Marco Reus

F

Flavia

It's just that it seems to be a pretty common thread on this forum that people watch a match in which a player plays well and then they start going mad about him and demand him at Barca
And if by any chance the player is brought, and doesn't live up to the expectations, he's soon crucified. Rinse, repeat. Never gets old.

Barca8

Do you really think dortmund wants to even sell reus? and only for 23-28m?
No I highly doubt they want to sell. Why would they? I'm just pointing out as Doobs said where our priorities lie.

And if by any chance the player is brought, and doesn't live up to the expectations, he's soon crucified. Rinse, repeat. Never gets old.

I don't think any logical Barca fan is crucifying any player of quality like David Villa, Pedro, or Dani who haven't been their best these last 2 seasons. Only our epic fails Sanchez & Cesc + the decline of Valdes and Pique

MagIX

I cant belive that we get NEYMAR over Reus.

I just cant and its just sad.

I totally agree.
I am his fan since he played for B.Mönchengladbach (i follow the Bundesliga since years).

Neymar is more a advertising product of Nike. Robinho 2.0.

F

Flavia

I don't think any logical Barca fan is crucifying any player of quality like David Villa, Pedro, or Dani who haven't been their best these last 2 seasons. Only our epic fails Sanchez & Cesc + the decline of Valdes and Pique

What I meant is the flavour of the week is always desired, and people claim for them. Right now it's several borussia players. But if one comes and fails, he gets crucified just as fast as he was wanted.

Yugo Count Dante

What I meant is the flavour of the week is always desired, and people claim for them. Right now it's several borussia players. But if one comes and fails, he gets crucified just as fast as he was wanted.
Good point....

Several good players are out there low profile with great potential at the right place at the right time.

I must say Reus was fantastic in both games!

R

rivaldo10

Reus is not a player who just plays good now. He played like that in gladbach too but couldnt carry the team alone.

Just imagine Reus playing alongside Messi.

Barca8

Yeah I see your point.
I think the mistake people make is watching a talented player vs. one that would fit our style of play.

It all depends what direction Barcelona are going... we may never know what Alexis true potential is because I think like Pedro he's instructed to get the ball to Messi at all costs. Pedro at Barca vs Spain is a totally different player & thats why he isn't playing as well as he did a year ago. If our wide players are just used for work-rate and passing to Messi then no need to waste money as Tello, Pedro, Cuenca and Deulofeu can do that for free. If allowed to do what he does best I can see Reus being a versatile threat in our attack.

hellsangel1

Spain also regularly don't face the level of competition that Barca face. We've seen Pedro on more than a few occasions as well without Messi (as we saw against PSG) and he doesn't get it done consistently enough for me. He also doesn't win enough 1 on 1 battles either....

Gennaro

Spain also regularly don't face the level of competition that Barca face. We've seen Pedro on more than a few occasions as well without Messi (as we saw against PSG) and he doesn't get it done consistently enough for me. He also doesn't win enough 1 on 1 battles either....
I agree. Not really difficult to score against the likes of Belarus and Panama especially when you are playing for Spain...

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Been my favorite German for a while :D. I have never seen this guy play bad. Not great maybe....but never really bad. He is so solid and consistent! And when he is on top form there isn't many players that can stop him. I don't think Barca could sign a player better than Reus right now.(attacking wise)

R

rivaldo10

I have a bad feeling that if we dont go for him next season he will play for Real or Chelsea in the future.

Home of Barca Fans