Marco Reus

Co0ter

Xavi to start being slowly weeded out next season, Iniesta to take on his role and Reus into midfield as Iniesta's position!

BorussiaBarcelona

I can't believe people are seriously suggesting that we sell Neymar :facepalm:

Reus is an awesome player, but like Hamzah said, the front line is the least of our problems. Get 2 CBs, a CM and a maybe a number 9. Only after that should we even think about selling Sanchez or Pedro (NOT Neymar) for Reus. Also, isn't Reus better on the left than the right? The last thing we need is another LW.

Reus played as an attacker in the 2nd Bundesliga for Ahlen. Once he joined Gladbach he played purely on the right wing for his first two seasons before Lucien Favre played him as a striker again. Once he joined Dortmund he was forced on the left wing, given that they played with just one striker and already had Kuba on the right wing.
On the German National Team he's also playing on the left side, given that Müller's playing on the right wing and Özil behind the lone striker.

So he's able to play either of those positions, as they're interchangable anyways.

If we go for him, he should be dead last on our priority list. Our wingers are the part of the team that need the least reinforcement. Neymar, Sanchez and Pedro have all been good this season. Neymar's only 22, and Sanchez and Pedro aren't exactly 35 either. A CB, a CM, another CB, a 2nd GK and a #9 if we decide to go for one all come first (in that order).

Last edited:

Rival

He is an awesome player. To be honest I expected him to come this summer, as I thought either one of Pedro/Alexis/Cesc would go. Especially with Ter Stegen coming it wouldn't be too far stretched to think that they'd go for him as well. Makes them settle easier and all that. Really a class player, but should not be our priority. IF we'd have the chance and either one of the aforementioned will leave - do it. But oh well.... we've a transfer ban after all.....

desoe

If we go for him, he should be dead last on our priority list. Our wingers are the part of the team that need the least reinforcement. Neymar, Sanchez and Pedro have all been good this season. Neymar's only 22, and Sanchez and Pedro aren't exactly 35 either. A CB, a CM, another CB, and a #9 if we decide to go for one all come first (in that order).

I agree. Reus would be something you add to the squad after you're done with rebuilding it, not before. The irony is that Neymar should have been this player, but we just skipped the rebuilding process.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Reus played as an attacker in the 2nd Bundesliga for Ahlen. Once he joined Gladbach he played purely on the right wing for his first two seasons before Lucien Favre played him as a striker again. Once he joined Dortmund he was forced on the left wing, given that they played with just one striker and already had Kuba on the right wing.
On the German National Team he's also playing on the left side, given that Müller's playing on the right wing and Özil behind the lone striker.

So he's able to play either of those positions, as they're interchangable anyways.

This. He'd have no problems on the right wing.

I'd love him here, but I agree our priorities lie elsewhere. I'll be glad if we sign a gk and a cb (2 ideally) for now.

Lomar1o

This. He'd have no problems on the right wing.

I'd love him here, but I agree our priorities lie elsewhere. I'll be glad if we sign a gk and a cb (2 ideally) for now.

i agree, but it wouldn't be a problem if we sold sanchez + tello to get reus. we should buy a gk and cb or two without involving players i mentioned so getting reus is also a possibility in that case

If we do get Reus, how about selling Tello instead of Pedro/Sanchez (provided we can afford to)? We need more depth anyway, especially if we somehow manage to get Klopp.

He'd be a good luxury buy, but that's what he is, a luxury buy. We need to get the players we need before we try to buy him. But Neymar-Messi-Reus could be a badass front line.

Last edited:

CesDel

I doubt it, where did you hear that?[/

Well it was obviously François Gallardo who said that. He also Claims that Messi will leave Barca, so now im Not sure if there is anything true about this story.

Aha, ok then it's most likely bs. Gallardo also said that Özil was going to Man Utd, that Drogba was coming to Barça, that John Terry was going to Valencia and alot more of other complete bs.

The only time that he was right was when he said that Higuain was going to Napoli, and somewhat right when he predicted that Özil was leaving to the PL, although he said that he was going to Man Utd and not Arsenal.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Some people were saying Reus will join Barca next summer. It is a floating rumor at the moment just like Madrid press who claimed after the loss to Dortmund, that Reus is going to join Madrid in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans