Marco Verratti

F

Flavia

I felt you were mate hehe, and I didn't say a party animal, more like joyfull/cheerfull, i don't know, in french i'd say "bon vivant", just look at that R10 smile or Neymar (or even alves) always joking around, very likable people, i fell in love with brazil the first time i've been there and i'm 99% certain that's where i'm gonna settle when I do and finish my life :)

So really nothing negative about brazilians here, don't get me wrong.

R10, Alves and Neymar are only 3 people. They are cheerful and love to joke around, but not all brazilians are like that. Latin people tend to be more open and warm in general, not only brazilians. And that doesn't translate in not being capable of having a career, because they want to party, as many are implying here. Somehow Ronaldinho is the benchmark of all that will happen to all brazilian players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
R10, Alves and Neymar are only 3 people. They are cheerful and love to joke around, but not all brazilians are like that. Latin people tend to be more open and warm in general, not only brazilians. And that doesn't translate in not being capable of having a career, because they want to party, as many are implying here. Somehow Ronaldinho is the benchmark of all that will happen to all brazilian players.

Stereotype :thinking:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

I didn't read everybody's arguments mate, I don't have nearly enough data to debate about that, for me there's only 2 brazilian GODS that I had the pleasure to see on a pitch and it's R9 and R10, was just talking about these two, that's all.

So ... I understand you're not cheerfull? .. just kidding.

Hehe

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's silly to claim there are no differences in mentality, or physique even, between people from different continents or different races.

Sure, Neymar could go on to play in his 40s and Verratti could end his career tomorrow. Everything is possible.
I was talking about some general stuff and odds on what is likely to happen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's silly to claim there are no differences in mentality, or physique even, between people from different continents or different races.

Sure, Neymar could go on to play in his 40s and Verratti could end his career tomorrow. Everything is possible.

If you had the choice between sending Neymar over to PSG for Verratti or keep Neymar and instead buy a Gundogan back in top form along with a young upcoming CM like Tielemans or Oliver Torres, what would you do?

JamDav1982

There is nothing to suggest that Brazilians are any more injury prone or weaker mentally though.

Nothing at all.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
1. Gundogan would first need to have a full season without injury, let alone assume he's gonna get to his previous level.

2. Haven't seen Tielemans enough to make an informed opinion

3. Oliver Torres doesn't impress me that much but tbf. I haven't seen more than 5 Porto's matches this season

Last but not least; I said Neymar for Verratti and Marquinhos in my initial post ;)

F

Flavia

Where did you get the odds that Neymar going down dinho's path is so likely? Why not Cafu's? Or even Alves? Or any other brazilian player?

JamDav1982

Other 4 Brazilian superstars that played for Barca?

You including Romario? He played at a very high level well into his 30s.

Rivaldo played at a high level until he was 30.

Ronaldinho lost motivation

Ronaldo was done by injuries and actually showed remarkable resolve to reinvent himself.

Home of Barca Fans