Marco Verratti

khaled_a_d

Ronaldo hit problems because of his knees and Kaka started picking up injuries at Madrid that lost him a yard of pace that he used to glide away from players.

Are you trying to say that Brazilians are physically weaker?

Ronaldinho partied too hard and lost it no doubt.

Rivaldo though was not downhill after 27. The season he turned 29 he scored 36 in 53 games - his best total at Barca. Then at age 30 he went on to score 5 times as Brazil won World Cup.

Look at the european players fighting for awards at the same time as some of these players - Owen, injuries ruined him by early 20s. Shevcenko - was well past his best by 30. Beckham - peaked in mid 20s, Even Henry never got in top three again for WPOTY past the age of 27.

Nothing unique to only top Brazil players declining.

-

I am putting myself on the position to be the one everybody hates what he is saying ,but ok then
I mentioned the time everyone of those started declining .I said it about R10,Ronaldo ,Rivaldo and Kaka .just the same as you saying .I didn't twist in any of that and I am open to accept any correction
But let's not forget how Ronaldo kept being out of shape since he was 28 .he was doing it specially after whatever minor injury he had .look at Messi and how he tried to discipline his life and game to avoid injuries after 3 seasons of injuries between 2006-2008.Ronaldo back to good health after 2002 WC and it was frustrating even for a Barca fan watching him not being so committed to being at the top .last Ballon D'or was when he was 26 .not even a top 10 mention after that .I am not talking to the 1998-2002 time of repeated knee injuries

But let's put it this way .all 4 of Ronaldinho,Rivaldo,Ronaldo,Kaka was of the top of their generation talent wise .Neymar seems like that type of player
All 4 shows how difficult it is for this type of player to keep being at the top at the later time of your 20's
All of those player depends on huge amount of talent ,their 1st step .amazing quick tricks controlling the ball,explosiveness need them to be gr8 shape physically
that is way too tough and it needs discipline ,body of steel and a bit of luck .some of those factors they can't control but not even with that .couple of injuries would hurt them bad more than any other type of player .for that to happen it is really really tough ,Cr7&Messi has shown now it is possible for sure

In addition to all of that ,party boy R10 has lost the track of his career at 27 .but I won't trade those 4 years for 10 years of other very good long term players .may be like Zanetti or Schools or you name it .4 years are huge deal in football and it is very long time in the history of it .and what he gave us in those years was special
The same way if there is a good chance that prime Neymar is going to be between 23-27 than 25-31 and I personally believe in that .I would still not trade Neymar for Veratti for that matter

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I am putting myself on the position to be the one everybody hates what he is saying ,but ok then
I mentioned the time everyone of those started declining .I said it about R10,Ronaldo ,Rivaldo and Kaka .just the same as you saying .I didn't twist in any of that and I am open to accept any correction
But let's not forget how Ronaldo kept being out of shape since he was 28 .he was doing it specially after whatever minor injury he had .look at Messi and how he tried to discipline his life and game to avoid injuries after 3 seasons of injuries between 2006-2008.Ronaldo back to good health after 2002 WC and it was frustrating even for a Barca fan watching him not being so committed to being at the top .last Ballon D'or was when he was 26 .not even a top 10 mention after that .I am not talking to the 1998-2002 time of repeated knee injuries

But let's put it this way .all 4 of Ronaldinho,Rivaldo,Ronaldo,Kaka was of the top of their generation talent wise .Neymar seems like that type of player
All 4 shows how difficult it is for this type of player to keep being at the top at the later time of your 20's
All of those player depends on huge amount of talent ,their 1st step .amazing quick tricks controlling the ball,explosiveness need them to be gr8 shape physically
that is way too tough and it needs discipline ,body of steel and a bit of luck .some of those factors they can't control but not even with that .couple of injuries would hurt them bad more than any other type of player .for that to happen it is really really tough ,Cr7&Messi has shown now it is possible for sure

In addition to all of that ,party boy R10 has lost the track of his career at 27 .but I won't trade those 4 years for 10 years of other very good long term players .may be like Zanetti or Schools or you name it .4 years are huge deal in football and it is very long time in the history of it .and what he gave us in those years was special
The same way if there is a good chance that prime Neymar is going to be between 23-27 than 25-31 and I personally believe in that .I would still not trade Neymar for Veratti for that matter

The point is for none of that does it matter if the player is Brazilian.

F

Flavia

Messi and cr are exceptions. Messi is still 27, though. Iniesta is on the same road as r9, dinho, kaka, as he started declining at 29. So were the players jamdav mentioned. It's not a "brazilian" thing, it happens to a lot of players, no matter the nationality.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
1 thing brazilians have 2 things in common that give us the type of trajectory R10 and R9 had :

- Amazing innate talent - concerns the footballers cited
- Pleasure/life lovers (girls, party and food) - concerns every brazilian haha

They have so much talent that they didn't have to work as much as others for, millions and millions of $ coming there way, won everything (though el fenomeno never won CL), too young and wanna enjoy life too much rather than sacrifices everything for football like Messi (no partying, gf, kid, ..) or CR7 (no drinking, lots & lots of training) do for example..

Other than that, there's the natural effect of time, and except a few exceptions, it's starts declining at max 30.

F

Flavia

1 thing brazilians have 2 things in common that give us the type of trajectory R10 and R9 had :

They have so much talent that they didn't have to work as much as others for, millions and millions of $ coming there way, won everything (though el fenomeno never won CL), too young and wanna enjoy life too much rather than sacrifices everything for football like Messi (no partying, gf, kid, ..) or CR7 (no drinking, lots & lots of training) do for example..

Other than that, there's the natural effect of time, and except a few exceptions, it's starts declining at max 30.

Kaka doesn't check the 2nd thing you posted there. he was always the good guy, religious type. Those things you mentioned are also stereotypes.

JamDav1982

Brazilians dont start declining at '30 max' at all any more than players from other countries.

Loads of them have gone on to play well into their 30s. Could quite easily make a good eleven of players from recent times that have.

Cafu, Carlos, Lucio, Thiago Silva, Ze Roberto, Gilberto Silva, Mauro Silva, Bebeto, Romario.

Even these past CL weeks seen Pepe, Thiago Silva, Tiago Motta, Maxwell etc all performing.

It is a total myth about Brazilian players.

JamDav1982

Pretty sure Messi is known to get drunk on occasion and Neymar doesnt drink so the lazy stereo types show there to be false.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
^ Good example there with Pepe. Even though he chose to represent Portugal, it doesn't take away his Brazilian genes and all that stuff I guess :pep:

He's 32 and getting better and he's RM's best CB and has been one of the top 3 or atleast top 5 CBs the past last year or two.

Vlom

Oh, okey so I just happened to live in brazil at a time where everybody was cheerfull, good to know lol
You need to read that those are great thing for me, i'm not criticizing, hell i'll even would have done exactly the same probably, and i'm only talking about R9 and R10 here, for me they're the best of them all, magic personified, and they both had weird pro carreers for lack of discipline, going to carnaval during la liga for R9, eating too much at AC milan, R10 going out every night etc etc ..

Though they both have won shitloads of cups & trophees, and are both worth around the 100M$ mark so .. all in all, they had it all, just the way they wanted it to be .. i'm just sad I didn't get to see them play at their best level longer:)

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Oh, okey so I just happened to live in brazil at a time where everybody was cheerfull, good to know lol
You need to read that those are great thing for me, i'm not criticizing, hell i'll even have done exactly the same probably, and i'm only talking about R9 and R10 here, for me they're the best of them all, magic personified, and they both had weird pro carreers for lack of discipline, going to carnaval during la liga for R9, eating too much at AC milan, R10 going out every night etc etc ..

Though they both have won shitloads of cups & trophees, and are both worth around the 100M$ mark so .. all in all, they had it all, just the way they wanted it to be .. i'm just sad I didn't get to see them play at their best level longer:)

I am brazilian... The "every brazilian is a party animal" is a very strong myth. Also for players.

Vlom

I am brazilian... This "everyone is a party animal" here is a very strong myth. Also for players.

I felt you were mate hehe, and I didn't say a party animal, more like joyfull/cheerfull, i don't know, in french i'd say "bon vivant", just look at that R10 smile or Neymar (or even alves) always joking around, very likable people, i fell in love with brazil the first time i've been there and i'm 99% certain that's where i'm gonna settle when I do and finish my life :)

So really nothing negative about brazilians here, don't get me wrong.

Home of Barca Fans