Marco Verratti

Empty

What the fuck is wrong with people.

Neymar and Suarez are literally the reason we're able to compete for trophies right now. The front three are irreplaceable. Explicitly, you will not be able to find players who can replace what they do. Maybe Reus for Neymar, but I would go as far as to say that's the only one in terms of offensive inside-forwards. And I will not want to trade Neymar, who will probably be world's best forward in the years to come, for Reus, who has probably hit his peak (and is fantastic, no doubt, but I think Neymar will become a superior player).

Did something change? Am I missing something? Did Barcelona suddenly become a club where we have to compromise or some shit? Do we need to sell our star players to "make funds available" or "because we can't keep them" for whatever reason, when everybody is getting along?

We're not Liverpool or god forbid, A.C. Milan

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree he's tremendously good, but a club like Barca should be able to sort out its midfield and defensive problems without giving up Neymar, one of the worlds biggest talents. We're supposed to build, not trade and compromise.

I am not for giving up Neymar per se. But if we are talking about Verratti and Psg (which we are) we know full well that they won't sell. Only way to do business with them is to offer a player.

Btw. realistic thing to consider is; Verratti will most probably have much longer career than Neymar and not because he's little less than a year younger.
It's a known fact that Brazilians peak much much sooner than Europeans. And Neymar is not exactly a model sportsman even for Brazilian standards.
There are exceptions, of course, but if you followed football long enough, you'll know that I'm right.

Bottom line, Verratti could very well go on to play in Pirlo's age while Neymar will most likely go Ronaldinho's route or year or two longer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am not for giving up Neymar per se. But if we are talking about Verratti and Psg (which we are) we know full well that they won't sell. Only way to do business with them is to offer a player.

Btw. realistic thing to consider is; Verratti will most probably have much longer career than Neymar and not because he's little less than a year younger.
It's a known fact that Brazilians peak much much sooner than Europeans. And Neymar is not exactly a model sportsman even for Brazilian standards.
There are exceptions, of course, but if you followed football long enough, you'll know that I'm right.

Bottom line, Verratti could very well go on to play in Pirlo's age while Neymar will most likely go Ronaldinho's route or year or two longer.

Neymar isn't really the party hard, partially non-committed boy Dinho at times and some other players were.

I wouldn't send away Neymar for Verratti even if PSG wanted it. Neymar is one of the best players in the World and has progressed a lot and that only in his second season in Europe. He got the potential to be the very best in the World in the future.

Verratti is an awesome player, but to trade away possibly the best player in the World in a few years, who will lead our attack in the future and someone we have invested a lot in and by that I mean A LOT if we consider all the controversies surrounding his signing too, is just not worth it in my book.

If Verratti is not available then target other players like Gundogan who is performing at a high level again and buy a top talent like Oliver Torres while you're at it too.

JamDav1982

where is that is a myth, especially in recent times, they peak much earlier than european players

What is that based on?

Plenty of Brazilians have played on well to a good age -Romario, Pele, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lucio etc.

Name me any country and we can name countless players that have burned out early. Nothing unique to Brazil.

As far as i am aware Neymar doesn't drink and stopped partying hard years ago.

Siberia

I've noticed that Bojan is not really a Neymar fan. I wonder why :thinking:

Neymar is the future best player in the world and the future ballon dor. He's playing brilliant this year and lets not talk about how many money he makes for Fc Barcelona (markebility). I mean just look at his stats, he's like scoring every match!

khaled_a_d

What is that based on?

Plenty of Brazilians have played on well to a good age -Romario, Pele, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lucio etc.

Name me any country and we can name countless players that have burned out early. Nothing unique to Brazil.

As far as i am aware Neymar doesn't drink and stopped partying hard years ago.

It is more about brazilian superstars and specially Ballon D'or winners than all Brazilian players
Ronaldo and Ronaldinho and may be Kaka too are the main reasons of this.
By the time R10 completed 27 he wasn't half the form he was at his peak .
Ronaldo peaked at 20 and by 22 he started getting injured until he was 26 .he then performed couple of seasons in a high level then started getting out of shape several times .
Kaka moved to RM at the age of 27 and was never half the player he was .those 3 are the last 3 Balon winner
Rivaldo also peaked at 27 but by the time he completed 30 he was a shadow of his former self and wasn't good enough for the high level .that is their 4th
Pele played ages ago .other examples you are saying was gr8 players but non of them was the typical Brazilian attacker with ballon d'or in his CV ,except for Romario .

I am not trying to say Neymar is gonna be the same ,but there are roots for those myth tbh

Kohe321

You mean NEYVER ? :neymar:

Yes! Haha, I must have been in such a hurry to respond that I didn't see that one. :neymar:

Neymar isn't really the party hard, partially non-committed boy Dinho at times and some other players were.

I wouldn't send away Neymar for Verratti even if PSG wanted it. Neymar is one of the best players in the World and has progressed a lot and that only in his second season in Europe. He got the potential to be the very best in the World in the future.

Verratti is an awesome player, but to trade away possibly the best player in the World in a few years, who will lead our attack in the future and someone we have invested a lot in and by that I mean A LOT if we consider all the controversies surrounding his signing too, is just not worth it in my book.

If Verratti is not available then target other players like Gundogan who is performing at a high level again and buy a top talent like Oliver Torres while you're at it too.

Yes, Gundogan would be absolutely insane at Barca. I really want him more than any other midfielder a the moment.

Jair Ventura

It is more about brazilian superstars and specially Ballon D'or winners than all Brazilian players
Ronaldo and Ronaldinho and may be Kaka too are the main reasons of this.
By the time R10 completed 27 he wasn't half the form he was at his peak .
Ronaldo peaked at 20 and by 22 he started getting injured until he was 26 .he then performed couple of seasons in a high level then started getting out of shape several times .
Kaka moved to RM at the age of 27 and was never half the player he was .those 3 are the last 3 Balon winner
Rivaldo also peaked at 27 but by the time he completed 30 he was a shadow of his former self and wasn't good enough for the high level .that is their 4th
Pele played ages ago .other examples you are saying was gr8 players but non of them was the typical Brazilian attacker with ballon d'or in his CV ,except for Romario .

I am not trying to say Neymar is gonna be the same ,but there are roots for those myth tbh

What about Thiago Silva, Naldo, Alves?

Home of Barca Fans