Marco Verratti

F

Flavia

It is more about brazilian superstars and specially Ballon D'or winners than all Brazilian players
Ronaldo and Ronaldinho and may be Kaka too are the main reasons of this.
By the time R10 completed 27 he wasn't half the form he was at his peak .
Ronaldo peaked at 20 and by 22 he started getting injured until he was 26 .he then performed couple of seasons in a high level then started getting out of shape several times .
Kaka moved to RM at the age of 27 and was never half the player he was .those 3 are the last 3 Balon winner
Rivaldo also peaked at 27 but by the time he completed 30 he was a shadow of his former self and wasn't good enough for the high level .that is their 4th
Pele played ages ago .other examples you are saying was gr8 players but non of them was the typical Brazilian attacker with ballon d'or in his CV ,except for Romario .

I am not trying to say Neymar is gonna be the same ,but there are roots for those myth tbh

Ronaldo was plagued with injuries. If not, his career would probably had been even better. Kaka was never that great, tbf. Rivaldo at 30 started to decline, but that's common. Check Iniesta. If Neymar performs at top level until his 30s, it'll be great. Those myths are just myths. The samples used as "proof" are really small. All countries have players that peak early and late bloomers.

Using Ronaldinho as an example for what would happen to Neymar makes no sense. They are 2 different people. Those stereotypes are really stupid.

Kohe321

Yeah of course it's a myth, it's not like there is something in the DNA of Brazilian people that somehow make them lose their physical sharpness and conditioning, and their ability to concentrate and focus at the age of 27-30. :lol:

Some players become party animals and lose their focus and form once they reach a certain level of success, but that obviously has to do with individuals and is not bound to what country they're from. Perhaps Brazilian players have had a worse track record than players from other countries with this exact problem, and so it would be a cultural thing, but I doubt it. The examples shown doesn't say anything as they are far too few to make any meaningful statistic of it all.

At any rate, Neybro seems to be a happy guy who can enjoy a party, but at the same time seems to be 100% dedicated to the sport. The way he always is at his best in the most difficult games goes to show this. He might have a new Neycut every other day, but he takes his football seriously, and I think that won't change.

Relevant picture just because:

11049243_866635926739309_521187866_n.jpg

Last edited:

dakt

The only thing that concerns me about Neymar is...often times, I don't feel very confident with him.
Will he become the best player in a few years? I say there's 50-50 chance he will. I would give more chances to Hazard.

khaled_a_d

What about Thiago Silva, Naldo, Alves?

What about reading my post? read the 1st line .I clearly talked about those who won Ballon D'or and saying it is more about those type of players than Brazilian in general. And don't put Naldo with this names please

Ronaldo was plagued with injuries. If not, his career would probably had been even better. Kaka was never that great, tbf. Rivaldo at 30 started to decline, but that's common. Check Iniesta. If Neymar performs at top level until his 30s, it'll be great. Those myths are just myths. The samples used as "proof" are really small. All countries have players that peak early and late bloomers.

Using Ronaldinho as an example for what would happen to Neymar makes no sense. They are 2 different people. Those stereotypes are really stupid.

Kaka was gr8 and Ronaldo didn't cease the opportunity to be even greater than he was when he was healthy after 2002 WC.he showed over weight b4 he was 30
I am not stereortyping .just stating why many people are careful with their expectation with Brazilian players of this type when they are going in the later years of 20's .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The only thing that concerns me about Neymar is...often times, I don't feel very confident with him.
Will he become the best player in a few years? I say there's 50-50 chance he will. I would give more chances to Hazard.

Neymar is currently better than Hazard, both for club and country. And Hazard is a year older and didn't need to adapt to European Football.

:coffee:

Nothing is guaranteed in life though. For all we know neither of them will become the best with a new star rising up from the shadows.

But Neymar is still currently the best young player in the World.

Kaka also had injury problems which messed up his career, along with riding the bench in Madrid ofc.

Kohe321

He's already shown way more than Hazard, and he just recently turned 22. What he did at age 21 in the WC was incredible.

His improvement from last season alone, and how he has settled into european football, let alone Barca, in such a short time is really impressive.

The Ney is for real. :neymar:

dakt

Neymar is currently better than Hazard, both for club and country. And Hazard is a year older and didn't need to adapt to European Football.

Hazard, if he has any sense, will escape that fukin club and utilize his talent/performance in more attacking teams. Probably RM will step up.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Hazard? why? He can't even finish ffs. He is good player but neymar has more chances of reaching the top level especially in this generation where goals matter a lot. If hazard wants to successful he has to move to real madrid. Being at chelsea will never bring him stardom.

Hazard might edge neymar overall right now but that won't be the case couple of years from now. Neymar plays well at both barca and brazil. He has proved that he can take the pressure very well and the wc2014 proves that point.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hazard, if he has any sense, will escape that fukin club and utilize his talent/performance in more attacking teams. Probably RM will step up.

If Hazard leaves Chelsea then I'm sure it'll be for a WC fee. Abramovich is not gonna let him leave just like that.

Kohe321

But we're straying from the topic of Verratti here discussing Neybro and The Hazard.

Back on track: Verratti or Gundogan, who would you pick?

Personally I would like Gundogan. His attacking flair and passing is just something to behold. Verratti is good at control, shielding the ball and fighting for it like a hero, and he has great passing and dribling to back it up. But he's not as sharp or dangerous going forward as Gundogan is. Gundogan has that pace, vision and ability hit those incredible game opening passes that is just a joy to behold. Imagining him behind our trio of forwards up top makes my mouth water...

F

Flavia

What about reading my post? read the 1st line .I clearly talked about those who won Ballon D'or and saying it is more about those type of players than Brazilian in general. And don't put Naldo with this names please

Kaka was gr8 and Ronaldo didn't cease the opportunity to be even greater than he was when he was healthy after 2002 WC.he showed over weight b4 he was 30
I am not stereortyping .just stating why many people are careful with their expectation with Brazilian players of this type when they are going in the later years of 20's .

You are stereotyping. People need to be careful with their expectation about any players, not only brazilians. The blind love some cules have for any player that comes from la masia is a good example of that.
Kaka's game was about explosion, something you lose with age. Ronaldinho lost motivation, basically. Won it all, and wanted to chill and just play for fun, as he is still doing it. Iniesta is on a decline since last season, when he was 29. He still shows some glimpses, but I doubt he'll be what he once was. And he's spanish.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Hazard does not have the elegance of iniesta either to make up for lack of finishing. He should at least try to improve his finishing a little bit and he will be as good as robben.

Home of Barca Fans