Marc Bartra

hamoon32

yeah im sure;)
in the first half we were under pressure but our cb's weren't doing alot. infact, dani and alba and busi were under pressure. ajax were trying to shot from outside the box or playing in the wings and i don't remember an important block or clearance or tackle by bartra and masch.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
yeah im sure;)
in the first half we were under pressure but our cb's weren't doing alot. infact, dani and alba and busi were under pressure. ajax were trying to shot from outside the box or playing in the wings and i don't remember an important block or clearance or tackle by bartra and masch.

Maybe because thier positioning was good so they didnt have to make tackles? I dont understand why defenders have to make "last ditch tackles" to be deemed good these days.

Last edited:

BarçAjax8

Another game and another good performance by Bartra. You can argue the quality of the opponent (who dominated us for long periods) but things could have been a lot different if we had Pique or Mathieu instead. Not to mention he created the first goal for Messi.

Montoya/Adriano - Bartra - Mathieu - Alba should be our backline

DinhoR10

Maybe because thier positioning was good so they didnt have to make tackles? I dont understand why defenders have to make "last ditch tackles" to be deemed good these days.

Exactly, for the majority of the time Bartra doesnt have to go down on the ground to make a tackle, he's always able to poke his foot in and get the ball without getting the slip.

DinhoR10

Bartra is our best CB deal with it, you can't fight it

I think Matheiu on form beats him right now but then again He hasnt been given enough playing time to be sure. The only thing masch has on him is expirence now though, since Bartra has been working on his distribution and can hit long balls to wingers perfectly now.

CatalinR10

Called up for Spain again.

Tiger-Woods-fistpump-slow-motion.gif

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He's not slow.
He was slow against Bale only because he was injured.
It's Bale ffs.

lel.
yup Benatia/Varane would have ripped Thievy open with his flash-esque pace and would still have enough time to go grab a coke and drink it

Cule4life

The Culest
To be fair Thievy was blazing fast. I doubt even Mathieu would have caught upto him let alone Pique. But yeah nobody is claiming Bartra is Usain bolt's brother form another mother. He may not be good enough to start for Barca but Bartra-Mathieu and Masch as DM can work out for us with Masch's and mathieu's pace protecting him.

Even John Terry is not that fast. But Chelsea has a cohesive defensive system which masks his weaknesses.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He got exposed today a few times. Pace and strength both.

People have a dream that is Bartra, but I think reality is much less rosier than the dream.

Home of Barca Fans