Marc Bartra

khaled_a_d

One thing is for sure. The more we rotate the more mistakes will take place.

We really had few choice but to rotate ,Pique suspension,Vermaelen injury ,Mascherano needed to cover for midfield injuries ,Mathieu needing rest b/c he is crap

God Serena

Then ppl should have some patience! Instead of constantly wanting ppl to leave the club as soon as a mistake is made.

Mathieu has been making egregious errors since the start of the season. Now that Mats isn't in goal to be the scapegoat it's even worse for him. The sooner he leaves, the better.

Mathieu has been making egregious errors since the start of the season. Now that Mats isn't in goal to be the scapegoat it's even worse for him. The sooner he leaves, the better.

That's Mathieu as a LB. Him as a back-up CB is great for us. Mathieu is a solid bench player to have.

Beast

The Observer
I still laugh when some said he is on par with Varane :)

He is the equivalent of Nacho ..good option to have but never a starter

BBZ8800

Ok, but I will never understand one thing:
1. when Mathieu plays bad for 3 Months=let's kill him. He is old, dead and not good. (He doesn't deserve new chances, no matter what he did for us last season IN IMPORTANT matches, not again Mickey Mouse opponents)
2. when someone like Bartra plays bad for 488 Seasons in a row=he always gets excuses like: he is rusty, he is young, he needs consistency, his every mistake and every obvious flaw has some alibi etc
-- and whenever he plays bad and everyone gave up from him, in 2-3 Months, people forget everything and just come back with another round of: "let's give Bartra new chances, he deserves it."

Level of bias: 20 000

khaled_a_d

I still laugh when some said he is on par with Varane :)

He is the equivalent of Nacho ..good option to have but never a starter

This
As for Varane comparison ,well there is also those who believe a lot in the team own academy players,Ironically I know a friend who is RM fan who kept telling me that Nacho is the next Ramos
I won't be surprised if there is even same discussion about Nacho in RM forums like Bartra here

Beast

The Observer
Hehehe i doubt it.. maybe 20 years ago you would have been right
the latest generation that was hyped was the Soldado- Negredo -De La Red - Granero -Mata one

naturally success of an academy in a certain moment in time makes the fans feel everyone coming is of the same level

I've been on Barca forums as a regular for something like 11 years... i remember Gabri being the next Xavi , The Ogg master being an amazing CB
Bojan the best CF as well as i remember our own Alberto Bueno being hyped the same way before he ended up in Rayo/Porto as David Moreno was the younger Messi based on youth games & youtube sensation ... many people don't remember the hype Moreno had because ironically he was dribbling very similar to Messi :lol: you probably won't believe me so here is one of the video's see for yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqldzJduLNM

.. now playing in a 3rd division team .. what a dive :)
..naturally some players can show promise at a young age but fail under pressure and different tactics in the first team

F

Flavia

Ok, but I will never understand one thing:
1. when Mathieu plays bad for 3 Months=let's kill him. He is old, dead and not good. (He doesn't deserve new chances, no matter what he did for us last season IN IMPORTANT matches, not again Mickey Mouse opponents)
2. when someone like Bartra plays bad for 488 Seasons in a row=he always gets excuses like: he is rusty, he is young, he needs consistency, his every mistake and every obvious flaw has some alibi etc
-- and whenever he plays bad and everyone gave up from him, in 2-3 Months, people forget everything and just come back with another round of: "let's give Bartra new chances, he deserves it."

Level of bias: 20 000

Maybe some are holding to Zubi's words that he'll be good when he's 27 :p

I don't think Bartra ever will be good enough to be a starter. If he wants that role, he'll need to go to another club.

frog-fcb

For me bartra is a defender good enough for the barca first team. But i think his main issue is he needs a proper puyol type leader beside him to take him under his wing and offer him guidance and some protection in the way puyol did with pique

J

Jamie Cal

Nah. It's best to come to terms that he'll never develop the agression needed to be a starting CB.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Odd statement. Bartra has plenty of aggression. You can see it in his movements. I think he even gets more yellow cards and fouls more per minute than our other defenders.

His problem is not lack of aggression. If you said lack of strength, I'd be more inclined to agree.

Home of Barca Fans