Marc Bartra

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He got exposed today a few times. Pace and strength both.

People have a dream that is Bartra, but I think reality is much less rosier than the dream.

Well for all intents in purposes, it doesn't matter that Bartra is particularly fast or strong. It's just that he's clearly and evidently faster and stronger than Pique.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
He got exposed today a few times. Pace and strength both.

People have a dream that is Bartra, but I think reality is much less rosier than the dream.

There is something wrong with your team's system when 3 passes get the opponent 1v1 with the last man and had Bartra tried to pull down Thievy we would have been with 10 man

footyfan

Calma, calma
@footyfan name CBs that can out pace Thievy, Bale, etc. Take your time I'll wait

because that's what I'm saying....that he needs to outpace Bale and Thievy :facepalm:

He was outpaced more than a few times today and not just by Thievy. I was listing the denial from posters who didn't wanna accept that Bartra is really not fast at all.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well for all intents in purposes, it doesn't matter that Bartra is particularly fast or strong. It's just that he's clearly and evidently faster and stronger than Pique.

Faster yes, stronger, not sure.

Though even if both are so, not sure how much comfort that brings me :lol: More the case of in the house of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

SeloBarca

Bartra is also a little bit better on setpieces (although hes made mistakes there aswell)
Overall hes better then Pique. Hes not great, but better.

If it was doable, the whole centreal defenceline should be replaced. Its kinda crap that our best ccentral defender is a DM.

JamDav1982

Bartra is not a better defender than Pique not even close. He may be faster but no way is he stronger.

Piques head is in the clouds just now but the approach seems to be to alienate him and let him leave. The standard of this team is dropping quickly.

Lomar1o

because that's what I'm saying....that he needs to outpace Bale and Thievy :facepalm:

He was outpaced more than a few times today and not just by Thievy. I was listing the denial from posters who didn't wanna accept that Bartra is really not fast at all.
bartra isn't fast. but he sure is faster than pique ever was

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Bartra is not a better defender than Pique not even close. He may be faster but no way is he stronger.

Piques head is in the clouds just now but the approach seems to be to alienate him and let him leave. The standard of this team is dropping quickly.

Pique is incredibly weak and more importantly, he never attempts to get into physical situations as a CB. Not in the air or on the ground. Plus he's a donkey of a defender so I don't see where you're going with this...

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

CBs are never close to as fast as the fastest forwards. Bartra is fast for a CB not the fastest fast but fast none the less

JamDav1982

Pique is incredibly weak and more importantly, he never attempts to get into physical situations as a CB. Not in the air or on the ground. Plus he's a donkey of a defender so I don't see where you're going with this...

Piqe is not weak and is not weaker than Bartra not sure where you have got that from.

At his best Pique is one of the best 2/3 center backs in the world and probably the most suited to Barca.

The club need to get that back, selling him for Barta is just another example of inferior players being taken into squad.

JamDav1982

At peak Pique was good, that i can agree with. But now, Bartra is better.

We shall see but I would bet anything that if Pique leaves he will be on a different class to Barta over the next 4/5 years.

Bartra is bang average, Pique is potentially the best CB in the world when on form.

Irish_Cules

It might be harsh to criticize him for the goal considering how much faster Thievy is than your average player but he shouldn't have got caught on the wrong side of him. Bartra tends to play superbly most of the time but he does make mistakes that lead to goals. Most of these mistakes are him being to eager to get the ball or being to tight on his opponent.

Home of Barca Fans