Marco Reus

CesDel

His first touch and technical abilities are much better than Alexis. I think that he can fit our system ; I saw him many times playing as a right winger, that's the position he has last season when he was playing against Real Madrid and Malaga. Anyway, I don't think that we'll sign him unless we really sell Alexis or Pedro.

From what I have heard from German fans, Reus is a counter-attacking player who has alot of trouble when he faces a parked bus. If true, big chance he will flop..

NeyMesSis

atm he plays the best at cam ... he can easily play rw.

but i would be very sad for dortmund.. they lost götze and lewa already... I love this club and klopp (#nohomo)..

But if he is leaving, then it should be barca :D

Paganinisrvnge

Here's what I like about Reus.

1. Fantastic technical ability(great touches, dribbling, fantastic passing)
2. Good finishing
3. Fast both physically and mentally. Reus has great pace and makes decisions quickly. We can keep our possession football but imagine having the added weapon of fast counters with Neymar Messi Reus :worthy:
4. Plays his heart out. I almost wanted to cry when Dortmund weren't able to get that 3rd goal vs Real Madrid because Reus played so well and so hard. If Mkhitaryan could have finished better; one could say Reus almost singlehandedly beat Real in the 2nd leg.
5. Possibly the most important one. He's very versatile. He can play on either wing, as a CAM, false 9, and possibly even as a true 9 just ahead of Messi. I can imagine Messi providing delicious through balls for Reus to get on the end of.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Everyone complains about players being played out of position but so many of you want to have Reus. Where should he play?

He has played on the right wing before, where he was good, and now excels as a CAM. He's versatile and can play in several positions up front. As for what CesDel said, he is a good counter-attacking player but he could just as easily be used in a possession-based system as he has the technical ability and vision to combine with players when dominating possession - Gladbach a.k.a. "Borussia Barcelona" are not exactly a counter football side and he ripped the league apart when he played for them.

but i would be very sad for dortmund.. they lost götze and lewa already... I love this club and klopp (#nohomo)..

But if he is leaving, then it should be barca :D

This :blush:

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Here's what I like about Reus.

1. Fantastic technical ability(great touches, dribbling, fantastic passing)
2. Good finishing
3. Fast both physically and mentally. Reus has great pace and makes decisions quickly. We can keep our possession football but imagine having the added weapon of fast counters with Neymar Messi Reus :worthy:
4. Plays his heart out. I almost wanted to cry when Dortmund weren't able to get that 3rd goal vs Real Madrid because Reus played so well and so hard. If Mkhitaryan could have finished better; one could say Reus almost singlehandedly beat Real in the 2nd leg.
5. Possibly the most important one. He's very versatile. He can play on either wing, as a CAM, false 9, and possibly even as a true 9 just ahead of Messi. I can imagine Messi providing delicious through balls for Reus to get on the end of.

Also good for Neymar as he can have someone to play behind. Messi and Neymar interlocking behind Reus

Just mouthwatering

Howes

No chance of leaving Dortmund till 2015 at the earliest, I think he'd be amazing at Man Utd though

Jägermeister

You guys all say that Reus plays so quickly to the front. Yes he does, but isn´t it more because Dortmund play a completely different system than we do?
I said this already and will do this again, but I´m just not sure if we would be better than Alexis(who might leave) if we keep playing our possession game.
If it would be a deal where we do not have to pay any more money than we get for Alexis than it´s ok. Otherwise I´d stick to our current players.
Don´t think Dortmund will let Reus go anyway.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I am a huge Reus fan, but the time to buy him was last year, instead of Neymar.

Haha, I'm not a BVB supporter, just feel for them and talking justice here. That said, if they fail to eliminate/increase his release clause, then we should buy him fast before RM or Bayern do it. Would be heartbreaking to see him there

What justice are you talking about?

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Reus will be a bad buy as long as we have neymar. Neymar+Messi is enough we can not add a similar player in front line.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
He has good and bad days like any other player. But his good days? Holy shit is he good. Love this guy <3
My life will be nearly complete when and if I see this man in blaugrana

Home of Barca Fans