Marc Bartra

khaled_a_d

He is very fast for a FUCKING CB.

No he isn't ,he is average in that aspect ,he isn't slow for the position but claiming he is fast for CB is just overrating

And people need to start judging Bartra as a squad player not a prospect who we should be happy with the flashes he shows and give age excuses for his mistakes
Whenever a CB was mentioned as a possible target for barca people get mad b/c he isn't fast enough for our highline defense ,Bartra isn't showing he is fast enough for that either ,we either need different players or different approach rather than pretending our players are something they aren't

Lomar1o

No he isn't ,he is average in that aspect ,he isn't slow for the position but claiming he is fast for CB is just overrating

And people need to start judging Bartra as a squad player not a prospect who we should be happy with the flashes he shows and give age excuses for his mistakes
Whenever a CB was mentioned as a possible target for barca people get mad b/c he isn't fast enough for our highline defense ,Bartra isn't showing he is fast enough for that either ,we either need different players or different approach rather than pretending our players are something they aren't

bartra is worthy of wearing a blaugrana shirt. on the other hand pique is not.

SeloBarca

I don't rate any of Bartra, Montoya, Rafinha and Sergi Roberto. I mean they are ok, just nothing extraordinary or anything near the level to become a gem at a club like Barca. Unfortunately the previous golden generation coming out of La Masia still confusing many people that everything that comes out of La Masia fart strawberries.

The only one I rate a bit higher right now is Sandro. Nothing over the top about him though, but he has the potential to become a great team player. Just like the way Pedro was many years ago.

Halilovich seem to be the only one in the near future aswell. The rest is pretty much at the same level as the ones mentioned. Adama is quick and strong, but i dunno.

khaled_a_d

I don't rate any of Bartra, Montoya, Rafinha and Sergi Roberto. I mean they are ok, just nothing extraordinary or anything near the level to become a gem at a club like Barca. Unfortunately the previous golden generation coming out of La Masia still confusing many people that everything that comes out of La Masia fart strawberries.

The only one I rate a bit higher right now is Sandro. Nothing over the top about him though, but he has the potential to become a great team player. Just like the way Pedro was many years ago.

Gotta agree here ,we have believed in our own hype tbh and we haven't been in the market for the right players trying to save money and thinking our La Masia prospects will cut it ,so far we haven't produced any player younger than Busquets who became world class ,there is still hope in many of the young players though

khaled_a_d

bartra is worthy of wearing a blaugrana shirt. on the other hand pique is not.

I've not even mentioned Pique in my post ,Pique might be awful right now but that doesn't make Bartra a better player ,it just puts him higher in the team rotations

SeloBarca

Its another thing this board is riding on the wave of previous succes.
Pep and Laporta brought up alot of good youngsters to A team. Then Rosell tried to do the same, totally underestimating the oposition around the world.
"We are Barca". This view and ignorance, thinking barcelona is above all else, is also what made other board members angry with Rosell during Laporta era.
While other teams have refreshed their team, streghtening weak positions with world calss players, we have kept our old players and relying on LaMasia, which clearly havent worked.

Players get older, they wont be able to play at the same level at 32 as they did at 22. You cant live on old merits.

BBZ8800

Finally some sense and objectivism.

Halilovich seem to be the only one in the near future aswell. The rest is pretty much at the same level as the ones mentioned. Adama is quick and strong, but i dunno.

Halilovic won't make it.

Gotta agree here ,we have believed in our own hype tbh and we haven't been in the market for the right players trying to save money and thinking our La Masia prospects will cut it ,so far we haven't produced any player younger than Busquets who became world class ,there is still hope in many of the young players though

Our board "bought" La Masia hype and how we have the best new generation ever coming from youth ranks and how everything we produce is a gold.
Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol were more like an exception, than something that will repeat too soon.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I rate Samper and Sandro. Samper should get a chance in that midfield.

anguy

Maybe he looks fast because you're comparing him to Pique. He got outpaced by Mascherano today atleast twice. Bartra has average pace for a CB.

Bartra is pretty fast for CB. And Mascherano isn't slow either, so it's no problem that he was outpaced by defacto DM.

JamDav1982

I think Masch looks faster than he is as he reads situations so early he is in full flight by time there is danger.

Bartra and Pique dont have that and are prone to reacting to a situation rather than reading it and take off a second late by which time the opposition are a step ahead.

F

Flavia

Masch is faster.

Anyway, Masch should be playing dm now. But he can't, as somehow he is the best cb. And zubi signed vermaelen. I really wish I could meet zubi in person.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think Masch looks faster than he is as he reads situations so early he is in full flight by time there is danger.

Bartra and Pique dont have that and are prone to reacting to a situation rather than reading it and take off a second late by which time the opposition are a step ahead.

Bartra's decision-making is also really suspect. He often reads something wrong and lunges at players/ball and gets it wrong and is left in no-mans land. This has cost him quite a bit of scoring chances and even goals. One of his most worrisome parts of his game IMO.

JamDav1982

Masch is faster.

Anyway, Masch should be playing dm now. But he can't, as somehow he is the best cb. And zubi signed vermaelen. I really wish I could meet zubi in person.

We will never agree on this but Masch is a great CB for Barca and his leadership is needed. Pique and Barta are headless chickens and not sure Mathieu or Vermaelen when fir are yet established enough to be leaders at the back.

barcanuck

Masch is faster.

I hope you do Flavia, and kick him in the nuts for all of us~!

Home of Barca Fans