Marco Verratti

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Kaka's game was about explosion, something you lose with age. Ronaldinho lost motivation, basically. Won it all, and wanted to chill and just play for fun, as he is still doing it. Iniesta is on a decline since last season, when he was 29. He still shows some glimpses, but I doubt he'll be what he once was. And he's spanish.

Not to mention his knee injuries.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But we're straying from the topic of Verratti here discussing Neybro and The Hazard.

Back on track: Verratti or Gundogan, who would you pick?

Personally I would like Gundogan. His attacking flair and passing is just something to behold. Verratti is good at control, shielding the ball and fighting for it like a hero, and he has great passing and dribling to back it up. But he's not as sharp or dangerous going forward as Gundogan is. Gundogan has that pace, vision and ability hit those incredible game opening passes that is just a joy to behold. Imagining him behind our trio of forwards makes my mouth water...

I think it was Dr. Pepper who thought of this solution(since Verratti is impossible to get unless we offer a player like Neymar which is just not worth it all IMO).

Buy Gundogan for 30m, and buy someone like Oliver Torres for 30m/Or Tielemans for less. Would max cost 60m in total.

Kohe321

You are stereotyping. People need to be careful with their expectation about any players, not only brazilians. The blind love some cules have for any player that comes from la masia is a good example of that.
Kaka's game was about explosion, something you lose with age. Ronaldinho lost motivation, basically. Won it all, and wanted to chill and just play for fun, as he is still doing it. Iniesta is on a decline since last season, when he was 29. He still shows some glimpses, but I doubt he'll be what he once was. And he's spanish.

Yes. Iniesta recently launched his own whine brand, didn't he? I think the reason behind his decline is complacency, however subconcious it may be and how unwilling he might be to admit it. He has won it all, and while he will still show up for big matches and give it his best, that fire is just not in him anymore. He's a father, and a very chill dude. To me it's pretty obvious that he's becoming more and more content with the idea of the life post-football.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
But we're straying from the topic of Verratti here discussing Neybro and The Hazard.

Back on track: Verratti or Gundogan, who would you pick?

Personally I would like Gundogan. His attacking flair and passing is just something to behold. Verratti is good at control, shielding the ball and fighting for it like a hero, and he has great passing and dribling to back it up. But he's not as sharp or dangerous going forward as Gundogan is. Gundogan has that pace, vision and ability hit those incredible game opening passes that is just a joy to behold. Imagining him behind our trio of forwards up top makes my mouth water...

Verratti over Gundogan for me, especially right now basing on the style of football we play. Busi Rakitic Verratti midfield would kick ass there is no doubt about it. But i know we can't sign verratti and i will be equally satisfied with gundogan if he can be injury free for the next 3 seasons. We need to get the most of our trident.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ronaldinho just recently said that the only thing he regrets about his Barcelona career is not being able to play with Messi longer.

He said he won it all so why would he have regrets otherwise?

Basically says it all. He lost motivation after winning everything he could win and went all party mode :alveshat:

G

Gasgas

Hazard does not have the elegance of iniesta either to make up for lack of finishing. He should at least try to improve his finishing a little bit and he will be as good as robben.

Does he miss many chances?

XaviMessiGirl

If we're going to do money and a player we should start off with Pedro. Shouldn't automatically jump to a conclusion that we have to sell a top player without negotiating first. Even I don't think giving up Neymar is worth it.

DrPepper

Even with Pedro we'd still have to pay like 50M extra for him. I'd love him here but he's not worth it. Even with Thiago Silva and Marquinhos we never wanted to pay more than 40-45M.

JamDav1982

It is more about brazilian superstars and specially Ballon D'or winners than all Brazilian players
Ronaldo and Ronaldinho and may be Kaka too are the main reasons of this.
By the time R10 completed 27 he wasn't half the form he was at his peak .
Ronaldo peaked at 20 and by 22 he started getting injured until he was 26 .he then performed couple of seasons in a high level then started getting out of shape several times .
Kaka moved to RM at the age of 27 and was never half the player he was .those 3 are the last 3 Balon winner
Rivaldo also peaked at 27 but by the time he completed 30 he was a shadow of his former self and wasn't good enough for the high level .that is their 4th
Pele played ages ago .other examples you are saying was gr8 players but non of them was the typical Brazilian attacker with ballon d'or in his CV ,except for Romario .

I am not trying to say Neymar is gonna be the same ,but there are roots for those myth tbh

Ronaldo hit problems because of his knees and Kaka started picking up injuries at Madrid that lost him a yard of pace that he used to glide away from players.

Are you trying to say that Brazilians are physically weaker?

Ronaldinho partied too hard and lost it no doubt.

Rivaldo though was not downhill after 27. The season he turned 29 he scored 36 in 53 games - his best total at Barca. Then at age 30 he went on to score 5 times as Brazil won World Cup.

Look at the european players fighting for awards at the same time as some of these players - Owen, injuries ruined him by early 20s. Shevcenko - was well past his best by 30. Beckham - peaked in mid 20s, Even Henry never got in top three again for WPOTY past the age of 27.

Nothing unique to only top Brazil players declining.

-

Bertus

Wow, the kid did it again. People are all over him.

The dudes from BlueMoon opened a thread too. Some expect MC to buy him from PSG for 30M euros :rofl1:.

Gosh, hope Barca smashes those bastards.

Home of Barca Fans