial ability is very good too.
Give him some chances to prove himself and that doesnt mean to play him once a month :lucho:

Devils

This kid plays with heart and passion something you never see with Pique.

He may need to improve in some of his areas but he makes it easy to believe in him because of his desire. You can NEVER say the same thing about Pique who is the complete opposite and plays like a self-entitled prick.

Pique is the definition of deadweight, no drive or desire to improve, he plays because he has become accustomed to being a starter at a top club and has gotten away with starting under both Tito and Tata regardless of how shit he has been.

Needless to say, Pique is a classic example of the type player that any top manager (Pep, Mou, Carlo, Van Gaal etc...) would drop instantly because they understand how lethargic they can be to the team by becoming completely complacent.

Bartra should be be given the starting position from this point on, it's evident in everyone's eyes and if Lucho disregards it he is not doing his job.

Zangash

Banned
I don't get it, really. Our defense has been shit for years yet we do nothing to fix it. Every time we concede I wonder if that's the mistake that will make our current coach realize that Pique and Mascherano as a pair is quite probably the weakest CB duo in all the top clubs in Europe. We have Mathieu, who is old, and Vermaelen, who... never mind, we don't have Vermaelen.

I don't know if we need to play Bartra (Who I still say should leave for the betterment of his career) more or look to the future and start using B team CBs in hopes of developing them (Our defense can't get much worse than it is already, as we can only defend decently against weak opposition anyways), but Pique (And Mascherano. He's shit at CB too) needs to lose his spot as a starter and until he does we don't stand a chance of winning any silverware this season with La Liga being the only possibility.

sabby

Puyol should take tri-weekly coaching class for Bartra and all other Masia defenders we have. They are our future, especially with the looming transfer ban and current board's rigidity to not to renovate defense.

DinhoR10

@Zangash

Go re-watch El Clasico.
Mascherano saved us from manita.

But he can do those things as a CDM, like he did for Argentina against Holland. He's fast enough to cover more of the pitch than Busquets and that will help to free up Rakitic, he also doesn't need to move up too high up the pitch since his game is mainly long balls over the top as opposed to busi's short passing.

RightGuy

Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!
Bartra for Back!

Zangash

Banned
@Zangash

Go re-watch El Clasico.
Mascherano saved us from manita.

He saved us from going from total loss to total, humiliating loss. It doesn't matter if we lose in the 120th minute via a last minute goal or if we lose 7-0, a loss is a loss, and those responsible should be looked upon for their mistakes, no matter how they played before and after said mistake.

F

Flavia

If he doesnt play now with Mathieu injured Lucho is dead to me

You should begin funeral preparations, then. If Busquets is fit, it'll be Pique-Masch. I can see Samper playing as dm and Masch as cb too. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Lucho starting Pique-Bartra or Bartra-Masch.

Zangash

Banned
If Bartra trains as hard or harder than Pique, he should be playing. If he doesn't train as hard or harder than Pique, something must be wrong with Lucho's judgement of effort, because the difference between the way the two of them play is miles apart. If Bartra remains on the bench in favor of Pique I'll be incredibly disappointed.

Home of Barca Fans